[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 06:53

dusty, there is a small bug with the naming script.

Code: Select all

in plugin.set.name

086   if $Counter.Stations.B > 23
087    $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B - 24
088   else
089    $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B
090   end

breaks for values greater then 2*24
change to
089   $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B mod 24
to fix.

amcb10
x3tc

FCC Help Needed

Post by amcb10 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 22:49

I recently installed the Factory Construction mod in a hope to better factory placement but I am now stuck. I first placed a complex construction kit and then a wheat farm and selected the construction kit for the farm placement.

When I then look at the map I have 2 seperate stations, how do I connect these stations, I thought this mod did that for you.

Any help or walk through would be appreciated.

Thanks

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 09:47

You must use the drop station command for complex construction kit and mines.
If you want to place your hub precisely use the build station and connect it to your station with another kit using the drop station command.

Bel-O-Kan
x3tc

Post by Bel-O-Kan » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 01:45

Great :)
But how can I delete the FCC reference point after use :?:

Thanks

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 22:36

This is going to sound picky but anyone know offhand how many meters long one section of complex tube is? Laying stations was the one good use of the ecliptic projector in x3r.

bumpinthenight
x3tc

Post by bumpinthenight » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 09:47

I just wanted to give a big thanks for this package, it truly resolves all the annoyances that went into creating large complexes and even just placing individual ones with great precision!

I humbly present my first attempt, a quad-core XL-SPP Loop in Gunn's Crusade:

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 15:20

ciao -Dusty- ,

i made the italian translation of the xml text file of the LIGHT version, and i am at work on the PLUS version.
As soon i have finished the PLUS version i will informe you.

LIGHT Italian xml file

For your information, on the italian section of this forum i have a tread of all my italian translated script files. If you want, you can have a look if you agree how i did it. (as you are mentioned there as Owner of the script).

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 40#2623140

ciao

slothicus
x3tc

Post by slothicus » Sat, 22. Nov 08, 23:22

A Huge Thank You for FCC!!!

bumpinthenight: very nice!

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 02:20

Thought I'd give this a shot, since building complexes is such a pain. Installed and assigned all the hotkeys. Got in my Mammoth, put in a tractor beam, used FCC Build Station, built a station, targeted said station, pressed my hotkey for "unfix station" (or whatever the command is).... nothing happens. Can't use any rotate/move station hotkeys. Triple-checked to make sure I was using the correct hotkey, re-read the .pdf, all to no avail. The station refuses to move.

-Grax

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 12:03

I had this happen to me also ; did you make sure the hotkey you chose does not conflict with another shortcut ?

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 13:42

Graxster wrote:Thought I'd give this a shot, since building complexes is such a pain. Installed and assigned all the hotkeys. Got in my Mammoth, put in a tractor beam, used FCC Build Station, built a station, targeted said station, pressed my hotkey for "unfix station" (or whatever the command is).... nothing happens. Can't use any rotate/move station hotkeys. Triple-checked to make sure I was using the correct hotkey, re-read the .pdf, all to no avail. The station refuses to move.

-Grax
I dont know if its in the manual but you need to be looking at the sector map to fix/unfix a station.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 17:13

morbideth wrote:I dont know if its in the manual but you need to be looking at the sector map to fix/unfix a station.
I don't recall seeing that in the manual. Anyway, moot point now... I got frustrated and wrote my own scripts to move/rotate/etc stations. The up-side is there's no safeties, so I don't have to have a tractor beam or "un-fix" anything. I can even move jump gates, asteroids, and NPC fabs, lol.

The best thing that we'll probably never see in the X-Universe would be "red laser lights" that shoot out of the connection points when you're placing a factory. That, and Egosoft making the factories have uniform connection points, instead of each factory being different (ie: some have 3, like a Mine or SPP, each offset by 33 degrees, others like a Cahoona Bakery have 2 which are at upward angles, etc... Not built for making nice complexes).

-Grax

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 17:47

I fix/unfix all the time without looking at the sector map. It sometimes takes several seconds but it always seems to work. Your problem could be a script conflict of some kind.

I highly recommend TCM Tubeless_Complex_Mod for use with this script. Pretty complexes ruined by ridiculous pipe pathing is no fun at all. It was made for X3:R but I've had it running for several days in TC with no issues.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 19:43

Agreed, I installed the TCM Tubeless as soon as I was ready to build my first complex. No issues, since TC uses the same file names as R for the connection tubes. Gives a huge FPS boost not having those.

-G

anneking

Post by anneking » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 13:53

Brilliant script. This and the ‘scan asteroids script’ has made incorporating roids into my complexes an absolute joy. The only scripts I ever needed. Many thanks.

On the performance issue in sector when building complexes, to state the obvious, or maybe it isn’t cos I’ve only just sussed it =>

either fly into open space or look away into empty open space, do not look at the complex.

For me anyway, it was simply rendering all the detail onscreen that was the main problem with slowdown in sector. I now simply stack the fabs vertically in columns 2km apart, all the tubes connect in nice clean drops one fab to the next. Don’t need to look any longer as I place the fabs. Slowdown problem fixed.

kayfess
x3tc

Post by kayfess » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 19:37

Somebody, please, give that man a medal. For the next X game ... Connector designation ("red lasers") would be cool, but so would having the option to stick the factory infront of your ship and let you place-by-flight...
I dream of an X game where the voice acting doesn't sound like someone who was in the middle of having sex when a relative ran up and asked them to read some foreign words into a microphone.

Oh, and not chugging in the middle of fights would be cool too.

ChrisCorr
x3tc

Post by ChrisCorr » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 21:59

I used this and when I put down a station aligned with another (-1,0,0) the station was placed and is working fine in the complex but it doesn't... render, it's invisible.

:s

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:35

i love this mod for building new complexes but like another user who posted before me i cant move or rotate existing stations who are connected even if i have a tractor beam in the ship im in and the builder and yes i tryed to unfix stuff , i downloaded the Plus edition and i binded my keys like in the manual and no keys goes into conflict in script bindings so im kind of lost why is does nt work hehe

edit: typoes
Last edited by Forsaker on Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:38, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisCorr
x3tc

Post by ChrisCorr » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:36

I have that problem too. Can't move or rotate any stations, fixed or unfixed, in a complex or not.

Forsaker
x3tc

Post by Forsaker » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:31

seems like i cant rotate or move existing station either , it looks like my unfix function dont work because whenever i press the rotate station Z- (to create a reference point) it creates ones every time even after i pressed my unfix key so i guess i got another script that enters in conflict or something but i rechecked again my key config and nothing enter in conflict i even tryed to put another key to unfix but it does nt work ...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”