[TC] Where do I buy Hammerhead missiles from?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Hellfire546
x3tc

Where do I buy Hammerhead missiles from?

Post by Hellfire546 » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 07:31

Where do I buy Hammerhead missiles from?

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 07:38

They can only be salvaged, not bought... blow up some Pirates or Xenon (random ones, not mission generated ones) and you'll come across them.

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 16:54

too bad the PHQ cant RE weapons and missiles and make a fact. for them. That would be cool.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 17:01

The funny thing is that the Hammerhead is the Terran heavy assault missile but not a single terran ship can use it - only their enemies can. =P
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 17:59

Maybe because it's outdated? IIRC it was first fielded during the first terraformer wars....

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 00:18

Yeah; I think the hammerhead/beluga are from the first terran fleet.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

megbal

Post by megbal » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 01:31

On a related note, my universe seems to not have any Spectre missile factories and there are absolutely no Spectre missiles for sale at any Terran supply base. I have a few from the Terran plot but that's it.

Is this by design? Might a factory show up eventually? If so, are there ways to make one appear faster (without cheat scripts or anything)?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 01:36

Maybe, probably not, and no.

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 03:14

On a related note, my universe seems to not have any Spectre missile factories and there are absolutely no Spectre missiles for sale at any Terran supply base. I have a few from the Terran plot but that's it.

Is this by design? Might a factory show up eventually? If so, are there ways to make one appear faster (without cheat scripts or anything)?
Well find the weapons production plant in Alderin you will get Spectre missiles there.
I've just bought 140 of them and have them aboard my TL supply ship.
She's also carring over a 1000 anti-matter warheads and poltaguist missiles. :wink:

ctdking
x4

Post by ctdking » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 15:48

Gazz wrote:The funny thing is that the Hammerhead is the Terran heavy assault missile but not a single terran ship can use it - only their enemies can. =P
You use it to heavily assault Terrans. ;)

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 17:05

Andaius wrote:Maybe because it's outdated? IIRC it was first fielded during the first terraformer wars....
Misinformation. The Hammerhead missile is the single most powerful weapon in the game. 1.2m in damage spread over a 1k+ radius. Yeah...that's outdated. :roll:

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 17:15

Wolf-R1 wrote: Misinformation. The Hammerhead missile is the single most powerful weapon in the game. 1.2m in damage spread over a 1k+ radius. Yeah...that's outdated. :roll:
Outdated in that half the time upon firing the missile, a turret hits the missile as soon as it launches, blowing up the ship that launched it.
:roll:

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 17:40

Saber15 wrote:
Wolf-R1 wrote: Misinformation. The Hammerhead missile is the single most powerful weapon in the game. 1.2m in damage spread over a 1k+ radius. Yeah...that's outdated. :roll:
Outdated in that half the time upon firing the missile, a turret hits the missile as soon as it launches, blowing up the ship that launched it.
:roll:
This happens with every missile out there. Not just Hammerheads. Fire it during combat and you'll wipe yourself out. Hammerheads are far more effective at it than most other missiles.
It just happens to be that you can actually purchase Firestorms (the next best thing) and Shadows whereas you cannot replace Hammerheads. Furthermore it's been noted that if you fire most any missile from far enough away it will strike it's target without being harassed by gunfire. Just last night I actually wiped out a mixed M3/4/5 Xenon patrol with a single Hammerhead. Same goes for Firestorms...fire them from far enough away and make sure that it will reach its target then watch the fireworks.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 18:47

Hammerheads are powerful so that they are a neat pickup :P
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 18:57

I guess you guys never listen to betty when she tells you about the weapons....IIRC she said it dated back to the terraformer wars....just because it's powerful doesn't mean it's not OLD....

Wolf-R1

Post by Wolf-R1 » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 21:25

Andaius wrote:I guess you guys never listen to betty when she tells you about the weapons....IIRC she said it dated back to the terraformer wars....just because it's powerful doesn't mean it's not OLD....
Personally I didn't say they weren't old...they just aren't outdated. Outdated suggests there is a replacement for them. Old yes...but not outdated.

Andaius

Post by Andaius » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 06:48

Well appearantly they are outdated, as non of the terran ship use or produce them aye? It's been replaced with another weapon.....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”