Can't Take Passengers

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict or X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Ebeneezer

Can't Take Passengers

Post by Ebeneezer » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 18:54

I have an Iguana fitted with cargo life support and 500 units of space free but when I try to take passenger transport missions they won't board saying that I need cargo life support. Any ideas what's up?

Cheers - Eb

pjknibbs

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 22:47

TPs don't require cargo bay life support systems--they're already adapted to carry passengers. Can you take the mission if you remove the life support system? Having it on a ship that doesn't need it may be confusing the mission code.

pjknibbs

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 22:48

TPs don't require cargo bay life support systems--they're already adapted to carry passengers. Can you take the mission if you remove the life support system? Having it on a ship that doesn't need it may be confusing the mission code.

Laden Swallow

Post by Laden Swallow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 01:25

I get the impression it is checking ware ==1 or trueware ==1 (A thought based on some of the issues with certain scripts in the bonus pack of reunion) i.e. checking which ship has bought a cargo bay life support system rather than which ship has a cargo bay life support system.

Hob Anagerik

Post by Hob Anagerik » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 03:18

I can confirm this also. In Terran space flying a Baldrick I can do some Taxi missions. But then I will get one asking me to transport 13 passengers. So I dock with the station and I then get a message saying that I need 98 space free in the hold and a CLS fitted. I have a CLS as standard and about 400-500 space free. This does look like a bug to me.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Ebeneezer

Post by Ebeneezer » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 09:25

Hob, you've just described the exact scenario that I experienced so I'll give multi-passenger rides a miss until it's fixed.

Cheers - Eb

Ebeneezer

Post by Ebeneezer » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 15:04

Sorry, I thought I should add that I did not add a cls to the ship. As its a TP I didn;t need to. The info screen shows a cls as being fitted but I cannot remove it as it does not show as a removerble item.

Cheers - Eb

rodneyhchef

Post by rodneyhchef » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 02:23

I've just come across this issue - but I'm using a rapier with a CLS installed and enough space to complete the mission. (10 passengers, apparently I need 69 units free, and there's about 80 free) The mission will register my dock at the pickup station and then ask me to dock at the destination, but when I dock at the destination the mission does not complete and according to my ship info there are no people aboard. There's alot of time left when I arrive at the destination, 30 mins or so. Maybe I am too early?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Technical Support”