[X3R] Question about plot ending

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

perceval
x3

[X3R] Question about plot ending

Post by perceval » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 14:57

I just finished the main plot yesterday and even though it's not as long as it could be I'm more satisfied with this one than I was with X2's, which was in my opinion, way too short. However, there's something I'm not sure about.
Spoiler
Show
After the great battle (which was soooo demanding on my rig, even though the game usually plays smooth as silk) there's a short dialog between Julian and Saya, after which I'm supposedly awaited for a ceremony. However, I'm just simply returned to my ship and no main character is to be found anywhere. No reception whatsoever, no game credits like there were at the end of X2's plot. Am I just supposed to go back to business?
So I was just wondering if I was the victim of some sort of ending bug, like there was before a certain patch, or if I need to go to a specific place, or is it just it. Thanks again for any reply! :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 15:41

Short answer: yes, go back to business ;-)
Spoiler
Show
There is no party, unfortunately.
Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 16:13

Just the cutscene above the planet from what I remember, although the argon people should look on you a lot more favourably now.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

perceval
x3

Post by perceval » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 16:54

They do indeed :wink: Anymore than that and they'll offer themselves to me as "human slippers" (to quote an old Family Guy episode) :lol:

perceval
x3

Post by perceval » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 19:07

I guess I'll turn to the Balagi missions now :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”