[SCRIPT] Auto explore v1.2 + Deploy Satellite Network replacement v1.1 [2009-07-19]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tkdb17
x4

Post by tkdb17 » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 02:49

Sorry for the necro of sorts but does anyone buy chance has the ability to upload these somewhere as i would also like to get my hands on them very much.

cheers

TK

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Tue, 12. Jul 11, 14:34

Just slapped the SPKs on mediafire.

Auto Explore SPK
Deploy Satellite Network SPK

Maybe a mod can add them to the OP.
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

tkdb17
x4

Post by tkdb17 » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 00:12

You sir are a god!

:D :D :D :D

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 13. Jul 11, 00:27

Thanks creidiki.

TheCoolSideofthePillow

Post by TheCoolSideofthePillow » Sat, 10. Sep 11, 22:50

Does this mod have any incompatibilities?

I'm running it, but whenever I tell a ship to auto-explore, they will fly around their current sector for a bit, then come back and tell me "unknown command!" and I don't know why. :cry:

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Tue, 27. Sep 11, 21:45

Hi there!

First of all I want to thank ThisIsHarsh for the wonderful work. THANK YOU!! :)

I have a question though: May I alter your files in order to add another function? I would like to have your permission to do so.

Certainly, it would be even better if you could help me on this problem :D. The work is halfway done, but I got stuck. :evil:

Bye

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 28. Sep 11, 03:09

Nicoman35 wrote:Hi there!

I have a question though: May I alter your files in order to add another function? I would like to have your permission to do so.

Certainly, it would be even better if you could help me on this problem :D. The work is halfway done, but I got stuck. :evil:

Bye
I have no problem with anyone taking my scripts in whole or in part and doing what they like with them (preferably with due credit). If you need any help or advice I am more than happy to help.

The "Deploy Satellite Network" replacement command, however, I have updated (actually updated several months ago, but never finished fully testing). The version I have been working on gives an option to deploy single satellites at a given position (as currently), or to deploy multiple satellites intelligently, with placement depending on sector size. I hope to release this as a separate plugin in the near future.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Wed, 28. Sep 11, 04:34

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Nicoman35 wrote:Hi there!

Bye
I have no problem with anyone taking my scripts in whole or in part and doing what they like with them (preferably with due credit). If you need any help or advice I am more than happy to help.

The "Deploy Satellite Network" replacement command, however, I have updated (actually updated several months ago, but never finished fully testing). The version I have been working on gives an option to deploy single satellites at a given position (as currently), or to deploy multiple satellites intelligently, with placement depending on sector size. I hope to release this as a separate plugin in the near future.
Looking forward to this. If you need someone to test it, send me a PM.

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Wed, 28. Sep 11, 08:47

Ok, this is exactly what I had in mind! :D

In my version, you should be able to input more than one set of coordinates. Then a satelite should be deployed at each position, regardless if the sector is known or already has one or more satelites inside.

Only condition: in a radius of 3 km around the desired position should be no other satelite.

Altered files so far:

scripts
plugin.expx.sat.cmd.pre.xml
plugin.expx.sat.cmd.xml
plugin.expx.sat.deploy.xml

t
7100-L044.xml

I have uploaded a version here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=19XPHNIT

I must excuse the many *s in the files, but it is still under construction and I just begun scripting five days ago.

Problem: A ship deployes the sats on the desired positions, but then it will not fly to another sector. And I really don't know why.

Just give it a try. The menu list is fully done already.

Cheers

--------------------------------------

Short update:

Obviously, the ship now flys into other sectors and does it's job :D .
Here is an updated Version. Still in construction, deleted out those anoying comments.

Would you like to give it a try?

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=T9VG6D4U

Bye

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 01:34

Ok Guys,

after a lot of work here is my "beta" release of my Version of the Explorer Command Extension.
The main code is still untouched.

Changes:
One or more positions within a sector can be listed. On each position, an advanced satellite will be deployed

Option section
It is possible to deploy satellites regardless if the respective sector already has satellites within.

You all are welcome to test it and to tell me if you find any issues.

The download link:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RFWER3C3

@ ThisIsHarsh
If you have time please take a look at my altered files. Especially these three files:

plugin.expx.sat.cmd.pre.xml
plugin.expx.sat.find.sector.xml
plugin.expx.sat.deploy.xml

On account of my poor scripting skills they are not very elegant. Could you tune them up a bit? And maybe look out for bugs?

Cheers

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Thu, 29. Sep 11, 20:40

2fast4U, added another feature:

A Whitelist. By selecting sektors, only these will be outfitted with satellites.
I still need feedback on bugs

Here the newest Version:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KIJLNOAG

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 18:47

when I am using ThisIsHarsh's script for some reason it is not displaying your text in the explorer command window, I am guess because these files are not there for some reason(I checked my game folder) I did not use plugin manager to install your script so that might be the issue maybe? I could probably make the files my self but not sure the Syntex, any idea why they are not there?

The functions in the window works fine thought so just a cosmetic thing.

ps I am using x-tended mod as well so.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 19:47

Nicoman35 wrote:2fast4U, added another feature:

A Whitelist. By selecting sektors, only these will be outfitted with satellites.

Here the newest Version:

Will the ship jump out if being attacked?

Nicoman35
x3tc

Post by Nicoman35 » Fri, 2. Dec 11, 19:33

joelR wrote:
Nicoman35 wrote:2fast4U, added another feature:

Here the newest Version:

Will the ship jump out if being attacked?
Uh, I don't think so. At least as far as I am overviewing ThisIsHarsh's skript. He is the one who made this. I only changed details.

Oh, by the way, I have reworked the deploy network command completely by now. The first part, the auto explore, remains untouched as it was before.

I have uploaded the latest version here:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=A4QFPID1

In my version, both parts are unified. Features and installation inside the archive.

Keep in mind, that I don't have fully tested it yet. Would be glad for some feedback!

ps.
by the way, I think implementing an emergentcy jump on being attacked is quite easy. If I have time and I am not too lazy, I will try to manage this next week.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Mon, 12. Dec 11, 23:20

TheCoolSideofthePillow wrote:Does this mod have any incompatibilities?

I'm running it, but whenever I tell a ship to auto-explore, they will fly around their current sector for a bit, then come back and tell me "unknown command!" and I don't know why. :cry:
I seem to be having this issue as well, I was using x tended mod it would do this but would stop eventually, now on a clean install i am using XRM mod with this one and it is doing still but alot worse. any ideas?

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 16. Dec 11, 12:49

I have the same issue. Sometimes it flies to the next unexplored sector, though.

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 17. Dec 11, 09:42

Well first off I noticed that my exploreers without a mineral scanner did not have any issues.

then after having to mod XRM to do something I learned that there is a issue with this mod and another mod. Unfortunately how to fix it I have no idea.

It would seem that if you have Jump Beacon by Lucike then there is a conflict with the command slots that Lucike and ThisIsHarsh are using, and specifically the scan androids command for the auto explore.

If you go all the way to the Ship Command Slots on this page you will see what I am talking about. And I am betting that everyone having this issue is using the jump beacons.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690

Peanutcat
x4

Post by Peanutcat » Fri, 30. Dec 11, 15:41

Albion Prelude compatible?
F signature

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:12

Bobisback wrote:Well first off I noticed that my exploreers without a mineral scanner did not have any issues.

then after having to mod XRM to do something I learned that there is a issue with this mod and another mod. Unfortunately how to fix it I have no idea.

It would seem that if you have Jump Beacon by Lucike then there is a conflict with the command slots that Lucike and ThisIsHarsh are using, and specifically the scan androids command for the auto explore.

If you go all the way to the Ship Command Slots on this page you will see what I am talking about. And I am betting that everyone having this issue is using the jump beacons.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216690
I am having the Unknown command issue as well. I stopped using Auto Explore because I would have to "unstuck" my ships manually once per sector and it just got annoying. It seems to happen after doing the initial survey and during the first few asteroid scans.

I am not using XRM. I am, however, using various random scripts to make things easier e.g. this script, EST, CAG, MARS.

I am also using the TC for AP "mod."

I haven't tried Nicoman35's updates yet because I just saw them.

That said I am also having a problem with the blacklist simply not working. I haven't read this entire thread but I have yet to see anyone mention it. Several times my Satellite Deployers have flown into the sectors I had blacklisted and got destroyed. I'm very much tempted to start doing some script modification.

@Thisisharsh: In Sept., you mentioned that the Sat. Deploy command was unfinished. Are you close to finishing your modifications?

BTW. I agree emergency jumping would be nice, but a lot of times these explorer ships are getting insta-killed (or nearly) because they are low-hp fast M5s which end up near a M6+ while gating and I don't think emergency jumps can act quick enough can they?

If not, at some point I need to look into how hard it would be to script same-sector avoidance of enemies (auto-retreat script). If anyone knows of a good script for that, please let me know.
Last edited by Dakota- on Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:22, edited 3 times in total.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 17:14

Peanutcat wrote:Albion Prelude compatible?
It appears to be. I'm using it, but there are a few bugs yet. I have no idea if it's because it's AP or simply because it's not completely bug free.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”