X3 ModManager 0.0.8 - updated 3/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 23:02

There isn't really a limit to how many you can pack at a time (I mean, sure it only packs one file at a time but you can simply select the files and pull them into the mod manager window and then all the files are packed into the mod one after the other.)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 23:28

oh.. i just use the "add" button, select a few files and press "open" and then i get a window where i have to enter the path of the file and then i have to press "ok", and then the file(s) are added to the catalog.. ill have to try that drag'n drop thing.. :o

is it possible to drag'n drop folders..? (so the files get packed inside the propper paths..?)

EDIT: i tried to drag files onto the opened modmanager window but i just get a sign wich means i cant place it there.. :o

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 16. Aug 09, 23:59

Usage of ModManager ... merging.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 00:23

Yes you can drag and drop into modmanager.

Just make sure where you drop, doesnt have a file underneath or it assumes your trying to add something to the file, not the cat. Expanded to full screen and dropping into a blank area of screen works for me.

Select no directory name, as the drag brings the directory structure with it.

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 17. Aug 09, 02:02

thanks guys,

i kno now why i couldnt drag and drop items, im using vista and the manager was installed in the program files map, and i think vista doesnt allow programs to change stuff in that map, so i cut/paste it into the users map and now it works..

thanks again..

Winter Dragon
x3tc

txt files in dds folder, no pck?

Post by Winter Dragon » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:05

I installed X3:TC, applied the 1.01 to 2.1 patch and then used X3 Mod Manager 0.0.8 to unpack 01.dat (well, it uses .cat doesn't it)

Point is, I watched it list /dds/*.pck files being unpacked to the 'dds' folder of the folder I specified. I made a new folder called "unpacked", separate from my TC install folder.

Anyway, I go to this unpacked folder, go to the 'dds' folder and find 2,461 text files, .TXT - not .PCK. In fact there isn't a single .PCK in the unpacked folder, and I unpacked all eight dat files using mod manager.

So, where are my PCK files?
Last edited by Winter Dragon on Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:14, edited 2 times in total.

jlehtone
x4

Re: txt files in dds folder, no pck?

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:12

Winter Dragon wrote:I installed X3:TC, applied the 1.01 to 2.1 patch and then used X3 Mod Manager 0.0.8 to unpack 01.dat (well, it uses .cat doesn't it)

Point is, I watched it list /dds/*.pck files being unpacked to the 'dds' folder of the folder I specified. I made a new folder called "unpacked", separate from my TC install folder.

Anyway, I go to this unpacked folder, go to the 'dds' folder and find 2,461 text files, .TXT - not .PCK. In fact there isn't a single .PCK in the unpacked folder, and I unpacked all eight dat files using mod manager.

So, where are my PCK files?
This looks like ModManager usage question, so I will merge.

I'd guess that the MM follows simple rules on unpack&rename. AFAIK, the compressed files do not contain the original filename, and thus MM has to use some extension. But not all files use the same format (there are text XML, MD XML, script XML, CSV-like ASCII, and so forth).

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:19

Oh right, thankyou for merging my post to a more suitable place.

I did use the extra search feature - which I swear is broken.

'forum1' > X3 TC scripts and modding
'forum2' > english
'terms' > dds (also tried texture, and textures)

"your search query did not match any criteria, please try again." Whatever.
Last edited by Winter Dragon on Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:29, edited 2 times in total.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:22

At a guess, I'd say you havent set the unpacking parameters properly in modmanager. It has settings for both TC and X3R, and unpacking TC files using the R settings doesnt work.

Winter Dragon
x3tc

Post by Winter Dragon » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 12:42

Indeed. Here's what I forgot to do:

dds files in dds folder (X3TC)

Under settings > File Handling > Extracting, there's an area with "pbd -> bod". Click the new button on the right side, and down the bottom are two fields separated by a "to:". Type "pck" in the left one and "dds" in the right one, then 'update'.

Now I've got dds files in the dds folder. Ta.

FreeMayk

Post by FreeMayk » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 03:37

I try to merge two modes and get popular message 'X3 ModManager has encountered a problem and needs to close.' ...
BtW i try to merge PSCO1's Cockpits 1.15c and BSG Ships 1.8.
Anyone try to merge this two modes and be succes in that?

All Best

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 04:10

Just try again. You shouldnt have any problems merging them, however, I think you will need to edit the cockpit tships and append the bsg ships on the end for it to merge successfully.

The mods themselves wont be causing a crash of modmanager.

FreeMayk

Post by FreeMayk » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 06:05

apricotslice wrote:Just try again. You shouldnt have any problems merging them, however, I think you will need to edit the cockpit tships and append the bsg ships on the end for it to merge successfully.

The mods themselves wont be causing a crash of modmanager.
ok tnx, but how to edit cockpit tships? Do u have some info about that?
Why u not add in ur APRICOT MERGE MOD, PSCO1's Cockpits? :) Not like that view? :D

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 06:14

I dont use cockpits myself, and its a contentious issue. Also, it makes updating for a new patch a major problem. And there are at least 2 more patches coming.

For tships, use notepad. Edit the cockpit file. Edit the bsg file. Cut the bsg ships from the bsg file, and paste to the bottom of the cockpit file. Then update the counter at the top with the new number of total ships. (existing plus the number of bsg ships). Save.

Use X3Editor to check that it worked.

FreeMayk

Post by FreeMayk » Tue, 8. Sep 09, 06:31

apricotslice wrote:I dont use cockpits myself, and its a contentious issue. Also, it makes updating for a new patch a major problem. And there are at least 2 more patches coming.

For tships, use notepad. Edit the cockpit file. Edit the bsg file. Cut the bsg ships from the bsg file, and paste to the bottom of the cockpit file. Then update the counter at the top with the new number of total ships. (existing plus the number of bsg ships). Save.

Use X3Editor to check that it worked.
Tnx but i will try ur merge mode 2.03. Maybe i like it? :)
I like cockpits for space combat. For X3 is big - `cos not have.
One question. Is exist a mod of real damage of the ship after the loss of the shield, but before the explosion?

pepperg
x3tc

Post by pepperg » Sun, 13. Sep 09, 08:23

cannot install x3modmanager successfully:

unable to install x3modmanager correctly--- "error downloading msvcr and zlib1 Runtime from x2e_runtime: resolving hostname

you may try to download the file manually"

x3modmanager won't start up: "file not found: x3mmext.dll" but i see the x3mmext.dll fle in the mxmodmanager folder, in between x2fd.dll and the x3modmanager html help file

ps- i did install "C runtime and zlib1 library installation"

how do i choose the game version (x3:tc i'm guessing) in the settings dialgoue? or maybe i can't bc x3mm won't start.

any advice?
SeagateBarracuda320GB 7200 SATA
LIANLI PC-7B plus II MidTower
EVGA GeForce8800GTX 768MB
Intel Core2Duo E6600Conroe 2.4GHz
CORSAIR 2GB DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
WDRaptor 150GB 10,000 RPM
EVGAnforce SLI 680imobo

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Mon, 14. Sep 09, 09:52

pepperg wrote:cannot install x3modmanager successfully:

unable to install x3modmanager correctly--- "error downloading msvcr and zlib1 Runtime from x2e_runtime: resolving hostname

you may try to download the file manually"

x3modmanager won't start up: "file not found: x3mmext.dll" but i see the x3mmext.dll fle in the mxmodmanager folder, in between x2fd.dll and the x3modmanager html help file

ps- i did install "C runtime and zlib1 library installation"

how do i choose the game version (x3:tc i'm guessing) in the settings dialgoue? or maybe i can't bc x3mm won't start.

any advice?
You should install the C runtime either to the same directory where you've installed X3MM or to the SYSTEM directory.

Anyway, if you have X3 Editor 2 and you update to latest version via Internet, you don't need the ModManager anymore as there is the Cat Manager plugin which can do the same the ModManager can.

DrwHem
x4

Post by DrwHem » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 04:18

i cant find the link for C runtime and zlib1 library installation

doubleshadow
x3

Post by doubleshadow » Wed, 23. Sep 09, 08:00

DrwHem wrote:i cant find the link for C runtime and zlib1 library installation
They are on top of the very same page as the ModManager: http://x3mm.doubleshadow.wz.cz/download

FSL

Post by FSL » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 14:39

Is it running on windows 7 ? VB6 seems to be a problem. For me is not working....

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”