[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

galatei_tf
x4

Post by galatei_tf » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 22:22

So, what's the current status on the cockpits callback mod? is it working at all or not?
I've modified mod posted by LiveAus' and have it working fine, with all the animations active, though there're no active gauges. Apart from that I'd say it's pretty nice and enough.

Pics:
[ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Cheers

{images spaced to be a bit less page-stretching - Carlo}

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Tue, 14. Apr 09, 05:34

LiveAus wrote:Can anyone try this mod to see if the ships display their cockpits?
This is not complete, Imp's cockpits are missing some animations because X3TC has different materials numbers.
I'm still working to get that fixed. Just wanted to check if the cockpits appeared on other computers.

I see cockpits. Not on all ships however.
Cockpits!

Starthug

Post by Starthug » Wed, 15. Apr 09, 21:29

Hi guys, i was wondering if someone can give me some help with installing this mod. I'm a noob with mods....

fake patch.
change moddata name to latest x3tcroot *.cat *.dat number, and put x3 root foldier.

What does that mean and how do i do this.^?

Also how is this mod working with the 2.0 update. Any crashes or bugs?

Thanks fellas~!

goblinissimus

Post by goblinissimus » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 14:02

So is this mod actually complete? Or still some ships don't have any cockpits?
Mercenaries never die - they just go to Hell to regroup...

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 14:39

I dont think any cockpit mods are complete. I am playing the IMP Xtension X3TC mod and it does not have a cockpit for the Sabre for example but it does have some X2 level graphics for other ship cockpits.

I think these are brave attempts and very welcome but I really cant see why egosoft thinks it is OK to not make proper cockpits. Its like they made half of a game construction kit. Modders are supposed to provide the other half I fear. It reminds me a lot of Space Empires V in that regard which is still halfway finished years later. It is really quite tantalising and yet fundamentally disappointing to be so close and yet so far from the experience that egosoft seemed to aim at.

I just cant quite understand how they can spend so much time on the ships and station models and yet fail to make the cockpits for each ship. It just comes across as sloppy... shame if the ship goes down for a hapenny worth of tar, but rereading this thread I see a lot of people didnt buy X3 because of that. IMHO egosoft have miscalculated on that one and someone somewhere is leading them astray, far astray, from what their mission really is.
bloop

goblinissimus

Post by goblinissimus » Sat, 18. Apr 09, 19:14

Did Egosoft make an official cockpit mod for Reunion? I doubt it... However, a completely working mod does exists.
Mercenaries never die - they just go to Hell to regroup...

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 01:09

I plan to do update cockpit mod this weekend.

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 02:34

Arkblade = Hero

Do you plan to work together with the German Cockpitmodders? I guess they could need some more help.
Cockpits!

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 10:40

Hello Arkblade good to see you will works on the subject

also as stated Stingads, what part will you update, do you plan to add the missing animation and or jauges ?
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

--==FIREBIRD==--

Post by --==FIREBIRD==-- » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 11:04

@Arkblade

If you want I can send you new textures,for a new coloured displays :)

Stingads_Gsöchts
x4

Post by Stingads_Gsöchts » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 17:55

Arkblade wrote:I plan to do update cockpit mod this weekend.
So... any news :D ?
Cockpits!

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Fri, 1. May 09, 01:16

--==FIREBIRD==-- wrote:@Arkblade

If you want I can send you new textures,for a new coloured displays :)
plase textures.

thx for your cooperation
Stingads_Gsöchts wrote:
Arkblade wrote:I plan to do update cockpit mod this weekend.
So... any news :D ?
sorry, My real work is busy.
good news. Japan will be a holiday season from tomorrow.

Cuddly_Tomato
x3tc

Post by Cuddly_Tomato » Sat, 2. May 09, 13:26

Arkblade, I hate to be a pain in the arse without actually being a contributor to this, but could you see your way clear to adding these cockpits to some other ships?

The Thor, Fenrir, Heavy Osprey, and Enhanced Kea don't have cockpits. Would it be difficult to set those to have them?

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Sun, 17. May 09, 06:30

Hope this will be fixed soon.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

SieurNewT
x4

Post by SieurNewT » Thu, 21. May 09, 15:00

any progress on any cockpit thread ? seems i have not seen any news since several weeks :(
New Config : Intel 8400 & 4Ghz , 4GB DRR2 on Asus P5Q Pro, ATI 4850 and Win XP 32 bits SP3.

Old config AMD 64 3400 1Mo, MSI k8n neo plat, 7800 GS+ Bliss, 2 GB RAM 3200

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Thu, 21. May 09, 15:08

My cockpits work fine after all. I've been docking and undocking and what not, playing on 4xAAs and I yet to have to crash. Even though cockpits were the same for all the ships I flew so far, but I guess its better than without. Don't wanna feel like I am floating in space. And Third Person view in X3 is not really for flying so you'r stuck with cockipts.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Fri, 5. Jun 09, 02:17

sorry, I don't have holiday since last month.
(i dont have holiday season :( )
and over 14hour worked each day...

It manages to seem to rest it this weekend.
However, a new cockpit has gone out. by reanor.

--==FIREBIRD==--, please allow shere your texture.
For other cockpit mods producers.

spikened
x3

Post by spikened » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 07:24

LiveAus wrote:Can anyone try this mod to see if the ships display their cockpits?
This is not complete, Imp's cockpits are missing some animations because X3TC has different materials numbers.
I'm still working to get that fixed. Just wanted to check if the cockpits appeared on other computers.
Did you take it down? I went to check it out but there was nothing there. I realize I'm two months after your post but still, I'd like to see it. Or have you and Arkblade combined your mods? Just wondering what's going on and what's new.

bluebird1927
x2

Post by bluebird1927 » Sat, 22. Aug 09, 16:43

you can add my name to the list of people put off buying this game without cockpits, i just cancelled my order when I found out there was no cockpits for all ships in game, despite people asking if they were not to be included, at least make the X3R mod convertable over to TC.

I bought the X3R 'game of the year edition with the cockpit mod included. To now have a year down the line and still no adequet substitute in TC is worring to say the least. Thought ES would have learned from X3R that cockpits are essential to a sizable portion of their target audience and will lose them sales.

Im not total convinced either that if ES had cockpits from the off it would have led to buggy gameplay. Most of the work has already been done on X3R, they designed the game and know the workings inside out, how many man hours can it posibly take to copy the cockpits over. Its not like they are 2 complete different games with different game engines.

Also at the end of the day, ES had their fans create the cockpit mod for X3, surely they should acknowlege the effort of the fans who made that mod, by bringing it over for TC
Intel E8400
HD4850
Seagate 250GB
Vista Premium 64bit

Hthieme
x2

Post by Hthieme » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 13:40

hi there.

i just wanted to ask if there is anything new regarding cockpits in Terran Conflict

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”