[MD] The Traveling Mechanic - v0.2 - updated 03.12.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Thu, 18. Jun 09, 10:52

this script is awesome. can i make a suggestion? try adding more upgrades with different prices. like increasing max laser energy and adding extra shield space

Keurallis
x4

Post by Keurallis » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 09:48

Nice script,i like it :D I spent a whole day searching for the damn ship,even tried downloading that teladi information service script to see if i could find it with that,and as i'm sitting there in ministry of finance trying to work the thing,i see your big submarine looking thing float right across my screen.

And i dunno if it was intentional,but if you eject from your ship and comm the dude,you can overtune your space suit :lol: But he still says he's teleporting over... Is there room for 2 in that thing?

crimson522
x4

Post by crimson522 » Mon, 22. Jun 09, 15:09

what happens when the mechanic gets destroyed? does he respawn in the same location or does he spawn in a random spot in the universe and how long does it take for him to respawn?

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Fri, 13. Nov 09, 10:20

X3 TC 2.5

i have managed to board the mechanic, it turns
into the mobile repairshop. then first got a msg
from the engineer who you call to tune things over
then later a lot of spam msg's from ''actor name mechanics''
or something like that .. is it suppose to spam you with msg's?
otherwise maybe a bug (i got rid of it by removing the script).

question : if you re-engineer it at yr PHQ does it keep the
120.000 freight cap? and maybe it will activate its orginal possibilities
as a mobile repair shop? (the goner aran had to be re-engineered too .. to be fully unlocked, maybe this is the same?)

thnks in advance,

qwizzie

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 02:14

so u can overtune your ships as much as you want for a price?
You can't have SLAUGHTER without LAUGHTER!!!

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Mon, 16. Nov 09, 12:55

yep .. you can overtune yr speed and yr manouverability
of the ship yr flying in .. in small steps

Nosferatu666rules

Post by Nosferatu666rules » Thu, 26. Nov 09, 02:07

qwizzie wrote:X3 TC 2.5

i have managed to board the mechanic, it turns
into the mobile repairshop. then first got a msg
from the engineer who you call to tune things over
then later a lot of spam msg's from ''actor name mechanics''
or something like that .. is it suppose to spam you with msg's?
otherwise maybe a bug (i got rid of it by removing the script).

question : if you re-engineer it at yr PHQ does it keep the
120.000 freight cap? and maybe it will activate its orginal possibilities
as a mobile repair shop? (the goner aran had to be re-engineered too .. to be fully unlocked, maybe this is the same?)

thnks in advance,

qwizzie
havent tested it myself, but if the ship is acting weird after you've got it then yes, RE it should fix it since you will make an entirely new ship of a certain type (in this case, the aran)

im thinking about getting this script... because i really want an aran (you can dock an m2 in there!!!) for the upgrades.. i mod the ships if i want those so not really interested in that,

i do love the idea and from what i've heard, the idea is executed great too

virgil64
x3tc

Post by virgil64 » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 16:52

Hi there,

Firstly, thank you, this is a great script. I used to run version 0.1, but when I re-installed X3TC I installed version 0.2. I originally took your "*hint, hint*" and would cap him before he entered a Xenon sector for example, no problems.

Now, if I cap him I get a message from Boozy saying I stole his ship and he will no longer do any business with me. Since you said the ship would respawn in minutes, will I no longer be able to use his services. That is a heavy price to pay and if this is the case, I will not attempt to cap as I value his services, lol :?

BTW, this question is open to anyone who may have capped him, got the message and then found the replacement. Will he still offer the upgrades?
Last edited by virgil64 on Mon, 25. Jan 10, 07:39, edited 1 time in total.

lamoyja
x3tc

Post by lamoyja » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 19:15

perfect for my needs

thanks

edit: Here I was thinking, hey this ship is pretty hard to find. Maybe I'll take a look at the scripting and see if I can figure out how to maybe make random npc's at stations tell you what sector they last saw the ship at, and maybe set it as an active mission to find it...

Then I looked at the coding in an XML browser for the director code, and about had a heart attack.

I thought it was confusing enough using the external script editor to edit scripts. That is nothing compared to figuring out how to edit director files with no previous experience. :D

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 24. Jan 10, 21:46

I have that installed and found him once, I set a disco to trail it so i'd know where it was but a pirate killed that :S .

Can't find him now, be nice if there was an option to pay for a rough estimate of the ships location though.

I know there is a separate script to use Teladi info services to locate ships/objects but the cost to locate larger ships works out in the millions, too high a cost really when i'm not after it to cap it.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

daimond
x3

Post by daimond » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 04:37

Teladidrone wrote:
shrikebtr wrote:Any tricks to finding him? I have been checking the three Boron shipyards I know about over and over for some time now, and have never seen him.
Sorry, no tricks I am afraid...
And there are a lot more than 3 Boron shipyards out there in TC; and like CNiall said that ship is SLOW: I tuned it to run around at about 40m/s; still it may take a really long time until it shows up at one of the 3 shipyards you are watching...

And if it arrives at some shipyard it will not stay in this sector for long... another shipyard is randomly selected as new destination and it will take off again - the ship is always on the move.

Only thing you can be sure about is that there is always a ship out there somewhere - if destroyed it will be respawned within a couple of minutes and continue the voyage.
Love it. I was looking for the respawn thread as I new it was about to go into a Xenon sector. I thought, bugger. So I continued playing, in the middle of Final Fury mission in one of the Khaak sectors, suddenly there it was, in the Khaak sector.

I think it's about to be blown to bits again.
Hurry up and take your time.

brattbags01
x3tc

Post by brattbags01 » Sat, 29. May 10, 20:24

Hi there, finally found the ship in Queens retribution and got to within 3K of it and talked to Boozy. Message board then told me how much it would cost to re-tune my Tiger and gave a choice of engines, manourvering or no thanks. How do i choose which one ? i tried double clicking on the options but no good or hitting enter do i need hot key for this. Thnx

Mordin Ashe
x4

Post by Mordin Ashe » Thu, 14. Mar 13, 08:00

Did anyone of you succeed finding this thing with Teladi Information Service? I just can't seem to find it in the ship list.

Sordinco
x4

Post by Sordinco » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 04:50

hi if i overtuning one ship ant them i go whit this ship to the HQ. I can produce ships of this type with better engine and rudder??

wanderer
x3tc

Post by wanderer » Fri, 27. Dec 13, 21:46

@Sordinco - No, the 'mechanic' adds tunings per script to your ship only.

Also some infos for players using XTended.
While in the beginning there's only one Boron shipyard, the Mechanic gets stuck there. In this case you will find it hard to dock.
This problem cannot resolve until you discover another boron shipyard. So you will not be able to buy stations from there.

With this codesnipped you can resolve the rpoblem temporarily. It goes through a stations docked-ships, and sends them the IDLE command. They then undock, move around, and eventually come back again. In this brief time, you may be able to dock your TL.

Code: Select all

Arguments:
•1: selectedStation , Var/Station , 'Select Station to check for docked ships' 

Listing:
002   $arrayAllShips = $selectedStation -> get ship array from sector/ship/station
003   $dockedShips = size of array $arrayAllShips
005   $tmpCounter = 0
006   while $tmpCounter < $dockedShips
007   |$checkShip = $arrayAllShips[$tmpCounter]
008   |$checkShipRace = $checkShip -> get owner race
009   |
010   |if $checkShipRace != Player
011   ||if $checkShip -> is docked
012   |||START $checkShip -> command COMMAND_IDLE : arg1=null, arg2=null, arg3=null, arg4=null
013 @ |||= wait 5000 ms
014   ||end
015   |end
016   |
017   |inc $tmpCounter = 
018   end
021   return null
If code is needed elswhere - feel-free-to-use-it...

Mr_Blastman
x4

Post by Mr_Blastman » Tue, 28. Jan 14, 03:21

wanderer wrote:@Sordinco - No, the 'mechanic' adds tunings per script to your ship only.

Also some infos for players using XTended.
While in the beginning there's only one Boron shipyard, the Mechanic gets stuck there. In this case you will find it hard to dock.
This problem cannot resolve until you discover another boron shipyard. So you will not be able to buy stations from there.

With this codesnipped you can resolve the rpoblem temporarily. It goes through a stations docked-ships, and sends them the IDLE command. They then undock, move around, and eventually come back again. In this brief time, you may be able to dock your TL.

Code: Select all

Arguments:
•1: selectedStation , Var/Station , 'Select Station to check for docked ships' 

Listing:
002   $arrayAllShips = $selectedStation -> get ship array from sector/ship/station
003   $dockedShips = size of array $arrayAllShips
005   $tmpCounter = 0
006   while $tmpCounter < $dockedShips
007   |$checkShip = $arrayAllShips[$tmpCounter]
008   |$checkShipRace = $checkShip -> get owner race
009   |
010   |if $checkShipRace != Player
011   ||if $checkShip -> is docked
012   |||START $checkShip -> command COMMAND_IDLE : arg1=null, arg2=null, arg3=null, arg4=null
013 @ |||= wait 5000 ms
014   ||end
015   |end
016   |
017   |inc $tmpCounter = 
018   end
021   return null
If code is needed elswhere - feel-free-to-use-it...
Thanks for the info.

One question:

I am using XTended with Albion Prelude (it works now, yay) and would like to install this mod/script...

Thing is, it is .spk only. Which, as I've found in the past, requires the mod manager and works great in Reunion + XTC.

However, in TC/AP, when I put the mod manager in, it porked wares at stations and I could no longer buy highly important stuff like Salvage Claim Software.

So my question is--how do I install this mod or get mod manager to be friendly with XTC?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”