[ALP] Upgrade Kits (JDK) 1.5 TC 9/12/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Scripting / Modding Moderators, Moderators for English X Forum

Rate this plugin

5/5
34%
4/5
5%
3/5
2%
2/5
No votes
1/5
2%
I Love LV
57%

Total votes: 156

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

[ALP] Upgrade Kits (JDK) 1.5 TC 9/12/08

Post by LV » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 22:02

Upgrade Kits (Formerly Jumpdrive Kits)

TC {EMP} - Extended Mod Pack Needed

Name : AL Plugin Upgrade Kits

Description : Plugin which allows Upgrade kits to be bought that will install as a Upgrade on your ships
Version : 1.5 TC
Date : 9/12/08
Author : LV

ptb_ptb wrote:Could LV / Another moderator put the following link and information in the first post to save confusion for later users?
DrBullwinkle wrote:This version of Upgrade Kits uses a ware from an older version of EMP.

The Plugin Manager includes the current EMP, so there is no need for a separate EMP installation.

I updated it for current versions of TC and AP:

Upgrade Kits for TC/AP

You can adjust the packages to your liking by modifying plugin.deliver.jd.getlists.

1.5 Install Instructions

How to turn the plugin on and off

[ external image ] download unpacked verson

[ external image ]

cycrow installer version

TC {EMP}

Detailed description:

On loading the plugin a Goner Upgrade Kit Amnesty Forge will be built in Getsu Fune. The fab will build Upgrade Kits which can be converted into various upgrades. If the station is destroyed it will re-build itself.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Each kit costs 10,724cr and the charge for installing is 94k making it just a touch higher priced than the normal Upgrade as it also installs 1 unit of Nav Software also.

When a ship is carrying UDK's the command "Install Upgrade" will be available on that ship and when chosen it will install a Upgrade.

Both the New UDK fab in Getsu Fune and the Terracorp HQ in Home Of Light will offer UDK's also.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

There is a very small chance there will be damage to the ship on installing a kit

The UDK Fab in GF will also display how many kits are available or how long until the next cycle is complete via the sector map.

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

New additions for TC

The station now will create UGK's if any of it's wares are available as long as there are enough to cover the 10k price.
Just drop any of the lasers or Space Weed, Space Fuel, Spaceflies or Slaves and they will be converted or released in the name of peace.

1.5 Addition
Mission Offers : Complete missions to lower the surcharge of goods, if you get your surcharge down to 0% more option will be available.

Failing any mission will reset the surcharge to 15%

As the Goners do not believe in weapons of mass destruction any sold as a secondary resource will allow the fab to produce JDK's

New Features with V1.3 mean any ship with a UGK will show these option when using the command.

Install Upgrade
For 1 UGK and 104k A jumpdrive will be installed
Install Basic Extensions
For 1 UGK and the cost of the wares +15% surcharge a small upgrade kit will be installed (see pic below)
Install Tunings
Install the max rudder and engine tunings your ship can take
Install full upgrade pack
Install most upgrades that you can get for 1 UGK
Install Trade Pack
Installs Trade Software Mk1+2 and some other trade related software for 1 UGK
Install UT Upgrade
For 5 UGK's a Mk3 Extension will be added to the ship

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

If your ship is upgraded you will only get this option

Using AL Plugins

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Install:

Just extract the zip file to your main X3 directory or if your not a mac user get cycrow's plugin manager to install

Using AL Plugins

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Uninstall: Set the plugin to off in your AL menu and leave it for a good while. once the commands have gone you should be

fine to delete.

(language files)

8822-L044.xml

CUSTOM Command 1312 "Install Upgrade"

EMP Mod Pack Ware
207;11313 10724cr
Last edited by LV on Sat, 10. Nov 12, 17:13, edited 9 times in total.
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 22:42

edit:
LV fixed his post, they are no longer 10m per jdk!
Disregard entirely this post.

Original post:
10m per jdk! Holy crap...

Side note, why getsu fune? Why not the goner sector? >.>

edit!

No spk for emp makes me a sad panda. guess this will wait a bit then.
Last edited by Lancefighter on Sun, 9. Nov 08, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 22:50

10k is only the kit price, when u install it you will be charged the whole price.

LV:
Can you please build a station on the other side of the universe again, too? Like it was in CBSW maybe?
As Humble Merchant I wont be able to get to Getsu Fune for a very long time... :(
Or will the Terracorp HQ stock them without someone supplying any resources?

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 22:58

I have no idea on how many new sectors there are or the best place to vanilla start sector station, i've used GF as i did before and also Terracorp but i'm open to suggestions

Just as i did in x3TR they will not be openly for sale everywhere so don't ask for spoon feeding.

One of the idea's behind JDK's is you can send an M5 to get the kits, my plugins have always been as well balanced (better than ego's if you ask me ;) apart from my old cheat pack which cycrow now excels at.)

feel free to offer suggestions but don't take the ..............
LV's TC Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 23:02

Well, in Reunion you built your factory in both Getsu Fune AND Cloudbase southwest....
For ppl starting in the Argon space its a really long and dangerous way down to Getsu Fune; but if Terracorp stocks some kits, too, its not that big problem.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 00:34

Disregard this one too!
Last edited by Lancefighter on Sun, 9. Nov 08, 06:49, edited 1 time in total.

x3

Post by 46852 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 07:36

Lancefighter wrote:10m per jdk! Holy crap...
I'm guessing LV meant 10k purchase price and 94k install price, making it total 104k, right?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 09:38

Just so i know, what's the point? We already have jumpdrives
Rawr.

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 09:49

Khaak_Slayer wrote:Just so i know, what's the point? We already have jumpdrives
AFAIK you can buy only one jumpdrive per ship but you can buy lots of kits per ship so you send a TS to stock some JDKs and then send the TS to a shipyard/HQ ready to supply your shiny new ships with jumpdrives.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 09:55

Yeah i literally just realised this, i came back to edit my post. This will be extremely handy! I have had the problem of the only one per ship thing for a long time.
Rawr.

firewolf2k8

Post by firewolf2k8 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 11:09

I installed this and the EMP spk's and the station did spawn where it was supposed too, however it just says "Next kits available in 3 mizuras". I used SETA for about 10 minutes and nothing changed. No kits appeared in the station. Also under products it does not even mention them.

Do i have to do something else with the EMP to make it work.

Thanks for any help.

Edit: After a very long SETA it says now in the sector map 15360 jump kits available, however when i dock i cant buy any since none are listed by the products.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:00

Ok i've refined the code on the JDK station in Getsu Fune so it will produce a couple every 20 mins if none are stocked.

Just turn the plugin off until the station is gone and turn back on, the new station will run as above

AFTER INSTALLING THE UPGRADED SCRIPTS !

and yes 10k not 10million ;)

LV's Terran Conflict Script Index Look at my AL plugin tutorial if you dont know how to turn em on/off
LV's TC Scripts

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:51

Argh didn't notice the "I love LV" option! I HAVE FAILED!
By the way: "badapappapaah, I'm loving it"

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 21:54

Minor question; would it be possible to change it to automatically update on the manager like cycrow's do? >.<

JFJohnny5
x4

Post by JFJohnny5 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 23:27

Do the factories still buy obscene quantities of Nividium as in X3R? I always wanted to play it a bit more straight, but the millions and millions of cash was always too tempting for me to pass up...

Fistantantilis
x3tc

Post by Fistantantilis » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 03:33

10k is not 10m, but the top post still reads "Each kit costs 10724k ..."

LV waves his hand across Fistantantilis's face...
Fistantantilis wrote: the top post states The kits are 10724cr"

TinkerBell
x3tc

Post by TinkerBell » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 13:36

I installed the EMP and the Jumpdrive Kits as SPK. The station spawned in GF and it's telling me there are 4 kits available. I docked a ship at the facility but there are no products listed (resources are fine though).

I switched the script off in AL and waited until the factory had gone and then switched it back on. The same thing happened - no products listed.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 19:23

I've installed the script and docked at Terracorp HQ in Home of Light, but all I can see is a blank item at the top of the list (no name or anything just blank) for 28cr

I have the EMP installed.
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 22:25

make sure your running it as a mod see the emp thread

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:55

Oh yes sorry :oops:

Thought it would be loaded as a fake patch..
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”