X3 TC Mobile Mining laser help please

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

bluesteel1

X3 TC Mobile Mining laser help please

Post by bluesteel1 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:19

Ok so i put my my mobile mining laser on my mercury.It doesn't show up in my laser slot down on the bottom left no matter what group i add it to.Am i missing something?I have the collector and scanner and ready to go,but it wont shoot?!?!?

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:27

Okay, first off, you don't need a Mobile Drilling System to mine. You only need that big mofo to break up the largest rocks in the game. But you should really be saving those for future mining stations. You really just need an IRE mounted on the back of your Mercury. One really awesome change EgoSoft made for X3TC is that you can pulverize rocks to the point to where there are no non-collectable asteroids left, making for safe and easy pickup.

As far as your problem goes, though, have you ever mounted a weapon before? If so, and you're sure you actually bought the weapon by looking in your Freight menu, then there might be a bug.

bluesteel1

Post by bluesteel1 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 00:49

i press G,equip it,assign it to group 1.But it doesn't show up as equipped in the laser part on the bottom left.Does not fire.Does not mine :(

I was thinking I'm missing something simple,as I've always traded.Never shot a laser before.Would I need an add on?Like Fighting Mk or something?

No never mounted a laser before they're usually on the ship i buy anyway.Also have an IRE that wont equip either.

The Wolf
x3tc

Post by The Wolf » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 08:51

Are you sure that your ship is capable of equipping a mobile drill? I don't own terran conflict yet, but the mercury from the previous titles couldn't, so my guess is things haven't changed in that regard. For mobile drilling, look at the Demeter, Caiman, and Vulture for ships that can mount the mobile drill. If the ships are a direct carryover from X3 reunion, and you plan on mobile mining yourself, check out the Caiman Miner. It was the only TS IIRC with front mount hardpoints for mobile drills in X3:R. The rest were all rear turret mount only. That may have changed though so check before you buy. :)
ncc386 wrote:One really awesome change EgoSoft made for X3TC is that you can pulverize rocks to the point to where there are no non-collectable asteroids left, making for safe and easy pickup.
How is that different when compared to X3:R?

One thing I missed from X2 was its simplicity of mining. Instead of: destroy asteroid->destroy non mineable rock->pick up mineable rock, you just blew apart the asteroid and picked up the chunks. X3 may have made it more realistic, but I found that it made it a bit more tedious by adding that extra step. Plus it added to collisions if you accidentally tried to pick up a non mineable rock.

bluesteel1

Post by bluesteel1 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 10:11

Ok so i worked it out on my own,I just needed to press F1 to see my rear view.That way the laser showed up and would fire.

You guys are no help lol

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”