Passenger liners?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

maestro4202
x3

Passenger liners?

Post by maestro4202 » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 02:10

Says passenger liners on the box I'm assuming their referring to the argon express type of ship? Its too bad you cant transport passengers as a commodity (not counting slaves or BBS missions).

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 03:25

You can ferry passengers....it's just that some missions are a little bugged.
You can get these missions in most Trading docks...mainly the Home sector of each race.
The Passenger liners are TP class ships.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

thrangar
x4

Re: Passenger liners?

Post by thrangar » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 05:51

maestro4202 wrote:Says passenger liners on the box I'm assuming their referring to the argon express type of ship? Its too bad you cant transport passengers as a commodity (not counting slaves or BBS missions).
Yes its sad, all they really are is a glorified TS

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 31. Jan 04, 09:08

Moved to Spoiler forum :headbang:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

maestro4202
x3

Post by maestro4202 » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 06:01

doh again! sorry...

Anways, Id also like to add that big huge space cruise liners and such would be a nice touch even if they were only for show. And I wont say it would be cool to operate them as a business because thatd be redundant! :wink:

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 06:06

Oh no way! Running a space cruise line, with stops in the more "beautified" sectors, and planets like PhobassIV for the killer surfing would be EXCELLENT!

They could make the passenger liners look like the ones from the Fifth Element!

Oh how sweet that would be!

"...On your left you can see the gentle birth of new stars inside the glowing nebula, isn't it amazing folks how you're now flying above the cradle of creation? And on your right you can see an incoming flight of Bayamon... AAARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!" :twisted:

maestro4202
x3

Post by maestro4202 » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 06:18

Yes that one cruising along on/over Mars/Venus or whatnot in 5th element was exactly the image I had in mind :P

Acidic
x2

Post by Acidic » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 06:25

It was flying over Jupiter I think, that space-cruiser would have been a perfect template, instead we got 5 remakes of the Argon Express. Imaginative.
Acidic
Novas caught - 216
Rank - UNCC Captain Of The Forces
Title - Former UNCC Fleet Admiral [Retired]

maestro4202
x3

Post by maestro4202 » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 06:38

Yes I must say seeing the same hulls/cockpits with a few additions was kinda dissapointing. I suppose we'll have to wait for the x-pansion pack eh?

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Sun, 1. Feb 04, 21:41

I'd be hyperventilating if Egosoft released the previewed "LEGO-like" ship designer.

Orgasms of ecstasy would rip through me at the mere thought of being able to design my own ship exteriors, and have the price go up as you modify the internals.

THAT would be the ultimate addon methinks. Penny pinching trade moguls would design the most cost effective ships, Bounty Hunters would design the MOST powerful ships, given their cash rating, etc.

NEED! :lol:

porco1
x2

Customisables

Post by porco1 » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 12:54

Agreed on that .. even the simple things. What if we could pull into a mechanised robotic fact ... and choose from a range of engine customisation ... like a fusion turbo drive , that could push 50 ms more per energy cell ... and engine component polish ... and tip tronic gear shift .. and ... you then needed to get licences ... ahh, opps .. thought i was in the gran tourismo section ...

But individual ship customisations would be nice ...
PORCO1@ PORCOTECH

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 17:03

Acidic wrote:It was flying over Jupiter I think, that space-cruiser would have been a perfect template, instead we got 5 remakes of the Argon Express. Imaginative.
"Planet Flosten in the Angel constellation." -- The 5Th Element

Jimmy Jazz
x3

Re: Customisables

Post by Jimmy Jazz » Mon, 2. Feb 04, 17:30

porco1 wrote:Agreed on that .. even the simple things. What if we could pull into a mechanised robotic fact ... and choose from a range of engine customisation ... like a fusion turbo drive , that could push 50 ms more per energy cell ... and engine component polish ... and tip tronic gear shift .. and ... you then needed to get licences ... ahh, opps .. thought i was in the gran tourismo section ...

But individual ship customisations would be nice ...
I want 'racing stripes' on the fuselage of my ship

AgentX
x2

Post by AgentX » Tue, 3. Feb 04, 14:59

And a Hows My Driving sticker.[/quote]

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”