[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Sun, 19. Sep 10, 06:00

I suggest you open it up in a seperate browser like google chrome or firefox

jameshaverman
x3tc

Post by jameshaverman » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 14:45

Doesn't work in IE, Firefox or Opera. He must have changed his site around.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 16:18

right... okay the site does seem to be down :headbang:

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Thu, 23. Sep 10, 16:53

Requiemfang wrote:right... okay the site does seem to be down :headbang:

I don't think that -dusty- would have something against, so I decided to host the FCC in the meanwhile:

Factory Complex Constructor 4.02 Plus

I only had the Plus-Version of the FCC, I don't have the light one. All credits go to -Dusty- of course, I did no changes.

Best regards
Saetan

narhiril
x3tc

Post by narhiril » Fri, 24. Sep 10, 05:37

Saetan wrote:
Requiemfang wrote:right... okay the site does seem to be down :headbang:

I don't think that -dusty- would have something against, so I decided to host the FCC in the meanwhile:

Factory Complex Constructor 4.02 Plus

I only had the Plus-Version of the FCC, I don't have the light one. All credits go to -Dusty- of course, I did no changes.

Best regards
Saetan
Thanks mate, that link worked.
Anna Marie

CEO of Miron Corporation, Kingdom End

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Thu, 30. Sep 10, 17:26

Rrail

Post by Rrail » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 20:45

Maybe I am not figuring it out, but I read the PDF and couldn't figure it out:

I understand how to place stations and everything. However, I was hoping this mod would speed up the process dramatically of building large complexes. It doesn't really seem to enable that so much as it enables building perfectly symmetrical complexes. Is there another mod that does this, or am I just missing this feature? The huge solar complex on the first page of the PDF also seems like it would be impossible using the -1, 0, 1 system.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Tue, 5. Oct 10, 18:53

Rrail wrote:Maybe I am not figuring it out, but I read the PDF and couldn't figure it out:

I understand how to place stations and everything. However, I was hoping this mod would speed up the process dramatically of building large complexes. It doesn't really seem to enable that so much as it enables building perfectly symmetrical complexes. Is there another mod that does this, or am I just missing this feature? The huge solar complex on the first page of the PDF also seems like it would be impossible using the -1, 0, 1 system.

The purpose of the FCC isn't to speed up complex building - basically it offers functions to build complexes which look good. It does speed up the placement of stations a bit (by bypassing the building animation, or OOS station placement), but it still requires the player to do most of the work.

If you are looking for something that actually automates a large part of complex building, you should try the Complex Cleaner by Gazz.

The complex in the manual actually was built with the FCC... it took a really long time however :D

And now for something completely different:

The part in the manual about building stations is quite misleading - What was I thinking when I wrote that?
Anyway, regardless of what the manual says, it is not necessary to select the initial station as reference when building additional stations. Any player-owned factory can be used as reference.
I have updated the manual, the revised parts should now be a bit less confusing.
The updated manual can be downloaded here.

Simoom
x4

Post by Simoom » Tue, 7. Dec 10, 02:42

Hmm, I have the latest version of FCC but it takes it FOREVER to cycle through factories in a complex (I have a sector with 250+ factories and it literally takes about 10 minutes for the FCC to cycle from one factory to the next)

I actually find your script superior in that the "Last Factory" hotkey targets the factory nearest to the player instead of just cycling through alphabetically. May be the author of FCC can consider implementing your script? I like it a lot better (and your script seems to lock onto factories a lot quicker)

Deeparth
x4

Post by Deeparth » Wed, 8. Dec 10, 06:36

Is the reunion version included in the zip file?

taskforce3

Post by taskforce3 » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 01:52

I don't if the author still support this mod, but there is a little bug that is slightly annoying... as shown in this picture..

The station that is on top is misaligned a tad to the right on the X axis. I have tried to use both a reference point and a non connected station to build the station but that problem still exist.

[ external image ]

Ghost_virus139

Help with FCC on 3.0 steam version?

Post by Ghost_virus139 » Thu, 23. Dec 10, 16:08

I used this mod millions of times before (factory complexe constructor), but this month, i installed X3TC from steam, and no matter what i do, the mod keeps telling me i don't have a tractor beam, even though i know i do have one in my freight bay.

I used the cheats menu (cycrow's) to build a TL Mammoth and equipped it with a tractor beam, but every time i try and use the controls it buggers out.

Also, i seem to remember only being able to unfix a structure when i was in the sector map, now it is the opposite.

Any thoughts people?

BLACKANDY

Post by BLACKANDY » Fri, 24. Dec 10, 05:50

is Factory Complex Constructor work on XTC?

Commander Kat
x3

Post by Commander Kat » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 01:37

ANYONE able to tell an easy way to uninstall this and the compliance update pack,

i want the tubeless complexs mod and i don't think they work together so if anyone knows how this is ment to be uninstalled right plz let me know.

thanks.

kat.
Q9550 2.83Ghz @ 3.4Ghz - 1600Mhz FSB
4GB corsair domi P2-8500/1066 DHX + Domi Fan
XFX6970 2GB 5500/880 + LG-Flattron W2453TQ

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 01:41

Commander Kat wrote:i want the tubeless complexs mod and i don't think they work together so if anyone knows how this is ment to be uninstalled right plz let me know.
Why shoudn't they work together? They do, so there's no need to uninstall.

Tubless complex mods only replace the tube models with empty (=tubeless) models.

If you want uninstall information anyway:
The uninstall procedere of the FCC is described inside the manual file (pdf) which is delivered inside the downloadable archive.

The uninstall procedere of the compliance update is described in the posting, where you can download it.

Commander Kat
x3

Post by Commander Kat » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 06:32

ok well i'd like it if they both work as they should...

Fcc is fine but the tubeless complexs won't seem to work for some reason, i've tryed renaming the files and installing it as a mod in the mod folder... No joy my complexs still have tubes :?
Q9550 2.83Ghz @ 3.4Ghz - 1600Mhz FSB
4GB corsair domi P2-8500/1066 DHX + Domi Fan
XFX6970 2GB 5500/880 + LG-Flattron W2453TQ

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 11:14

There is no real reason why a script like FCC and a mod like tubless tubes should conflict each other. Also I use FCC too with my own tubless tubes mod and it always worked fine.

Seems to be a problem in installing the tubes or with the tubes itself. So I think it's best to ask in the thread of the tubes.

Requiemfang
x4

Post by Requiemfang » Mon, 10. Jan 11, 11:17

Mod folder might be the problem... try using it has a fake patch

Flybye
x3tc

Post by Flybye » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 05:40

Hi all. Does FCC work with 3.0?

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Wed, 16. Feb 11, 11:39

Flybye wrote:Hi all. Does FCC work with 3.0?
Yes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”