X3 Reunion..Want to change ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

slinky1

X3 Reunion..Want to change ships

Post by slinky1 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 02:14

Just got the game..Wow................er

Have read a lot of threads and think i have found out,at the begining of the quick start game you have two ships.Mercury freighter and a buster fighter.I have read it would be best to dock the mercury somewhwere safe and then use the buster to do the first mission.Idont know how to switch ships.Do i need to dock first with a shipyard before i get an option to change ships,then go through the first gate.Do not want to loose my freighter.I want to be able to find it...... :?

Little
x3

Post by Little » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 02:26

hey man,

nah its pretty easy, you can do it the boring way and dock both ships at any station, and then go to the station panel, laded ships, then click on your other one that should appear and hit change ships.

Orrrr you could do it the fun way which is park your ships next to each other, hit shift E and fly across to the other ship in your spacesuit. you have to target it then hit I and enter ship when you're close enough.

Frostynso

Post by Frostynso » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 07:24

You can always press "r" to bring up the property screen if you lose track of a ship. If it's still alive, it will be there.

slinky1

Post by slinky1 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 17:23

Thanks,but when i start the first mission,in quick start game,do i get the choice of which ship..Mercury or buster?

Mopy
x3

Post by Mopy » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 17:27

When you start any mission, you'll either automatically use the ship you're currently flying, or as with a lot of plot missions, they'll place you in someone elses.

And welcome to X ;)
Sig

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 20:45

Yeah,

If you have only just come to the X series of games,your in for a long ride and a lot of fun.

Welcome.

We are all here to help each other,so don't be afraid to ask even the simplest question.

Yes,read the threads.You'll be amazed at some of the antics we get up to to solve missions or other problems we meet along the way.

Map the universe as you explore or download one or more of the maps from the forum.

When you are ready to own your own stations,download the Complex Calculator.The author did an expert job on that !

But I won't divolge too much. Just explore and enjoy.

slinky1

Post by slinky1 » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:21

Thanks so much to all of you out there.I have never experienced such a deep and intense game.The options and opportunities are mind blowing.I'm sure i will need a lot of advise as i get further in to the x universe.

One question,Can i eject from my current ship when I'm docked? The reason is i thought if it was docked it would be safer for me to leave it,than just have it floating unattended before i transfer by space suit to my other ship.

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:34

One question,Can i eject from my current ship when I'm docked? The reason is i thought if it was docked it would be safer for me to leave it,than just have it floating unattended before i transfer by space suit to my other ship.
There are 3 ways to transfer from one ship to another. The first method requires both ships to be docked at the same station. The second two methods require both ships to be in space. There is no way to transfer from a docked ship to a ship in space.

1) If both ships are docked at the same station then you can switch from one to another using the menus available when docked.

2) if both ships are in space you can get out of one and spacewalk from one to the other.

3) if both ships are in space, are within 5 KM of each other and your current ship has a transporter device installed (available from all good goner temples) then you can beam yourself directly to the other ship without needing to spacewalk over.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 14:48

slinky1 wrote:Thanks so much to all of you out there.I have never experienced such a deep and intense game.The options and opportunities are mind blowing.I'm sure i will need a lot of advise as i get further in to the x universe.

You can't eject while you're at the station, but thanks to automated ship computers, you can eject from a ship while in space, then target it, hit C to open its command console, then go to Navigation > Dock At, select the sector and station you want it to dock at. It'll fly there all on its own.

Foonchacha

Post by Foonchacha » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:09

How do you dock two ships? I have been trying to figure this one out and cant come up with a solution. Any help would be appreciated.

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:33

Target the other ship, press C (or press i and select command console) and give it the order "dock at ..."

M

Foonchacha

Post by Foonchacha » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:36

One last thing- I cannot change ships at a station? I am not seeing an option to do so anywhere. Just feel like I am missing something. Is ejection the only way to change ships until you get the transporter?

Challenge
x4

Post by Challenge » Fri, 15. May 09, 19:39

Open the property screen (R)
highlight the ship you aren't in,
Hit "C" (command console)
Hit "1" (navigation)
Hit "2" (Dock at... )

At this point you get the galaxy map,

hit "enter"
scroll down to station of choice
hit "enter"

You get a message letting you know it worked.

Faster method only when the ship is in space:

Hit period to open the sector map
Highlight ship hit C to open the command console and the 1, 2 and the station.[/b]

Edit Oops, wrong question....

Move along the menu to Personal -- select; If both ships are docked you have a Change Ships option on the far right. Selecting that gives a list of all your ships at the station.
"I know you think you understand what you think I said,
but I'm not sure you understand that what I said wasn't what I meant."

Unknown, brother of Anon.

zach_phat

Post by zach_phat » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:05

so, im a new player.....obviously

I played through the beginning a couple times because....well it doesn't really matter, but I think I am getting a hang of how the universe is set up.

These forums are extremely helpful and t seems that with more complicated games you get more substantive help and polite interaction.

After not being able to complete the second terran story mission because I had sold my scout ship that was given to me I decided to start over again (hopefully for the last time).

I've gotten to the point where I'm sitting in the shipyard around mars and the terran police (or defenders or what ever they are) have given me the scout ship (which apparently when upgraded can go near 400m/sec)....just what I want.

PROBLEM: I can't figure out how to switch over to the other ship

I read all the posts here and saved the webpage because I know I will need it later when I start building wings and whatnot.

Some people have said I can go to the personal menu where there is an option to change ships (on the far right). I can't find any option in the personal menu where it gives me the ability to change ships. I can select my ship, I know how to sell it and I have plenty of options for giving orders, but I just want to get in it so I can upgrade it and move ahead in the story line.

under "my property" it says I own the ship. I am docked at the shipyard where the rapier is. The menu says I have 2 "landed ships"I should be able to do this right? Is this some idiosyncrasy with this ship in this mission? I've undocked and redocked just to see if I was at the right station.

I played freelancer through a couple times and am really excited to get into this, but this is rather frustrating.

Please, if there is anything I am missing, let me know. I AM in the middle of a mission. Can I not change ships mid-mission? It's probably something as simple as that.

cj-spartacus
x3ap

Post by cj-spartacus » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 22:27

To transfer to a new ship there are several different things you can do.

1. Easiest way is to dock at the same station as the target ship. On the station menu select landed ships and choose the target ship. Then choose advanced and change ship.

2. You can transfer in space by ejecting from your current ship by pressing shift+e and then flying to the target ship and in the menu for it choose enter ship.

3. The expensive method is to purchase a transporter device then you can transport yourself to another ship from the comfort of your cockpit without too much fiddling about. The transporter device costs about 56k credits so it will be something you might want to invest in later.

Hope this has helped
"Sticking feathers up your butt doesn't make you a chicken." - Tyler Durden

andrewas
x3tc

Post by andrewas » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 23:51

zach_phat wrote: After not being able to complete the second terran story mission because I had sold my scout ship that was given to me I decided to start over again (hopefully for the last time).
You don't need that scout ship for anything. I sell it every time I do the terran plot, since it has no equipment and the Sabre isn't that slow.
Some people have said I can go to the personal menu where there is an option to change ships (on the far right). I can't find any option in the personal menu where it gives me the ability to change ships. I can select my ship, I know how to sell it and I have plenty of options for giving orders, but I just want to get in it so I can upgrade it and move ahead in the story line.

under "my property" it says I own the ship. I am docked at the shipyard where the rapier is. The menu says I have 2 "landed ships"I should be able to do this right? Is this some idiosyncrasy with this ship in this mission? I've undocked and redocked just to see if I was at the right station.
Go into the landed ships menu, select the Rapier from there, and hit 'x'. Explore the rest of that submenu since it also holds the freight exchange functions which you will need in order to move some equipment from your Sabre to the Rapier.
I played freelancer through a couple times and am really excited to get into this, but this is rather frustrating.

Please, if there is anything I am missing, let me know. I AM in the middle of a mission. Can I not change ships mid-mission? It's probably something as simple as that.
Missions are much less important than you seem to feel. This is a sandbox game with some optional mission chains, you could jump into either of your ships and just fly away and do your own thing, the mission will wait for you.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”