Terran gate asset location in X3TC modding........

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Railgunner
x4

Terran gate asset location in X3TC modding........

Post by Railgunner » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 10:15

Where can I find the files for the terran jumpgate????? I'm going to try to create a script/mod along the lines as the TOA to Jump Gate Converter mod/script, however I'd like to replace the argon gates with the terran model......

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 10:43

To replace TOAs for gates you will have to do it in the map file, x3universe.xml.
Extract the file to maps folder, then load it in Galaxy Editor (check tuto sticky on how to activate)
Open universe map and then a sector, select a toa and press p change subtype until you have right gate type.
Repeat.

Alternatively open map file in xml editor and find&replace gate subtype and IDs.

Note: All these changes will only be visible in a new start.

MFG

Ketraar

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 10:47

Details are in Tgates.txt in the fully extracted Types folder.

Files are in "objects\patch20\terran_gate_scene"

Need to extract the files to get at the gates. But Tgates allows you to switch the model easily. Altering the sectors allows you to add it. I'm still trying to work that bit out...

Though I wouldn't mind having proper solar systems. For instance Omicron Lyrae would be the Deep Space Jump Gate for the Omicron system. Then there would be between 3 and 8 sectors linked to OL like the Sol System. Would make far more sense than the current sector setup. Also could alter the jump gates in sector to be similar to the accelerators in the Terran Sectors...
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”