JCC: Carrier Production 1.01
http://www.4shared.com/file/71708182/2e ... ds101.html
To install, use Cycrow's Plugin Manager.
This is the script for those who want to be indepedent from other races. Now you can produce your own ships (with all its upgrades) inside your carriers.
You can customize your carrier layout, so you can focus on better missile generation or in better ship production or a mix of those.
I believe its very interesting, adds flavor to the game...
How it works?
- Start the command "JCC:Carrier Production" under additional commands in your carrier ship.
- Your carrier (and in the future, TLs and other capital ships) gained a new piracy command for its configuration, there you have the following options:
* Layout settings: for you to be able to produce a ship you must add it to a library first, you have to choose one of your ships and after that you can add/remove upgrades for your ship (based on the modules installed)
* Module settings: You can create new modules, set the credits/resources ratio (you can go from only using resources to build ships/upgrades to only needing to use credits, player-customizable), from this menu you can add modules and remove.
* Carrier settings: from this you can set your carrier as default and pass orders such as call it or send all (with all ships docking)
- Fighter module:
-EC Module (not yet implemented)
-Marine Module (not yet implemented)
-Station Module (not yet implemented)
What are modules?
Modules are a way for you to specialize your ship, each capital ship have a fixed number of slots which the player can choose to spend with modules so he can customize his ship to produce what he wants.
For instance, Argon Colossus have 11 slots so a normal loadout Colossus to produce fully equipped M3 fighters would be:
3 fighter modules (to build up to M3 fighter)
3 shield modules (to produce up to 25 mw shield)
3 laser module (to produce up to HEPT laser)
2 missile module
A few notes (its too late in the night now, another time I get this better sorted)
- The carrier will allways replace ships lost in combat using the default layout set on layout settings
- ships will be equipped according to the layout defined by the player with software upgrades
-you can set your carrier as default and then invoke it by using hotkeys (currently: Call ship and Send away)
- Currently all missiles can be built, the more modules the more of them can be built.
- not all lasers are included on this release...
- ammo module is working (choose a type of ammo and a quantity)
- items are built 1 by 1...
- Energy cell module not working currently
- The more modules the faster you build things and more options are available (up to 5 modules for shield/laser/missile)
- Slots are dependent on ship size, as rule, the more freight and the more dock bays the more slots are available for modules. A Colossus currently have 11 slots while the Griffon have 4 slots (remember, the griffon is a m7).
- Module cost and time to build (currently its free)
- Station building
- More carrier commands (need more input)
- Corvette production? TS/TP Production?
Steps to produce a single ship for the first time:
- run the command from aditional commands
- go to module and add at least one of fighter, laser and shield module (the more modules of these the best items can be produced)
- select a m5 ship owned by you (m5 because there is only one fighter module)
- go to layout settings and add that ship
- add a laser to that ship (shields are automatically added to layouts)
- go to modules settings and set the ratio to 100% (will only use credits, good for testing)
- after this, your fighters will be automatically produced and equipped...
You can add more fighter modules to build better fighters, to change the default fighter, go to layout settings/Set Default ship to build
1.00 - Initial Release
1.01 - Bug fix
Hi, Im working on a new project, my original idea was to bring the Griffon back from xtm, converting and updating the scripts (and adding my contribution to the set), but that wasnt allowed by the XTM developers. So Im working on a new idea to make carriers more self-suficient.
Im taking a inspiration from the tv-series "Galactica". Where a carrier must be supplied with raw mineral for its production to work instead of building ships from credits.
Now, Im adding production line funcionality to carrier, which works in the same lines as the HQ. So far these are the features:
- You can add any of your ship to a list of layouts so your carrier can replenish his fighter force.
- The ship type is chosen from any player owned fighter, that way you can´t create ships you dont have.
- You can specify loadout for those ships, you can say that a buster need 3 PACs and my script will equip the buster when those PACs are available at the Carrier.
- Dont worry about specifying shields, the better ones will be added to the layout when you add a ship.
- Wares can be produced by the carrier as well (lasers, shields, etc)
- Construction resources are the same as from the HQ: EC, Ore, Teladianium, Silicon Wafers, etc (theres a report for that).
- Upgrades will be installed in docked ships (software, engine/cargo, shields, lasers (according to layout)
- Custom menu for a quick access to ship functions (I love this TC feature, very helpfull).
- Wherever a ship is destroyed a new one is placed in Queue for production as long as the player set a default layout.
- Credits are only used on equipping ships with software, everything else is credits-free...
- Hotkeys to:
a) Call your carrier to your current position and order fighters to attack all enemies
b) Send your carrier away (after all fighters are docked)
Questions which I could use some help:
- Resources: Which % from the ones used by the HQ you think its ok for the carrier to use? 75%? 50%? 100%?
- Time: I guess 15min for a "Nova" (Im using this ship as a benchmark, cheaper ships will take less time, expensive ships will take longer) its a good time.
- Which type of ships could use this ware production plugin? TLs could be allowed to produce wares? mini-Carriers (docking<10) too? Note that cargo bay size limits what can be produced.
- Ware production: limit ware to wares the player have in any of his ships or allow any ware to be mass produced? I guess the first option is better.
- Hotkeys: which hotkey you want?
With this script you will require a new logistic to replenish your carriers, I can help with that creating a ware delivery command for TS ships, if you need one.
- More Commands for carriers
- Get fighters into wings
- Carrier behavior (aggressive,defensive, passive, etc)
I guess by this week I have a working release.