IF YOU DOWNLOADED VERSION 1.50 BEFORE AUGUST 15, 2009 AT 1400 CDT (UTC - 5), DOWNLOAD THE FILE AGAIN
- Required Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration
- SPK Version - Intelligent Targeting System
- Required Cycrow's Plugin Manager
- ZIP Version - Intelligent Targeting System
- Version 1.50
- Reworked Category/Target hotkey scripts.
- Added Saved Targets Menu.
- Added Saved Targets Multi-Press Hotkey.
- Reworked Entire text file system. Intelligent Targeting System is now available for localization.
- Reworked Every script. Cleaned up the variable names.
- Streamlined Entire plugin. Now uses less memory.
- Fixed Searches not changing category if a search type was selected in the Search Menu.
- Fixed Auto-Target script starting more than once under special circumstances.
- Fixed Player-owned ships being subject to gravidar range limitation.
- Added Select Non-Scanned function.
- Fixed Global variable array not saving properly.
- Fixed Corporation Strings for the Search String Menu.
- Added Customizable Quad-Press of the Menu hotkey.
- Fixed String Search interfering with Asteroids, Flying Wares, and Gates.
- Added Double-Press and Triple-Press quick key function to the Menu hotkey.
- Added Configuration Options
- Sort Array Option (Alphabetically, Distance to All Objects, Distance to Enemies)
- Customizable Double-Press of the Menu hotkey.
- Customizable Triple-Press of the Menu hotkey.
- Added Next Category hotkey.
- Added Previous Category hotkey.
- Fixed Class and Race menus registering unknown objects.
- Reworked String Menu and Append System.
- Reworked No Aim Next and Previous hotkey recognition.
- Added Auto-Targeting of Enemies and Auto-Target Menu.
- Added Search for Enemy Ships Option.
- Added Search Mineral Menu
- Added Search Ware Menu
- Added Search Amount/Yield Menu
- Added Search for Asteroids with Collectable Rocks Only Option.
What this Does...
There are seven (7) hotkeys added:
- ITS: Next Target
- ITS: Previous Target
- ITS: Next Category
- ITS: Previous Category
- ITS: Search Menu
- This hotkey also has double-press, triple-press, and quad-press functions.
- ITS: Saved Menu
- ITS: Saved Target
- This hotkey has up to ten multi-presses.
- Known Asteroids
- Known Gates
- Ships within gravidar distance.
- Friendly or Neutral
- Known Stations
- Friendly or Neutral
- Flying Wares within gravidar distance
In Version 1.50, Saved Targets was added to ITS. With this, you can save an unlimited amount of ships or stations that you can recall through the Saved Menu hotkey. As well, the Saved Targets hotkey takes up to ten presses, each having its own saved target. This hotkey must be configured through the Saved Menu.
How to Use...
To use the Intelligent Targeting System (ITS), simply press the Next Target or Previous Target hotkey. If something is currently targeted, this will switch your target to another object of similar type. If you have no aim, it will cycle through the categories until one is found; this is completely affected by you Search Menu choices.
Pressing the Next Category or Previous Category hotkeys will switch between the different object classes. Example: if you have an enemy ship selected and you press the Previous Category hotkey, if there are normal ships in the sector, the ITS will switch to Friendly or Neutral ships. Pressing the Next Category hotkey would switch it to player ships, if there were any in the sector.
To customize the ITS somewhat, open the Configuration Menu.
- The option Select Array Sort Type will change the way the ITS selects the next and previous targets. Setting this to Distance: All will sort the array so that with each press of the hotkey, you will select an object that is either closer or farther away. Setting this to Distance: Enemies will do the same but only for enemy ships and stations. The default is Alphabetically.
- The Menu Key Double-Press menu allows you quick access to one of the Search Menu's functions. Once you have something selected, simply double-press the Menu hotkey to access the function.
- The Menu Key Triple-Press menu performs the same as with the double-press menu. The only difference is that you must triple-press the Menu key to access the function.
- The Menu Key Quad-Press menu performs the same as the double and triple-press menu. The only difference is that you must quad-press the Menu key to access the function.
- Using the Select Distance menu is simple. Choose to input a new distance, but be warned, you cannot search farther than your scanner range. Choose the No Distance option to return to a broader search.
- The Select Non-Scanned menu allows you to narrow the search down to non-scanned objects. Unfortunately, this function is currently limited to Asteroids. The code is already in place if a patch gives the ability to find non-scanned ships.
- The Auto-Target menu will select the routine which the computer will use to select the next enemy (either after one is destroyed or you lose aim). This can be by class or race (if you have selected one) or by the overall power of an enemy or simply by the closest proximity of an enemy. Choose No Auto-Target to return to a broader search.
- The Search Enemies Only (On/Off) option, if turned on, will only cycle through enemy ships if you do not have any aim.
- If you have a ship selected, the Select Class menu will have the ship classes; likewise, if you have a station targeted, station classes will be in that menu. Choosing a class will narrow the ITS search down further to only that class. Choose the No Class option to return to a broader search.
- Selecting race with the Select Race menu is just as easy. Select a race and the search will be limited to objects owned by that race alone. Choose the No Race option to return to a broader search.
- Use the Select String menu to narrow down the names of objects that can be targeted. You may use several strings here for greater accuracy. For instance, using Terracorp and Transporter will narrow down the search to bio, energy, and mineral transporters owned by Terracorp in the sector.
- The Append to Search Array: option will merely add the selected string to the end of the array.
- The Replace in Search Array: option will allow you to replace one of the words already in the array with the new word.
- The Replace all Search Array: option will replace the entire search string array with the new word.
- The Search Collectable Only (On/Off) option will only target asteroids which have collectable rocks.
- The Select Mineral menu will allow you to select only asteroids of that mineral to target. Choose No Mineral to return to a broader search.
- Using the Select Ware menu will allow you to only target flying wares of the type selected. Choose No Ware to return to a broader search.
- The Select Amount menu allows you to choose the minimum yield for asteroids or the minimum amount of a ware within a flying crate. Choose No Amount to return to a broader search.
- If you have a ship or station selected that is not already saved, the option Save Current Target will be available. With this, your target is saved to its appropriate array.
- The option Save New Target will bring up a user input which will let you select a ship or station. If the selected object is already saved, the action will be canceled.
- The option Edit Saved Targets will take you to a sub-menu which allows you to remove all saved targets or individual targets from their respective arrays.
- Multi-Press Menu will take you to a sub-menu which allows you to set up the multi-presses.
- If you have targets already saved, the targets will be listed under the Saved Ships or Saved Stations headings. Selecting one of these options will target the object if it is in open space and your sector. If it is docked, in a different sector, or no longer exists, the parentheses will say so.
To use the Multi-Press Menu, select its option in the Saved Targets Menu. This sub-menu will show you the ten multi-presses. Select one of the options to take you to the Assign Press Menu.
- The option Assign Press ## will always be available. It will be the only option if nothing is currently assigned to the press slot. Pressing this will take to you a list of your saved targets. If something is already assigned to the slot, it will ask for confirmation to overwrite.
- The option Move Press ## will allow you to move the key press to another slot. If something is already assigned to the slot you choose, it will ask for confirmation to overwrite.
- Remove Press ## will remove the key press.
The North Wind