UT/ST Script Issue

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nafensoriel
x4

UT/ST Script Issue

Post by Nafensoriel » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 17:05

My universal traders have all decided to go on strike! Aside from the fact that I supply them with endless amounts of booze and weed as performance enhancers there is seriously some FUU going on here and I would greatly appreciate any help you good folks can offer.

While my game is heavily modified I have made absolutely zero changes to the stock scripts beyond installing MARS, sto, Mbrr, and burnit's scripts. Currently my own personal changes are just model, texture, and T files since my scripting abilities would make you laugh yourself to death.

I checked the debug logs for one of the malfunctioning sector traders and saw no script calls for any other script(though it was a great deal of information I might have missed something). Currently when you select "start sector trader" you will see:
Cmd: Buy ware for best price..
Action: None

In the STs that work a ware type pops up like it's supposed to. Can anyone think of a reason some UTs function and some get stuck like this? I have intentionally set up ideal trade situations in the sector with the same result. In case it was some kind of script bug I even went to the extreme of replacing all Trader Mk 3 software scripts with a vanilla install to zero effect. Some traders work.. some get stuck.

//edit
Something new to add.. I can't get rid of the experienced pilot. Ejecting the pilot, transferring the software, reassigning the pilot all fail to move the pilot.
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

Novia Star
x3

Post by Novia Star » Tue, 22. Feb 11, 19:27

I also have a quite moded game and run into the same problem with ST/UT. I haven't been playing X3 in a few months( Having a 2year old and life stuff) But Last time I was doing a lot of X-ing. There was some talk of Enemy ships in sectors far away from center point and most view (I.e Kahaak Clusters). Some combat mods Like to spawn them way out there I THINK Also there was talk that hostiles in sectors stoped the traders from trading in thoes sectors. Again I think it was somthing to do with scripts that made traders stay away form conflict zones.

Now this was months agow so Im not up to date on curent stuff. But I never got the issue resolved my self! Part of the reson I went to other games to eat my time. That and got into other old games. But any way...

Hope you can accually find the real issue. I would love to know my self...
My Digital life is causing gliches !n My r3@L L!f3

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”