[QUESTION] What script/mod provides/causes foo? Ask here.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 05:29

Ok, I'm sure this is SOME PLACE in the modding forum... but search turns up nothing on it so here it goes.

I'm trying to find where in the game (hopefully not hard coded) it holds the info on how many marines you have on a ship. I want to edit the ships so that ANY ship that has a gun turret can add a marine (1 per turret). Granted this won't change how the fighter/ship fights but it would add a bit more realness to the game in the feel. (example: Nova could add 1 marine for its 1 turret.)

It only makes sense as larger fighters, freighters, and so on that would be large enough for a turret would also be large enough for a small crew so to speak. If the ship took damage during the fight, the 'crew' (with help of marine repairs mod) would be able to start repairing the ship after the fight was done.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 06:15

anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 16:35

nap_rz wrote:anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.
There are SEVERAL scripts out there to do that. RRF is one as well as LV has a script to claim sectors.

Both require you to purchase a trade station first, but be careful you don't take over someone else's sector unless you want a fight. :roll:
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 17:17

FalconGrey wrote:
nap_rz wrote:anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.
There are SEVERAL scripts out there to do that. RRF is one as well as LV has a script to claim sectors.

Both require you to purchase a trade station first, but be careful you don't take over someone else's sector unless you want a fight. :roll:
actually I want to revert the sector owner back to the original status.... and actually it's an unknown sector... so need it back belong to 'unknown' :?:

Morikal
x3

Post by Morikal » Thu, 5. May 11, 04:42

Hmm, this topic doesn't look very active, but:

I'm getting a BUNCH of messages when I start a new game or load a game.

1st type: Laser characteristics for laser N are missing. (N=0 through 26 or so)

2nd type: Same, but for missiles (and more of these, in the 40s I think)

3rd type: Page 60019 for race Yaki contains no lasers

4th type: same for missiles

3rd & 4th are for each race, including "Player Race" and "Neutral Race"

I'm running TC 3.1.

My mods are:

IR (latest), CMOD 4.10, SRMC 1.07, and the listed required mods for these things.

My install order was:
bunch of regular scripts (community bonus pack, IR addons for wreckage removal, ai ammo cheat & fighting ship damage mitigation, Enhanced Equipment Spawner 2.4, missile safety, missile supply V0.6b, Missile defense MK2 advanced, SRM Jobs 3.6e, turret missile attack V0.6b, turret on/off hotkey. AP libraries required for EES, cmod factory script only, srm script addons (shipyard, dealers), IR latest version)

The EES, Missile Supply, and Turret Missile Attack were recommended alongside SRM.

The following as fake patches, in this order:
SRM 1.07
CMOD 4.10
CMOD MRM (missile rebalance for use with MD MK2)
SRM Trails mod

Any ideas?

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Thu, 5. May 11, 07:44

Morikal wrote:I don't know if its this mod or SRM (or one of the regular scripts?), but I'm getting a BUNCH of messages when I start a new game or load a game. ... Any ideas?
Those are EES messages, see here for the resolution.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Thu, 5. May 11, 20:32

I'm getting some strange spawned ships lately. M1 and M2 labled "....." with 0 hull (can't kill them). Don't know what script would spawn them :/

Installed Scripts (that spawn ships)
IR:CE
Lucikes Script package
Phanon Corp (edited for compatibility with bailing system)
NPC Salvagers
EES (okay.. that script doesn't spawn ships but who knows^^)

Mods:
SRM + Addons
CMOD4
EED
Li_Modv7
Immersive Environments

Any clues?

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Thu, 5. May 11, 20:48

Chestburster2 wrote:I'm getting some strange spawned ships lately. M1 and M2 labled "....." with 0 hull (can't kill them). Don't know what script would spawn them :/

collateral damage from IR. Disable it for now
this is my debug leftover

Jack08
x3tc

Post by Jack08 » Thu, 5. May 11, 20:51

Chestburster2, How did you even manage to turn collateral damage on? i deliberately disabled the menu option within IR:CE to prevent this

in any case, simply enter the IR config menu and goto More Options - you wont see collateral on the list but by opening "More Options" it will disable collateral damage
[ external image ]
"One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside his experience as being impossible."
―Farengar Secret-Fire

Chestburster2
x3tc

Post by Chestburster2 » Thu, 5. May 11, 21:02

Just turned it on?^^
Don't know it.. Can't even find the option now. Maybe it's a leftover from my IR data (files deleted but continued the save).

So.. how can i turn it off? My scripting knowledge is.. limited *g*

Pff, ninja-edit :P i'll see if that work. Thanks :)

Maxces C Covert
x3

A simple problem I can't figure out.

Post by Maxces C Covert » Wed, 29. Jun 11, 16:02

Hello everyone. I'm new to moding, Forums and scripting and I would like to try. I want to be ready to participate in the new X game coming out. I am learning a lot but I ran in to a problem with a normal game install and script install. I am using
XPluginManager_Installer_Beta V1.40 (Beta 6)
and I am running into a problem with my wears not showing the correct name. They show as
SS_WARE_SW_NEW1, 10, etc.
in game via the cheat menu. I have installed most of me X3TC game over again, and I have re-installed the plug in manager and the wears still show up incorrectly. Help please so I can work my way to being elite like you guys.

Gaben
x3tc

turrets on ships owned by player don't shoot

Post by Gaben » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 13:32

hello everyone. turrets on my ships don't shoot, they do nothing and yes i do have marines aboard from 5 to 20 on each ship.
i never witnessed such problem in vanilla game please help.
i will provide as much information i can.

mods installed
Multi Galaxy mod 4.2
Cheat package 1.60

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 14:17

turrets on my ships don't shoot, they do nothing and yes i do have marines aboard from 5 to 20 on each ship.
What do the marines have to do with the "turret not shooting"-problem?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jelf
x4

Post by jelf » Sun, 26. Aug 12, 03:00

Some days ago I read about a script that makes satellites invisible with the addition of two microchips. However I can't seem to find it now.
Does anyone know which script it is?

Thanks.

lildragon
x4

Post by lildragon » Fri, 31. May 13, 00:57

Hi, i've googled and looked all over the forum and i can't really find anywhere that answers my dilema. Ive been playing this character (humble merchant) for about 4days in total (spread over 2 weeks ;)) and i got a message a while back for the OFF plot and ignored it as at the time i didn't have a decent enough ship. Well anyway, now for the life of me i can't get the plot to start, ive been to argon sector 148 ive been to omicron lyrae searching for the ship called 'exterminator' no such luck there.
Also i've tried repeatedly to start the hub plot with no luck either, i got my ranks above the requirements and travel through just about every boron sector i can and i don't get any comms from mahi ma.

My mods installed are marine repairs, XRM, XRMI, IR, MARS, Galaxy Explorer, Equipment Reasearch and Development, SEWN, Salvage Command Software, UTProfit, MK3 Reloaded, and IEX. Now i used cycrows cheat script to lower then raise my ranks, no luck. I REALLY hope someone can help.

*Edit* I just realised that XRM is incompatible with the main Argon plot in AP, however this still doesn't explain why i can't start the Hub plot (i havent tried the phq plot yet)

lildragon
x4

Post by lildragon » Fri, 31. May 13, 13:38

Okay so after a bit more playing and searching, i've managed to gain some sort of access to the hub but i dont understand the plot surrounding it... Im help atreus to repair the hub and now i have to go rescue mahi ma... Not the plot as i understand it??

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 31. May 13, 15:47

It would be good to know, what game you're playing? In the previous post you mentioned Final Fury, which is an X3TC plot. But then in your edit you mentioned you can't play the main AP plot in XRM.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 31. May 13, 19:47

XRM tinkers slightly with the start conditions for some plots. You should probably ask in the XRM thread.

For example, both the Commonwealth and Operation Loose Ends plots are enabled in XRM/AP, so there are two different ways to do a Hub-related plot.

ItsMeAUsername
x3ap

Post by ItsMeAUsername » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 13:50

Hello everyone,

Often when using the Turbo Booster from the bonus pack my game crashes - right in the moment when I hit the button. Except for XRM and a few other things (e.g. MARS) I am not running anything additional. I'm playing AP and for the rest the game runs stable and just fine.
Does anyone have an idea why this happens or how to fix it?

Hope I am at the correct place for my question. Did try to find a solution to this problem in the [X3TC Bonus Plugin] Turbo Boost thread, but except for someone else mentioning a similar problems (years ago), no solution was suggested, except for using the older, non-bonus pack version, which I could not find.

Thanks in advance!

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 18. Jun 14, 17:12

Do you use the keyboard or a button on an external controller such as a joystick?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”