EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[TC] Terran Campaign : Walkthrough
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
pjknibbs

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 2. May 11, 07:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

dirkpitt45 wrote:
I have to say I was immensely enjoying x3tc until I decided to start this campaign... I've spent all weekend trying to plant the bug on the elephant and escape in that dumb caiman tanker.

Why didn't you put a jumpdrive in the tanker? Allows for a 10-second escape from immediate trouble!

Hubert99

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 11. May 11, 12:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's not that bad. I actually sent the mission six freighter to the closest family equipment dock, it was a simple Caiman, I maxed it's engines, put some software, bought Turbo Boost MK1, transfered some Mosquitos from another ship, activated Missile Defence Mosquito, ordered it to jump back to Family Zyarth, and only than I did enter it. The mission carried on, and I boosted away towards the nearest gate at a whopping speed of 333 m/s. All the time Pearle waited in my Nova Raiders cargobay, and the Nova being landed on my Boa.

This game rewards thinking. Bugs only show up because so many things can change ... all the more reason to think. It's hard to get by in a sandbox. Wink

Hubert99

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 11. May 11, 12:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mas99 wrote:
Hey,
I must admit, I thought that the first campaign would be a tutorial and introduce concepts and info rather than drop me into it.
Reminds me of elite. (God I'm old)

The only thing they needed was to make the game put up a big red: READ THE MANUAL and THE COMMUNITY FORUMS ! text as it begins.

Otherwise you might waste precious invested gametime.

SenReality92

PostPosted: Tue, 17. May 11, 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Heh I restarted the missions, got back into the game after awhile - after doing the stupid mission to save some ATF undercover guy, went back to heretics end, orbital defence station - it said mission complete when I docked but, I just cant find mark jackson anymore, he's not on the comms list in the station, I have no missions, I cant find him lmao so ... dont really know what to do. I saved in prep to do the mission, so I cant return to an earlier save before this mission; thus I have no idea what to do.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Wed, 18. May 11, 00:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You simply need to wait a while. Eventually, you'll get a call, but it can take a while. Meanwhile, go about whatever other business interests you. They'll undoubtedly interrupt you right in the middle of you doing something important/dangerous/profitable. Mr. Green

Badbone34

PostPosted: Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

i have a problem or bug i believe.. i am on mission 5 i believe it is. and i did everthing at military sector m 148 or whatever it is and i picked up the suits and took them to heretics end and it now says i dont have them and i cant continue at all... how do i fix this issue

Gold Dragon

PostPosted: Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Did you have Cargo Life Support installed? Often a mistake...

Badbone34

PostPosted: Sat, 9. Jul 11, 21:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

yes i made sure i have life support system and plenty of room and jumpdrive... way points all said head to heretics end and that i picked up suits.. so is there a way to pick them up again or do i need a restart

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 9. Jul 11, 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@ Badbone34: What ship were you flying when you picked up the suits? Did you ever see the characters shown in the manifest as being aboard your ship after picking them up? If it was a TP for any reason, the plots and missions sometimes don't recognise built-in CLS as opposed to bought ones.

If you have left or lost them, they could either be at a station back in M148, or more likely flying in suits along the slow route to Heretics' End.

grendelrt

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I just started the game and picked terran defender since I read it was a good easy starting point. I did the first training mission and the first patrol mission. I picked up the Rapier, am I better off selling it and upgrading the starter ship, the opposite or keep both?

heratik

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Don't rush into selling either and upgrading yet, do a couple more plot missions and see what comes...... Smile

grendelrt

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Jul 11, 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

heratik wrote:
Don't rush into selling either and upgrading yet, do a couple more plot missions and see what comes...... Smile

Ahhh that sounds good =) Unrelated question, I read on a couple faqs to start the terran defender campaign if you are noob like me. But everywhere I look people are starting as humble merchant then choosing a campaign later. Am I better off doing what I am doing or starting humble merchant? Also if you start terran defender am I stuck only using certain ships?

heratik

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Jul 11, 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

grendelrt wrote:
heratik wrote:

Ahhh that sounds good =) Unrelated question, I read on a couple faqs to start the terran defender campaign if you are noob like me. But everywhere I look people are starting as humble merchant then choosing a campaign later. Am I better off doing what I am doing or starting humble merchant? Also if you start terran defender am I stuck only using certain ships?

The only difference between the two is that in Humble merchant you are started over the other side of the universe map with a different starting set of ships, you can still access all the same plots and ships etc in the end...

You are doing well as you are, the Terran start is good for first timers because it kicks you of into the Terran plot straight away and as you are reailsing there are essential goodies up for grabs that will help you get your feet....

grendelrt

PostPosted: Tue, 12. Jul 11, 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Cool thanks!

bolnuevo

PostPosted: Mon, 7. Nov 11, 13:17    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

how do you get into venus without being blasted

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next