[MOD] Complex Cleaner v4.09 / Modular Complexes (TC 3.2 / AP 1.1)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 03:47

I just checked my complex and saw that my mines are producing far less than what they should (40% less ore and 44% less silicon wafers per hour).
Did I overlooked something or :?.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 04:15

angrysquirrel wrote:"complex cleaner v 326 installation / upgrade FAILURE
text objects: detected
station objects: not detected at index null."
You did not enable the mod, therefore the modded stations can not be found.

The CC command is under "Custom", along with the Nav or Combat commands.

pewpew wrote:I just checked my complex and saw that my mines are producing far less than what they should (40% less ore and 44% less silicon wafers per hour).
It's perfectly possible that this doesn't work right for TC, yet.
Mines are the trickiest factories to convert.

pewpew wrote:It's colliding with it's own factory (and the tubes) but only after you get out of the sector then in again.
Ahh! Now that's interesting.
The factory models have no model to collide with so this is more than a small miracle.
It should still be fixable...
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 06:02

Well it was working at first but if I crunch a second time or leave a sector without interconnecting with tubes my stations keep exploding. Guess I'll stick with fcc for now.

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 08:26

Hi Gazz is just I need!But It's look like a "BOX" may be not cool.I have a suggestion may be use terren's station as a complex moddel?And I guess these station's "ring" is expansion module to add different function area.

drakend

Post by drakend » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 09:32

I have the same problem of the exploding factories. Here is my savefile:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jrzyannztyz
(the game starts in the same sector where the complex is going boom after a few seconds.)

and I have these scripts installed:
[ external image ]

The factories collides each other: anyway it seems the problem is created when adding more factories after the first "merge", aka after running the crunch command two or more times.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 12:54

Gazz wrote:
angrysquirrel wrote:"complex cleaner v 326 installation / upgrade FAILURE
text objects: detected
station objects: not detected at index null."
You did not enable the mod, therefore the modded stations can not be found.

The CC command is under "Custom", along with the Nav or Combat commands.

Thanks for the info Gazz! It is now enabled. I added a hept with god mode and then went into "custom." I have my god mode cheats there but I don't see a menu for complex mover. Do I need to install a tractor beam instead? Any other software I need in addition to this? Thanks!

drakend

Post by drakend » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 14:46

Another thing I noted is that when I merge one or more solar power plants into a complex the icon of that station is shown on the screen when I turn away the view from the complex. There is no sign of that icon in the sector map tough: I thought to report it because it may be related to the collision problem.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 15:41

Gazz wrote:
pewpew wrote:I just checked my complex and saw that my mines are producing far less than what they should (40% less ore and 44% less silicon wafers per hour).
It's perfectly possible that this doesn't work right for TC, yet.
Mines are the trickiest factories to convert.
This isnt something that can be fixed after a complex has been crunched is it? So, I should revert to an earlier save now?

drakend

Post by drakend » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 17:21

morbideth wrote:This isnt something that can be fixed after a complex has been crunched is it? So, I should revert to an earlier save now?
It's the exact same thing I have to do... well too bad, I'll survive this little inconvenience! :)
I think a bug fix relase is needed before this wonderful mod will become usable in TC! :)

LarryBurstyn
x4

Exploding Factories

Post by LarryBurstyn » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 20:45

I built in Avarice. My HQ, Equipment Dock and Trading Station are located there. I built a HUGE complex using FCC and when Complex Cleaner came out I used it to crucnh more then 36 factories into the Module.

When I added more factories to the module it started exploding.

Now whenever I go into that secotr my complex blows up. I DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE SECTOR FOR THE MODULE TO BLOW UP.

BTW it included my mines into the original CC complex but the mines stopped producing and disappeared completely. LONG before the module started exploding.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 23:18

LarryBurstyn wrote:I DO NOT HAVE TO BE IN THE SECTOR FOR THE MODULE TO BLOW UP.
That's wild. With you not in the sector there should not be any collision detection for the simple reason that objects have no models when OOS.
Either another script or enemy ships are destroying your factories.

Version 3.27 released.

Compatibility fixes for TC:

Complex modules should no longer collide and blow up.

Corrected output for mine modules.
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

angrysquirrel
x3

Post by angrysquirrel » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 01:24

Hey Gazz!

What do you need equipped to run the complex cleaner? Do you need a tractor beam or a hept? My script is showing that it installed correctly but it is not showing up as a command in my custom menu. Only thing that is showing up is my god mode cheat commands.

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 02:11

Gazz wrote:Version 3.27 released.

Compatibility fixes for TC:

Complex modules should no longer collide and blow up.

Corrected output for mine modules.
This version seems to have fixed the exploding modules problem. I'll keep testing it for a bit, and let you know.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 02:45

Gazz, is the big box really needed? i like it aestetically, but it shows as an extra station everywhere.

I would like to either remove it or link it to the hub (without making it explode).

any of those possible?

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 03:02

With the latest version, I've noticed that after I crunch, my 3 L Silicon Mines have turned into one 10 module and one 2 module (rather than the expected 10 and 5). I'm guessing that this is because they're mines, and two of their yields were about 50, and the 3rd was about 25. Is this correct?

The two L Ore Mines have crunched into a single 10 module, and I think that they were both about 50 yield, so they should be working correctly. I didn't think ahead when I was about to crunch to actually test the speeds/outputs of each mine, to see if they've remained constant since the crunch...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 04:30

juanitierno wrote:Gazz, is the big box really needed? i like it aestetically, but it shows as an extra station everywhere.

I would like to either remove it or link it to the hub (without making it explode).

any of those possible?
Yes, it is needed. A complex that can not be destroyed in sector because it has no targetable factories is a no go.
It may have by far the most massive shields of any station in the game (hey, it's a borg cube!) but the complex is not indesctructible. Destroy the hull and all included factories depressurize and go boom.

If I write a cheat script, I'll mark it as such. The Complex Cleaner just completely modifies the X3 complex building but it doesn't cheat even one energy cell and it won't create indestructible stations.
It is your responsibility to keep "the cube" out of major traffic lanes because ships can and will crash into it.
It's just too tempting a target for the autopilot.

You can safely connect it to the hub as long as you don't add enough factories to cause the box to "grow".
And let's face it - the number of crunched factory modules stays pretty much the same. Reconnecting 10-12 modules is not nearly as bad as reconnecting 150 classic stations.
They are always in connection range so no need for any trickery like creating temporary hubs just to build a connectable chain.

wraith303 wrote:my 3 L Silicon Mines have turned into one 10 module and one 2 module (rather than the expected 10 and 5). I'm guessing that this is because they're mines, and two of their yields were about 50, and the 3rd was about 25. Is this correct?

I didn't think ahead when I was about to crunch to actually test the speeds/outputs of each mine, to see if they've remained constant since the crunch...
I guess?

Do add up the outputs / minute. =)

This version seems to have fixed the exploding modules problem. I'll keep testing it for a bit, and let you know.
Yeh, should work now.
Just one of the unexpected changed that came with TC.

Did you know that you can now drop cargo pods OOS? In reunion all freight dropped OOS would instantly vanish.
In TC it creates a proper cargo container.

juanitierno
xrvr

Post by juanitierno » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:20

Gazz:
You can safely connect it to the hub as long as you don't add enough factories to cause the box to "grow".
Any plans to change that so the box can be connected no matter how much it grows?

How do i know if my complex is about to grow? how many modules fit into a single cube?

drakend

Post by drakend » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:35

Hi Gazz! This bugfix release solved the previous problems but I'm having a new one: the entire game crashes! :lol:
In Ringo Moon I have a weapons production complex and this morning I converted the old "spaghetti" complex into the modular one and I added some factories one time and then I was trying to add an energy cells complex (with separate factories, already modularized of course) to this existing one. As soon as I try to connect the hub to one of the factories the game crashes!

Here there is the savefile:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ztyykngtmyn

The other scripts I've installed are the same of the screen in my previous post. I don't know if it depends from Complex Cleaner or from another factor, anyway if someone can try running the savefile and connecting the factory to the complex it would be nice! :lol:

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 12:16

drakend wrote:In Ringo Moon I have a weapons production complex and this morning I converted the old "spaghetti" complex into the modular one and I added some factories one time and then I was trying to add an energy cells complex (with separate factories, already modularized of course) to this existing one. As soon as I try to connect the hub to one of the factories the game crashes!
Hmm. I can connect modules, leave the sector, come back and connect more modules... leave and come back again...

Are you trying to connect a hub to a hub or something like that?
Just adding more "free" factory modules to a hub seems to work fine.

drakend

Post by drakend » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 12:26

No no nothing like that... I just started adding factories to make energy cells to the existing complex. If I try adding one of these factories the game crashes. I tried destroying the hub and recreating it but it's the same. I don't understand what's the deal... :lol:

EDIT
I tried creating another complex in another sector: I put two solar power plant xl and I gave the command "crunch"... it answers saying there is no crunchable station in the sector. I don't think this is normal...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”