EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Cockpit Mod for X3 TC (any working ones around)
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nick_X3

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Dec 08, 16:37    Post subject: Cockpit Mod for X3 TC (any working ones around) Reply with quote Print

Hi all,

I got X3 Terran Conflict for Christmas & its really great so far, but I really would love a proper cockpit view, I feel it would really enhance the game.

I have been searching high & low & found this:

CCX14 by Galaxy613

Now I couldnt see if this was for Terran conflict or the other game (X3 Reunion).

Are there any cockpit mods available for X3 Terran? I tried installing the CCX14 but whatever I have tried so far doesnt work, I still dont see any cockpit.

Im completely new to all this so forgive me if this sort of thing is common knowledge on here.

Thanks
Nick Wink

amurph0

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 27. Dec 08, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Link:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219037&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

This is the only one for TC at the moment, it has some bugs, make sure you read the thread so you don't end up with your game crashing.

AeroCool Xpredator Black // AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.0GHz // H100 // ASUS ChIV Formula // 2x XFX Radeon 6870 Dual Fan // 4x2GB Patriot G-Series DDR3 1600MHz // Crucial M4 64Gb // 1TB Samsung F3 // Corsair HX1000W PSU
Dragon93

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Dec 08, 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219037

There is CockpitCallback by Arkblade, only problem is your game will crash if you Quit Game, Dock, Leave Sector, or Eject Ship while in cockpit mode, so when doing these things just go into external view (F1/F2).

Edit: Oh, beat me to it Wink.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Nick_X3

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Dec 08, 18:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks for the replies!

This is great, ive just tried it & it makes the game much more realistic in my view, shame about the bugs but hopefully somebody might get to work on a stable version soon.

I have no idea why the makers of this game chose to not have a cockpit view, im sure it would be VERY easy for them to do such a thing, I think it makes all the difference.

Anyway, thanks again,
Nick Smile

BlackRazor

PostPosted: Sat, 27. Dec 08, 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nick_X3 wrote:

I have no idea why the makers of this game chose to not have a cockpit view, im sure it would be VERY easy for them to do such a thing, I think it makes all the difference.

Anyway, thanks again,
Nick Smile

No , it's not easy at all to create good cockpits and it is very time consuming, plus a good amount of people don't care about cockpits (me included). I reckon these are the main reasons of their absence.

Xaffax

PostPosted: Thu, 12. Nov 09, 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

BlackRazor wrote:
Nick_X3 wrote:

Anyway, thanks again,
Nick Smile

No , it's not easy at all to create good cockpits and it is very time consuming, plus a good amount of people don't care about cockpits (me included). I reckon these are the main reasons of their absence.

Are are also a good deal of people who care a great deal about cockpits who have been completely ignored. (Like me) Headbang
The callback mods that are there aren't ship specific and to be convincing they will have to be. X-tension is the only free form game that really went all the way in that respect.