Split Panther weapons loadout - Any tips? X3 TC

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VolKoV47

Split Panther weapons loadout - Any tips? X3 TC

Post by VolKoV47 » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:00

I just bought me a shiny Split Panther and I'm wondering what would be the best loadout for it. I'll use it mainly for boarding parties and capital ships attack. And, as a secondary role, fighter defense. Also, wich ships should buy for my hangar bay? Chimeras or Mambas? (It has to be Split, I'm a Split fanatic)

I have 6 turrets slots on the front, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, 4 in the back, 4 up and 4 down. I can put the following lasers on it:
[ external image ]

Any suggestions are very welcome. :)

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:04

I roll with ISRs Front/Top/Back, FAAs Left/Right/Back.

FAAs nail the manoeuvrable fighters, ISRs give good crossover between front and top or bottom turrets for M6 and above ownage. Swap out for PBEs if you want to do some boarding.... you'ld need to get close, but you want to do that anyway with boarding (be aware how big the Panther is though).

IBLs would be better than ISRs, Phased Array Laser Cannons dont seem to exist in game, but their stats rock.
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Aetius
x3tc

Post by Aetius » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:07

PALCs do exist (sometimes they appear in certain limited crates) but they don't seem to drop, so you either get some or you don't. Even the ones you do get ain't going to arm that Panther.

delray
x3tc

Post by delray » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:16

Mixing ISR and FAA in rear turret is a bad idea.

They have very different ranges. All turrets start shooting at once though. So you will be shooting your FAA together with ISR despite target being outside of FAA range. Waste of energy. Never mix weapons that have very different range in turrets.

VolKoV47

Post by VolKoV47 » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:16

IBLs would be better than ISRs, Phased Array Laser Cannons dont seem to exist in game, but their stats rock.
I was thinking of mounting FBL and IBL on the front, but then again, wouldn't that just screw my boarding parties?

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 09:07

i was lucky enough to pick up 2 PALC's from a destroyed Q in X101, got one in each side turret paired with a FAA...

you do realise you can use groups on individual turrets to switch gun combinations on and off right ? ive got it set to either fire both PALC and FAA at the same time or i switch to group 2 in the turrets to fire just the PALC...

PALC's start firing from about 6k's out but their damage seems to fall off at range and they dont become fearsome untill the target is within 2km... which is FAA range anyways, theyre good for missile defense and swatting m5's at range though not much use against anything bigger than that though, unless its used én massé...

zyriel
x4

Post by zyriel » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 11:01

The Great Stonk wrote:i was lucky enough to pick up 2 PALC's from a destroyed Q in X101, got one in each side turret paired with a FAA...

you do realise you can use groups on individual turrets to switch gun combinations on and off right ? ive got it set to either fire both PALC and FAA at the same time or i switch to group 2 in the turrets to fire just the PALC...

PALC's start firing from about 6k's out but their damage seems to fall off at range and they dont become fearsome untill the target is within 2km... which is FAA range anyways, theyre good for missile defense and swatting m5's at range though not much use against anything bigger than that though, unless its used én massé...
you may have found the PALC in that sector but they definately didnt came from Q
coz there are only 4 ships that can carry those - 3x split ships and one Yaki (in X3TC at least - not 100% sure about XTM)

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 19:28

I used 6xIBL up front, a flak in each other turret and then either HEPTs (in the L/R turrets) or PACs (T/B turrets). Finally two flaks and a couple of CIGs in the rear, but that knackered my weapon energy so I switched to PRGs and flaks.

M

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Split Panther weapons loadout - Any tips? X3 TC

Post by Nanook » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 19:32

VolKoV47 wrote:I just bought me a shiny Split Panther and I'm wondering what would be the best loadout for it. I'll use it mainly for boarding parties and capital ships attack.....
What do you mean by using it for boarding parties? You are aware that the Panther is an M7, not an M7M, and therefore can't launch either boarding pods or marines, right? Just asking. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 19:37

What do you mean by using it for boarding parties?
It means that the M7 is where he'll hold the celebrations for those that made it back.

I can just see it now - a Panther with a big "Welcome home - our BRAVE HEROES" banner hung between the spokey things at the front...

M

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 06:34

Phased Array Laser Cannons dont seem to exist in game
Spoiler
Show
2 Lasers exists in Kah'hak space, right next to one of the stations in there sector.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 07:08

Nanook wrote:
VolKoV47 wrote:I just bought me a shiny Split Panther and I'm wondering what would be the best loadout for it. I'll use it mainly for boarding parties and capital ships attack.....
What do you mean by using it for boarding parties? You are aware that the Panther is an M7, not an M7M, and therefore can't launch either boarding pods or marines, right? Just asking. :)
I am curious...

Yes Panter can't use Boarding Pod but can have Marine on Board (for protection)

But i am not sure if we cannot lunch Marine attack from Panter. I don't see why.

Anyone can clarify this?

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 07:22

only tp and m6 class vessels can launch marines in space suits. m7m can use boarding pods. also, no, the only way for them to get fighting skill in vanilla is to board ships. tl ships are perfect for that.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 07:39

well, my m6 can only store 5 Marine... TP only 10..

Well, if i want to board the Cobra, i need to bring the TP? lol... it will be killed lol.... hemm..

well, this make Capturing more Fun.. until i get the Cobra at least...

OTAS Employee
x3tc

Post by OTAS Employee » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 08:46

I boarded a cobra from my springblossom (an M6) with no trouble at all.
I only had one loss.
'Er, excuse me,' said Ford, following after him, 'which government owns this Brigantine?'
Marvin ignored him.
'Which government...' started Ford Prefect again.
'No government owns it,' snapped the robot, 'it's been stolen.'
'Stolen?'
'Stolen?' mimicked Marvin.
'By who?' asked Ford.
'Squiddy McSquid.'

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 08:59

ryeeson wrote: Well, if i want to board the Cobra, i need to bring the TP? lol... it will be killed lol.... hemm..
You could bring the M6. Even if you DID bring the TP, don't forget that M7Ms don't usually have much in the way of guns, so you'll probably be OK anyway.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Wed, 18. Feb 09, 05:32

Well,

Thanks.. i manage to capture i using my vidar.. but two of my marine die... :(

Aura_Seeker

Post by Aura_Seeker » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 05:34

Who needs guns? All you have to do is slam into your enemy at a really high speed and blow their sasafrassi'n ___ into the 2nd demension! :lol:

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 08:44

VolKoV47 wrote:I just bought me a shiny Split Panther and I'm wondering what would be the best loadout for it. I'll use it mainly for boarding parties and capital ships attack. And, as a secondary role, fighter defense. Also, wich ships should buy for my hangar bay? Chimeras or Mambas? (It has to be Split, I'm a Split fanatic)

I have 6 turrets slots on the front, 2 on the left, 2 on the right, 4 in the back, 4 up and 4 down. I can put the following lasers on it:

Any suggestions are very welcome. :)
Being friendly with Yaki is a big help Then roll with IBL front left and right and FAA everywhere else - I never realised how powerful the IBL was until forced to confront a J in the Treasure hunt mission - It stripped its shields in something around 7 or 8 seconds and took almost no return fire

On fighter attacks you just rotate until you've got your top or bottom FAA facing - And you've got 32 fighter bays if you get into trouble.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 13:31

Aura_Seeker wrote:Who needs guns? All you have to do is slam into your enemy at a really high speed and blow their sasafrassi'n ___ into the 2nd demension! :lol:
Was it really worth resurrecting a five-month-old thread just for that?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”