[QUESTION] What script/mod provides/causes foo? Ask here.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 07:11

StarCrack wrote:I have merged X-Tra Ship/Station Pack, Complex Cleaner / Modular Complexes and DDTC for Terran Conflict

every thing was going fine untill i tryed to jion my stations with a complex constuction kit then i get a CTD after the camera pans around my ship when it should * pan around the station did some testing and i can place a complex hub with the cheat but cant link it to any thing

any tips that might help? Please

it worked befor i added X-Tra Ship/Station Pack mod so i might have mesed up the merge

This *paning around the station after my ship is where the CTD hapens
So it sounds like its crashing as it places the model in the game. That suggests that the stations file is corrupt somehow.

Exactly how did you do the merge ? Which did you use as the base to add the others on the end ? Personally I'd have used CC as a base, then added DDTC, then the other one. You would need to redo all the scripts referencing the last 2 mods.

One thing I know is that if you change the slot number of the complex kits, it will likely cause a problem. Egosoft mainly uses the slot numbers for reference, not the ID's. So if you moved the complex kits by inserting another station before them in the file, just about anything could happen.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Fri, 9. Apr 10, 08:45

after much head bashing (mostly mine) i started over and got to the Dummies file that i had used . redid that and everything worked great

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 19. Apr 10, 12:33

I've been searching for a post where the author of, a Mod I think it was, had added scripts, or through writing his own missions, affected race notoriety dynamically - that is, when you raise Split you lower Boron somewhat.

I can't find it and I didn't read it properly the first time; and now I am thinking about scripts that affect race notoriety.

There is one script that slows down the increase. I know about that one.

Cheers!
Projects:
Onhold..... time time....

xoham

Mod to add jump drives to all ships

Post by xoham » Thu, 22. Apr 10, 03:54

I'd be happy to pay a premium to have all ships I buy or acquire have jump drives in them AND not use energy cells.

A good balance might be that you have to pay for the drive, some reasonable amount of money for the energy cells you would have used, and have a smaller capacity cargo hold at all times.

I'm sick of spending gobs of time ferrying ships around to acquire or trade jump drives and then resupply energy cells.

apricotslice
x4

Re: Mod to add jump drives to all ships

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 22. Apr 10, 04:18

xoham wrote:I'd be happy to pay a premium to have all ships I buy or acquire have jump drives in them AND not use energy cells.

A good balance might be that you have to pay for the drive, some reasonable amount of money for the energy cells you would have used, and have a smaller capacity cargo hold at all times.

I'm sick of spending gobs of time ferrying ships around to acquire or trade jump drives and then resupply energy cells.
That is reasonably easy to script, added to a command slot. Buy ship, move to space, press hotkey, whatever you want added and money deducted.

I have a similar script already done in the AMS mod, for outfitting Apricot ships. Just remove the ship selection, and cut it down to just what you want to add, and add how much you want to pay.

I got sick of the same thing, so I outfit completely each ship after I buy it just by pressing a command. I justify it by considering it pre-ordering of fitout, installed after purchase.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sat, 24. Apr 10, 21:57

Which vanilla script controls bailing and remaining ship wares?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 00:25

mailleweaver wrote:Which vanilla script controls bailing and remaining ship wares?
There is no vanilla script, its hardcoded in the engine.

However, there is NPC bailing addon which may do what you want (there is an option for "Extra" wares to be left onboard, based entirely on the percent hull remaining).
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 01:57

That's too bad. I was hoping to be able to just make it leave whatever was already there. It doesn't make sense to me that the pilots have time to destroy so much before they eject, because, after all, they are running for their lives. I think NPC Bailing just adds random wares after what's there has already been deleted; I'll have to look into it to be sure.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 25. Apr 10, 02:03

mailleweaver wrote:That's too bad. I was hoping to be able to just make it leave whatever was already there. It doesn't make sense to me that the pilots have time to destroy so much before they eject, because, after all, they are running for their lives. I think NPC Bailing just adds random wares after what's there has already been deleted; I'll have to look into it to be sure.
Nah not random with NPC bailing addon. The wares onboard have a probability of being destroyed that directly reflects the hull percent. So a hull percent of 50% means each shield/laser has a 50% chance of being destroyed, etc.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

bolgimo

Post by bolgimo » Sun, 11. Jul 10, 10:49

I had a script running in a previous game that marked unpiloted ships with navbeacons. After a drive crash I reinstalled X3TC and all the scripts I thought I had, but I can't remember which script added beacons whenever a ship or satellite or station uncovered an unpiloted ship.

The beacons had colourised names and all, it was a sweet tool for picking up ships long after one of your explorers had buzzed past them.

Anyone know which script I'm talking about?

sw-880

Post by sw-880 » Sun, 22. Aug 10, 22:42

Is there a script to prevent NPC's from rebuilding destroyed stations?

Many years ago when X-Tension was new and I was young I played billiards with asteroids and destroyed every single solar power plant in the game. I then replaced them with my own and so had total controll over the economy and made squillions from my total monopoly.

Such derams of power never truely die and I want to try it again. These days however stations don't seem to stay destroyed for long.....hence my question.

mailleweaver
x3tc

Post by mailleweaver » Tue, 2. Nov 10, 01:41

Is there a script that can "clean up" the running scripts on a targeted ship -- only leaving the basic stuff? Or even a way to do it manually on player owned ships?
Some of my captured (with Nividium's Ship Hijacker script) Xenon and Kha'ak ships occasionally go rogue on me -- attacking friendlies. I assume it's because of leftover scripts still running.

Peanutrulz
x3tc

Post by Peanutrulz » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 02:13

I need some help I seem to have somehow broke my game :/

Every time i play i can go about 30secs-4 mins depending on the save and the game will just lockup and loop about 5 seconds of music

S&Ms i use are

SRM
CMOD

NPC Bail + community plugin and the librarys required

Salvage command software + ware manager req

Cmod factory only scripts

Ive also had a bunch of others installed and most likely didn't uninstall em properly ( complex construction thing, Cap ship energy gen , DB power transfer something ) thats just a few

This all started around the time i installed Race Response Fleets but im pretty sure i properly uninstalled that.

so my question is can this mix mess a game up but i doubt that's the problem or is just the culmination of all the scripts Ive had and just hit uninstall in the plug-in manager and said that should do it. And there just leaving all there garbage around messing my game up

anyways how can i save my save game ? there anyway i can just completely wipe all the scripts out and just install the above ones i like and use ?

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 03:43

Peanutrulz wrote:I need some help I seem to have somehow broke my game :/

Every time i play i can go about 30secs-4 mins depending on the save and the game will just lockup and loop about 5 seconds of music

S&Ms i use are

SRM
CMOD

NPC Bail + community plugin and the librarys required

Salvage command software + ware manager req

Cmod factory only scripts

Ive also had a bunch of others installed and most likely didn't uninstall em properly ( complex construction thing, Cap ship energy gen , DB power transfer something ) thats just a few

This all started around the time i installed Race Response Fleets but im pretty sure i properly uninstalled that.

so my question is can this mix mess a game up but i doubt that's the problem or is just the culmination of all the scripts Ive had and just hit uninstall in the plug-in manager and said that should do it. And there just leaving all there garbage around messing my game up

anyways how can i save my save game ? there anyway i can just completely wipe all the scripts out and just install the above ones i like and use ?
Just a wild crapshoot, which job files are you using?
I fly an OWP. What about you?

Peanutrulz
x3tc

Post by Peanutrulz » Wed, 24. Nov 10, 07:01

nice idea but didnt work :( really frustrating ive cut down the mods ived used is it possible for a mod to have left a piece of itself messing my game up. this all started pretty much after i installed race respond fleets. but im pretty confident i got rid of it followed the instructions

any ideas ?

ive tried a fresh install always keep a vanilla X3 copied somewhere on my drive just in case :P

after the install all im running is :

Cmod Scipts only factory pack
Json library
NPC Bail
Salvage Command Suite
SRM SHipyard pack
Station financial manager mk-2

CMOD
SRM

Cycrows Community Plugin config

*EDIT* + MARS and SRM jobs forget those pesky ones not in the manager :P

The annoying part is awhile ago i ran exactly this with alot more no problems at all :/

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 05:29

Ok, I'm sure this is SOME PLACE in the modding forum... but search turns up nothing on it so here it goes.

I'm trying to find where in the game (hopefully not hard coded) it holds the info on how many marines you have on a ship. I want to edit the ships so that ANY ship that has a gun turret can add a marine (1 per turret). Granted this won't change how the fighter/ship fights but it would add a bit more realness to the game in the feel. (example: Nova could add 1 marine for its 1 turret.)

It only makes sense as larger fighters, freighters, and so on that would be large enough for a turret would also be large enough for a small crew so to speak. If the ship took damage during the fight, the 'crew' (with help of marine repairs mod) would be able to start repairing the ship after the fight was done.
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 06:15

anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 16:35

nap_rz wrote:anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.
There are SEVERAL scripts out there to do that. RRF is one as well as LV has a script to claim sectors.

Both require you to purchase a trade station first, but be careful you don't take over someone else's sector unless you want a fight. :roll:
It's not if we win or lose that matters, it's that we stood and faced it.

nap_rz
x3tc

Post by nap_rz » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 17:17

FalconGrey wrote:
nap_rz wrote:anybody know how to change sector ownership during a game? not requiring restart.
There are SEVERAL scripts out there to do that. RRF is one as well as LV has a script to claim sectors.

Both require you to purchase a trade station first, but be careful you don't take over someone else's sector unless you want a fight. :roll:
actually I want to revert the sector owner back to the original status.... and actually it's an unknown sector... so need it back belong to 'unknown' :?:

Morikal
x3

Post by Morikal » Thu, 5. May 11, 04:42

Hmm, this topic doesn't look very active, but:

I'm getting a BUNCH of messages when I start a new game or load a game.

1st type: Laser characteristics for laser N are missing. (N=0 through 26 or so)

2nd type: Same, but for missiles (and more of these, in the 40s I think)

3rd type: Page 60019 for race Yaki contains no lasers

4th type: same for missiles

3rd & 4th are for each race, including "Player Race" and "Neutral Race"

I'm running TC 3.1.

My mods are:

IR (latest), CMOD 4.10, SRMC 1.07, and the listed required mods for these things.

My install order was:
bunch of regular scripts (community bonus pack, IR addons for wreckage removal, ai ammo cheat & fighting ship damage mitigation, Enhanced Equipment Spawner 2.4, missile safety, missile supply V0.6b, Missile defense MK2 advanced, SRM Jobs 3.6e, turret missile attack V0.6b, turret on/off hotkey. AP libraries required for EES, cmod factory script only, srm script addons (shipyard, dealers), IR latest version)

The EES, Missile Supply, and Turret Missile Attack were recommended alongside SRM.

The following as fake patches, in this order:
SRM 1.07
CMOD 4.10
CMOD MRM (missile rebalance for use with MD MK2)
SRM Trails mod

Any ideas?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”