We need a script that tones down mission rewards.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

kyoo
x4

We need a script that tones down mission rewards.

Post by kyoo » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 22:16

At the moment mission rewards are so out of control that there's no point in doing anything else to earn money or gain race rank. Combat missions rake in more cash than booze complexes and can be completed in an m5. Would it be very hard to make a script that cuts the rewards down to about 1/3?

Sartorie
x3tc

Post by Sartorie » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 22:25

as the missions are done in the MD you would have to edit the mission files to change the rewards - can it be done ? yes, but not with a script

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:01

To be honest, some of the average difficulty missions are so stupidly hard that i am happy they pay ridiculous amounts of money for them. Just a couple of hours ago i agreed to do a sector defense mission that was 'average'. I ended up trapped in the dead-end sector below it because i had to run away from a page and three quarters worth of enemy ships. There were about 9 pirate centaurs, and countless fighters all flying after me. On top of that, there was a fleet of Yaki in there as well for some reason. (Who were also attacking the pirates). The sector map was just red all over. I got screenshots too. Pure stupidity. I of course didn't stand a chance in my Nova. I ahd to re-load a million times before i managed to evade my way into that aforementioned sector, where i waited for aaages.

Fortunately the split military army showed up and actually helped the Boron out by destroying them all. I then jumped in and took out a few limping centaurs and got a nice little earner.
Rawr.

Baleur
x3tc

Post by Baleur » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:12

As i have replied in another topic regarding this, im wondering if my game is bugged, or if everyone elses game is bugged..
Im getting 50k-300k reward for ANY missions, including defence and patrol missions. And i'm at Instructor level now for combat..

I get way more money from my wheat complex and teladianium complex than i could ever get from missions. Either im bugged, or you are bugged :P

One thing i would love to see however, related to this request, is for the time limits to be increased by a factor of 3 as well. 13min (seta-affected) to deliver goods 4 sectors away, ridiculous.
CPU: Intel i7 6300k RAM: 32gb GPU: nVidia 1070 6gb VRAM

paintner

Post by paintner » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:54

well, I thought my game was bugged as well ... but apparently this is how it is ...

I got 30k-300k for my missions and bro playing next to me got 3k-30k for the same missions ... and as previously mentioned the random spawn in difficulty is out of line =)

he had the lucky break to get 2mill for a Q that I think was rather easy ... so it seems a bit random =)

we will see what happens ...
I got an angel on my shoulder, but the devil hold's my hand ...

ACrazyGerman
x4

Post by ACrazyGerman » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 01:41

I get on average 3-5 million credits a station protection mission difficulty doesn't matter. With my new Cerberus I get 15-20 million credits a patrol mission. I have zero need for factories I make from missions 30+ million an hour if I need the cash.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:07

lol, this is bloody ridiculous. I am currently hiding away inside the kinetic gravity rotating thing on a trading station.

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/689/ ... 042pj7.jpg

As you can see, if i press Page-Up, there is another entire page of enemies.

For some reason it spawns both Yaki and Pirates, who end up fighting eachother as well.

This was a Very Hard ranked sector patrol mission, but the last very hard mission i took was no where near as overkill as that.

There is obviously no way i can defeat that many in my Nova. they have turned the pirates from ragged opportunists to a fully fledged military force of limitless and countless numbers.

It wouldn't be so bad if they came actually through the gates in smaller waves, as opposed to just appearing en mass out of nowhere.
Rawr.

OnlineKenji
x3tc

Post by OnlineKenji » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 06:59

ROFL!!! I've had those missions to. I think the rankings of the missions are relative to your fighting rank. So a very hard for a fresh nugget is no where near the same as a very hard for a Master Chief, and vastly different from a higher ranked.

Just leave the sector... From the looks of that you can't do it... I've started docking and saving in the station before taking missions to avoid nightmares like that.

Also, i've had much better luck with my Mamba (Broke Assassin Start) than with the Nova. The speed makes a huge difference when facing that many enemies. It once took me an extremely long time (I didn't time it, but it had to be an hour maybe 90 minutes of straight fighting) to clear a sector, running and first hitting the little M5s and M4s that could catch up to me, then the M3s one at a time and finally I was able to kite the M6s (about 10 of them) around stations enough to separate some from the pack and allowing me to kill them one at a time. The mission called for the next sector before I got them all, but i was able to kill about 25-30 ships including 4 M6s (valued at around 400K each).

I made many a million for that mission, but it took me a long time in a single mamba. I just think after you reach about Master chief, you should avoid "Very Hard" missions because those may require a few M1s and M2s to do.

I kinda like the new reward system, I haven't build a single factory but I have about 16 M3s, 1 random trade transporters, 4 little carriers that I use for taking more missions (fully loaded), and about 20 million credits in the bank (I'm saving for an M7 now, maybe a TL later so I can take those 4million credit "place station" missions :) ).

Not a single factory has been built. I think the very easy to average missions will dry up and I will have to start the usual factory building, but for now I'm just enjoying the explore and fight freedom.
There are only two things in life that matter, and I have them both. They're not what you might think, and once you learn that you'll be much happier.

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 08:50

Besides credits you also gain a huge amount of racial standings per mission. It's shouldn't be hard to mission yourself into capital ships within a day or two. It completely strips the game of it's depth.
Sartorie wrote:as the missions are done in the MD you would have to edit the mission files to change the rewards - can it be done ? yes, but not with a script
Right, what's the MD? I take it we'd have to edit every mission individually?

RustyBayonet
x3tc

Post by RustyBayonet » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 14:54

I agree that perhaps the rep gain rate is a bit excessive, but I like that you can effectively do missions as a "job" rather than have to grind your way for ages to make money through trading. I think it adds depth to the game, rather than removing it.

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 16:54

Man, if you think the mission rewards are too high, just buy a station and shove all the credits you don't want in there. Maybe blow up the station too if that makes you feel better. :lol:
www.trackpedia.com
ASUS P5Q Pro - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4GHZ - ATI Radeon 4870 - 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 - Windows Server 2008 64bit - 2x500GB in RAID1
#1 in X3TC Ships Destroyed

kyoo
x4

Post by kyoo » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 17:40

There are lots of people besides me who dislike the mission rewards and I'm sure that a mod to this effect would be very welcome regardless of the fact that some of you disagree with the issue at hand. I'm just hoping for a little help or advice because I have no idea how to edit them myself.
RustyBayonet wrote:I agree that perhaps the rep gain rate is a bit excessive
That's my main issue with them.

Stain
x3

Post by Stain » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:24

yeah the missions should def be toned down a bit, you should be able to make roughly the same amount of money per hour doing missions as you can when trading, being able to afford a m1 in a day or two of playing the game is just as someone said, robbing the game of all its depth

its meant to be a realistic space sim as in "if it was real it would be like this" and i dont think ppl can work for a day or two then drive around in ferrari's

you get what i mean

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 04:42

I try to think of myself as just another one of the many ships you encounter. If it's so easy for you, why are there pirates? Why isn't everyone flying around in a really flash M6.
Rawr.

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 12:56

Frankly, I think the mission rewards are just as they should be.

1. Most combat releated missions I risk dying or loosing a ship worth several million.

2. If I now loose a ship worth several million, it's not that big of a disaster, since I'm closer to getting me a new one with the mission rewards.

3. If one of my ships get dented, it costs me lots of money to repair it. Now I can actually repair it with the reward money.

If you ask me, if you find the game to easy, stop loading so much when things **** up.

lastebil
x3tc

Post by lastebil » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 13:00

Oh, and about the realism thing.

In real life you can't load. If you die, you are dead, end of story. Anyone here have a job where you are allmost certain to die during a days work?

Don't think so, and if I had one, I damn better get VERY well paid for it.

The mission rewards in R pissed me off that way. The missions in TC are quite a bit under what I'd expect for the often suicidal missions.

Lars

Blinx636
x3

Post by Blinx636 » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 14:41

A fun thing I noticed is how the patrol missions base themselves upon what ships you have present in the sector when you accept the mission.

AKA, when I accepted a "Very Hard" Patrol mission when only my Cutlass was in the system, I had about 6 Xenon M6s jump in and kill me.

I then spawned (for fun) an M1, M2, and assorted M7s, and M3s, and THEN accepted the mission. BIG MISTAKE. About 8 Xenon Ks jumped in with about 20 Xenon M6s. I then spawned a Tyr and hid behind that as it raped everything.

So yeah, it's based a lot upon what you have in the system/what you own when you accept the mission.
No sig, is a happy sig.

MeatBag
x3tc

Post by MeatBag » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 12:59

Just getting back to the OT.

On top of the rewards being reduced. I think the frequency of missions should be lowed a lot.

Every sector has an abundance (roughly 5 or more) of viable missions to choose from. I would rather enter a system and be eager to check out the mission if i am lucky enough to have one offered.

fireslide
x3tc

Post by fireslide » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 13:59

lastebil wrote:Oh, and about the realism thing.

In real life you can't load. If you die, you are dead, end of story. Anyone here have a job where you are allmost certain to die during a days work?

Lars
Manic reloaders should try playing "Dead Is Dead", it puts a whole new angle on the game IMO.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 17:25

MeatBag wrote:On top of the rewards being reduced. I think the frequency of missions should be lowed a lot.

Every sector has an abundance (roughly 5 or more) of viable missions to choose from. I would rather enter a system and be eager to check out the mission if i am lucky enough to have one offered.
Never happy. X3R missions had two major complaints:
1. Only a limited set of (well-known same old same old) missions.
2. Low frequency, particularly of missions you can actually accept.

Thus, doing missions in X3R was a chore of finding them. And now ... X3TC has "fixed" the problem as requested by the players, and the players do not like that. :o Simply cannot please everybody. Ever.

I must now draw the attention of the participants to the fact that this is the S&M forum. It does not matter whether there are not enough or too many missions, whether they scale correctly or not, nor whether rewards make any sense. What does matter is:

What, if anything, can be made by scripting and modding to change the properties of the stock messages? What tools and techniques can be used? What is possible and what is not?

If you can come up with answers to these questions, then you can modify your games as you please. And if the answer is that nothing can be done, then go to the Devnet Ideas Forum and post constructive ideas according to the more strict posting rules therein.

Naturally, when one of you makes a mod, then the rest of you are free to discuss it in its thread.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”