[MOD] Improved Combat Frame Rate

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Madw0lf
x3

Post by Madw0lf » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 15:25

Pandaman wrote:
dragonblue14 wrote:
Pandaman wrote:How do I install this, and how to uninstall when I don't want it?
Woohoo old topic bump. Anyways,
Download the Plugin manager lite and install the SPK file or download the .rar file and extract to the xt3 folder and rename it to your next highest number .cat/.dat
If you installed it by SPK remove it using the pluginmanager
If you installed it by RAR/fake patch look in your xtc directory and delete the .cat and .dat files you put in.
Just a little note for others who use this in the future: this mod removes the rocks that are produced after blowing up an asteroid.
Thank you. But I don't think it work in my game, the FPS is still low as ever.
Do you have an onboard soundcard? If so try disabling the acceleration like the origional post now says. Makes the sound a lil screwy but really helps the fps. :)

Pandaman

Post by Pandaman » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 16:25

Madw0lf wrote:
Pandaman wrote:
dragonblue14 wrote:
Pandaman wrote:How do I install this, and how to uninstall when I don't want it?
Download the Plugin manager lite and install the SPK file or download the .rar file and extract to the xt3 folder and rename it to your next highest number .cat/.dat
If you installed it by RAR/fake patch look in your xtc directory and delete the .cat and .dat files you put in.
Just a little note for others who use this in the future: this mod removes the rocks that are produced after blowing up an asteroid.
Thank you. But I don't think it work in my game, the FPS is still low as ever.
Do you have an onboard soundcard? If so try disabling the acceleration like the origional post now says. Makes the sound a lil screwy but really helps the fps. :)
I use Creative Sound Blaster card (forgot which model) and Vista. In dxdiag and under sound tab there is no acceleration.

taukarrie
x3tc

Post by taukarrie » Tue, 13. Jul 10, 01:24

Grax,

i know it be be a bit of a pain but would you consider listing here all of the individual visual changes this script makes?

im always looking to improve my FPS while maintaining the prettiness. and i have a feeling that some of the visual changes this script makes might not become known without really paying attention over a few battles.

i guess i just have a few favorite combat visuals that id like to avoid getting rid of :)

thanks

Yayord Fukker

Post by Yayord Fukker » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 01:04

dragonblue14 wrote:
Having some problems installing/uninstalling this too:

I used Plugin Manager Lite 1.30 (Rc1) to install this as an .spk on a TC version patched up to date (3.1?) with Bonuspack installed.

The Plugin Manager now claims (in the bottom left corner) that I have 4 plugins enabled but only Lowpolyroids, removerocks and SSwamps performance patch are actually showing, not improved combat framerate.

Instead, I found a "better framerate.cat/.dat" in my Mod-folder ...

:? :? :?

Now, is it installed or not? Will I have to run this as a mod or ... I thought the point of spks is not having to select them when starting the game because additional .cats/.dats are being set up?

Also, how would I deinstall it? I am having 14 .cat/.dat files as of now.
(How many are patched vanilla normally?)

Thanks for any help

Yaylord

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Thu, 3. Feb 11, 03:00

As of X3:TC 3.0, there are 12 vanilla cat/dat files.

Yayord Fukker

Post by Yayord Fukker » Fri, 4. Feb 11, 14:44

HotSake wrote:As of X3:TC 3.0, there are 12 vanilla cat/dat files.
Thanks Sake.

So I guess 13.cat/dat and 14.cat/dat are the fakepatches SSwamps performance and lowpolyroids.

This would lead me to the conclusion that even the spk-version of
improved combat frames is not installed unless I manually launch it
via the mod-folder when starting the game ... ?

Dragon King
x3tc

Post by Dragon King » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 23:17

Yayord Fukker wrote:
HotSake wrote:As of X3:TC 3.0, there are 12 vanilla cat/dat files.
This would lead me to the conclusion that even the spk-version of
improved combat frames is not installed unless I manually launch it
via the mod-folder when starting the game ... ?
I just read this post, and this response is for Yayord, if you are still checking this post, and for anyone else reading this for the first time. I also used plugin manager lite, but I use vers. 1.20. It showed up in the mod folder for me also. I selected it as the mod to run from game startup, since I don't have any other mods installed, just scripts and plugins. It worked fine for me. You should be able to run it as a fake patch to get it to work with at least some other mods. Hope this helps.

P.S. Thank you for the great work Graxster! Not just this, but your other great stuff as well.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”