[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 18:58

I recently starting playing X3TC and I really like the idea of this script. I just can't seem to get it to work. I am using the CAG from the same author at no problems, but this one seems to baffle me.

I've installed as instructed (even reinstalled just to see if that would work), but I can't seem to get the main menu. When I start Mine minarals, I get a very short menu like which ore, which sector, how much, and where to unload, but nothing like the big menu explained in the first post (or like there is in the CAG script).

Also, he seems to go mining, but he doesn't drop a beacon, also the pilot is not named in the info screen and thus I have no clue if the pilot is leveling.

Anyone know the sollution to this problem?

p.s. They do seem to shoot rocks and collect ore, and drop them off at my TL, at which point they say they are done and i need to tell them to start mining again.
Still no name or rank or so I have no idea if they are leveling up

p.p.s. Ok, seems I've been using the vanilla mining commands, Mine.S.
I do have "Start Minerals Mining.. Prospector" but when I select that, all I can choose from is "Scan Asteroid" and "Survey Debris"
First doesn't do anything, second seems to work as intented, but that doesn't make them mine!

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 22:56

You have to dock the ship first. Then you can select the mining options and also tell it what turret to use to break up asteroids (In the ship's main command menu).

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 08:17

No won't work even if docked, I tried, on several ships. I still only see the 2 options I specified

I'll try the turret selection option, as I know I selected it on some ships but I can't remember if I then tried the option again.

Edit:
Ok, Falcon Hauler in station, with a PAC in back turret, with mineral scanner, ore collecter, navigation and special command software installed.

Options under Special command do not include start minerals mining, only investigate asteroids. (and other non prospector commands)

Edit 2: Mercury, in station with the required equipment and software, turret set to mining, this one does have start minerals mining (not sure why the falcon does not) but still only the 2 modes, asteroid and debris, no mining.

Edit 3: Manually ran the setup script for prospector and for the pilot union, and now I finally get the main menu, and I get "start prospector" but then I get the question how many asteroids I should scan and then I select where.. if I press anything buy 0, they do zip nada. if I do 0, they seem to start surveying debris... also automatic naming does not seem to work.
Last edited by Mannol on Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:03

Just an idea, but how about you fit one of the ships with every ware you can get at an EQ and see what options you get then.

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:19

I finally got the prospector menu.. but they still refuse to mine.. all they wanna do is survey debris!

how is any other software gonna help with that?

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:34

Ok, I do not know which one it is, but I uninstalled 2 other scripts:
ScanRoid by Xai Corporation
and
Explorer Command Extension-Auto Explore by ThisIsHarsh
and now I do not get to choose how many asteroids i wanna scan after starting the prospector and he actually autonames the ship to the proper form.

if anyone has similar problems to mine, I suggest you see if you have one of those scripts installed and if so, uninstall them.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 11:34

Mannol wrote:if anyone has similar problems to mine, I suggest you see if you have one of those scripts installed and if so, uninstall them.
So I guess, you've got a conflict with already used command slots. If you want or need to use all of these scripts, there is quite an easy way to change the ones of prospector. It's the same procedere as for any other scripts by Lucike (manual for that procedere e.g. in the topic of CODEA, just need to use the proper slots for prospector then).

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 12:29

Nah, don't need them. I had them before I installed Universal explorer (which automaticly explores and scans asteroids, so I really need those two anymore. Just hadn't uninstalled them, wish I did, cause it would have safed me a lot of frustration over prospector..

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 06:36

My prospectors are on strike or something.....
Just bought 2 TS Mercury MTX and installed:

Ore Collector
Mineral Scanner
Navigation Command Software MK1
Special Command Software MK1
Fight Command Software MK1

When they were docked in Argon Prime I went into the menu SPECIAL->start minerals mining... [prospector]--->Selected Ore Belt as the sector to start and off they went.

Only problem is when they arrived they just froze even though current order was displayed as Fly to sector....Ore Belt.
So I engaged SETA and waited to see if they would move...nothing happened.....
So I started the Prospector program again.
This time they changed the current order to Dock at a solar power plant and then proceeded to go back to Fly to sector....Ore Belt, yet they are not moving.

Just wtf?
Am i doing something wrong? should I use the Mine minerals [Mine.S] command in the special menu instead? Or am I trying to mine in the wrong sector?
I know i didn't install the Mobile Drilling System but there should be enough small rocks around for them to get started right?

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 06:50

Manually break up some asteroids then reissue the command. After that it should be ok. This has happened to me before as well.

Domiel

Post by Domiel » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 13:17

Ahh ye seems to be working now.
Btw is it impossible to break up medium sized roids with anything but the Mobile Drilling System?
Last edited by Domiel on Sun, 18. Sep 11, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 18. Sep 11, 13:42

Domiel wrote:
Manually break up some asteroids then reissue the command. After that it should be ok. This has happened to me before as well.
Ehmm....how do i do that? the guns on my M3 (IRE, PAC,HEPT, PRG) dont even scratch them :oops:
Missiles!

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:02

Link dead? Can someone give me a link to banned guys thread that contains the file? I dont understand German and a search on his site for "prospektor" turned up nothing.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:17

Mannschaft wrote:Link dead? Can someone give me a link to banned guys thread that contains the file? I dont understand German and a search on his site for "prospektor" turned up nothing.

This......

Go down to "Collections and Packages"

Mannschaft
x3ap

Post by Mannschaft » Thu, 6. Oct 11, 08:41

Thanks....didnt know whole pages could be translated....

jamafish

Post by jamafish » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 17:12

download link seems to be broken?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 12. Oct 11, 17:33

It is, as lucike left the forum.

You can get the script from his collection from own website:
www.xuniversum.info via Google translator

... or the script itself from his own forum:
Lucike's forum via Google translator

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 21:10

Will it be in german in the game if i install it from there?
F signature

Lordaeron
x4

Post by Lordaeron » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 22:22

Peanutcat wrote:Will it be in german in the game if i install it from there?
If your games set to german, then yes. This script speaks russian, english, italian, spanish and german.

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 01:27

So i'l lget it in english yay!
F signature

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”