Ion Shard Railgun Forge

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mr_laurie
x4

Ion Shard Railgun Forge

Post by mr_laurie » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 01:31

Anyone built one of these in 1.3? Just built a complex devoted to Split and Teladi weapons (hey I'll try any weapon once and flog it for profitsss if it sucks)

Problem is the build time on each ISR forge is a whopping 11 hours and 14 minutes?

Any ideas anyone?

Allan F
x3ap

Post by Allan F » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 02:33

Build more?
Maverick: Requesting permission for flyby.
Air Boss Johnson: That's a negative ghostrider, the pattern is full.
Goose: No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.
Maverick: Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz a Split.
Split: Split now give you .... Aaaarrriiiigh.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 04:03

yeah...i built two of these into a complex....then saw the build time and went 'Eep!'. Build it and carry on with something else, i was surprised how fast 11 hours went when i was busy elsewhere.

mr_laurie
x4

Post by mr_laurie » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 14:16

Thanks guys was wanting to check it wasn't a dodgy install.

11 hours seems excessive, particularly since a PPC forge can churn PPCs out in under 4 hours...

Bah less profitsssss :shock:

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 21:00

Sometimes those factories are not really made to be profitable.. But to help supply your own fleet when the time comes.

I know that in game time.. My transports can take days to supply my Ships with those things because they take so long to build even in the AI controlled factories.

For instance I just bought the Elephant and I think those are what I loaded into them.. I ordered a transport to buy 6 of those things... And today while playing it finally finished it... I bought the TL last week by the way.

ChairborneRanger
x4

Post by ChairborneRanger » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 21:08

If I remember correctly, the ISR fab will make 5 every 11 hours instead of 1.

mr_laurie
x4

Post by mr_laurie » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 23:22

ChairborneRanger wrote:If I remember correctly, the ISR fab will make 5 every 11 hours instead of 1.
Yep - seems straight it's the only laser forge that I know of that makes multiple products per cycle. Guess it must have to do with ES trying to balance the "price v production time" of the weapons

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 00:07

It's more an automatic adjustment to avoid fractions.
When the L Fab produces 8 products in 1 minute, the M Fab would have to produce 3.2 products in 1 minute.

The M fab might end up producing 4 products in 1.25 minutes.

The pace of the game stays relatively constant but both yield and cycle time are variable. (As far as I know)

Some division probably ended up with a 0.2 fraction that was corrected.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 08:02

You can't get M and L versions of laser forges, though, so that can't be the explanation!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”