[QUESTION] What script/mod provides/causes foo? Ask here.

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thetis
x4

Anyone run into this problem?

Post by Thetis » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 03:55

Hey, I have just started a new game in TC and I found that no ship upgrades (such as engine tunings, fight command software, etc) are listed anywhere in any equipment docks or anything else. I have several minor mods that are installed as fake patches (HQ hack and such) and multiple scripts but have never seen any do this before.

Anyone run into this before, I heard a rumor that it may be related to the plugin manager?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Anyone run into this problem?

Post by jlehtone » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 23:21

Thetis wrote:... I have several minor mods that are installed as fake patches (HQ hack and such) and multiple scripts but have never seen any do this before.

Anyone run into this before, I heard a rumor that it may be related to the plugin manager?
"Spread no rumors", said the old posters. If Plugin Manager has caused that, then the thread of the Plugin Manager (not really hard to find) should contain description of such problem already, and probably an answer too. And if nobody has asked in that thread so far whether Manager causes such problem, you could be the first one to do so.

As usual, retrace your steps, and recall what scripts and mods you have installed since the last time the game "worked". They have threads too. Or perhaps they conflict with your previous mods. The authors of those threads probably want to know about problems within their work, but are not probable to read every "this problem" thread, particularly when their S&M is not specifically mentioned in the thread.

{Merged for educative purposes.}

pelador
x3tc

Post by pelador » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 19:28

Well I bought the bullet and decided you needed to have a number of appendages like an adult Boron to be able to work the Piract routines for larger ships as a result I'm now using scripts and a modified game.

Scripts chosen to use so far are Improved boarding and MARS Fire turret system.

These two require you to set-up your pilot name as "Therewillbewings". Happily got them both working and am quite amazed how helpful they are so thanks to the developers.

The question I have is can I now revert the name back to one of choice or do I have to retain this name setting?

(Thought it sensible to post here as others may wish to know if you can revert the name after set-up for scripts that use this feature)

WildAce
x4

Post by WildAce » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 19:55

ive been getting alot of random game crashes, Never had any before. but i think it all started when i updated from FND v2.1 to 3.0 ever sence then every once in awhile it seems the game will lock up and bring up the game has stopped responding windows box and can choose wait for program to respond or close it.

mods currently installed are.

Auto-Rename Player Property :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 25/11/2008
Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
Custom Prefix :: Nivdium :: Yes :: 1 :: 20/12/2008
FDNv3 :: Logain Abler :: Yes :: 3 :: 11/01/2009
Improved Boarding :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector - X3TC :: Lazerath :: Yes :: v1.02 :: 06/11/2008
Marine Repairs :: Tatakau :: Yes :: 1.01 :: 01/11/2008
Military Outpost at Shipyard v.1 :: AMuph0 :: Yes :: 1 :: 16/12/2008
Mobile Ship Repairs :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.7 :: 06/11/2008
OTAS Shipyard v.2 :: AMurph0 :: Yes :: 2 :: 17/12/2008
Pandora :: Teladidrone :: Yes :: 0.2 :: 15/11/2008
Race Patrols :: ttl :: Yes :: 1.42 :: 17/12/2008
Reduced Enemy Missiles :: Graxster :: Yes :: 1.0 :: 05/11/2008
Satellite Early Warning Network :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.20 :: 31/10/2008
Ship killed notifications :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.0.3 :: 16/11/2008
The Marauder Shipyard :: Teladidrone :: Yes :: 0.4 :: 21/12/2008
UT for Most ship types :: apricotslice aka Timothy Ellis :: Yes :: 1 :: 04/12/2008
Wing Command Equip Like Extention/Fix :: silentdeth :: Yes :: 0.03 :: 20/11/2008

other scripts/mods/missions
Apricot-Extended-PHQ-Patch (not sure if this ones working or not with the FDN, doesnt FDN modify the HQ also? or are they compatible? i just got the PHQ in my game yesterday so i dont even know how much storage its supposed to have)

Apricot-Medium-Hub-Plot
No Patrols
No Civilians
Reduced Enemy missles
AltMap_NewSuns_excl_SID
add.jumpdrives.and.triplex
add.owps.to.apsy.v1.01
Prospektor_X3TC_V3100
MARS

not sure what else might be installed heh.

also a little off topic but this game runs like crap to be honest lol.
1440x900 no AA, no AF, Medium Textures, High Shaders, no glow, AQC on, No more dynamic light sources, Ship colors On.

and in a decent sized fight the game is unbearably laggy easily 10fps

i dont ever remember it gettong close to that laggy with my older 320mb 8800GTS at 1600x900 resolution. when i upgraded to the 1GB 4870 i thought id be able to play at 1920x1080 (i use my 46" LCD HDTV usually)
but atm the game doesnt run well at all and this is a fresh install of windows vista 64bit so there are no residual Geforce drivers left on the system. all my other games seemed to love the new card but this one went backwords.

System Spec:
3.2Ghz Intel Q6600 1600FSB 400x8
2x2GB DDR2 800mhz 1:1 with FSB
Asus P5Q pro MB
1GB Sapphire 4870 8.12 Drivers
X-fi Extreme Gamer sound card.
2x640GB 32MB cache WD hard drives Raid 0 (Windows+Games)
2x320GB 8MB cache WD hard drives Raid 0 (Misc Data)
2x36GB 8MB cache WD hard drives Raid 0 (Page File)

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 04:46

I've been having a problem with marines turning into passengers when I pick them up from space. (They appear as "Astronaut (Marine)" on the sector map, then turn into passengers when they enter my ship.) Via the Plugin Manager, I have installed:
  • Cheat Collection Package :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.41 :: 07/11/2008
    Community Plugin Configuration :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
    Improved Boarding :: Cycrow :: Yes :: 1.10 :: 28/10/2008
    Marine Repairs :: Tatakau :: Yes :: 1.01 :: 01/11/2008
    NPC Bailing Addon :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.6.2 :: 02/12/2008
    Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1 :: TECSG :: Yes :: 3.04 :: 14/11/2008
    Salvage Commands and NPCs :: ThisIsHarsh :: Yes :: 1.5 :: 20/11/2008
    The Marauder Shipyard :: Teladidrone :: Yes :: 0.4 :: 21/12/2008
    XenoTec Shipyard V.1 :: AMurph0 :: Yes :: 1 :: 19/12/2008
plus Lucike's CAG, Prospector, and Dockwarenmanager; Gazz' MARS Fire Control and Complex Cleaner; apricotslice's PHQ Extension Patch and Medium Hub Plot; and Graxter's Marine Training Manager.

Any ideas?

shilhi
x3tc

A Module?

Post by shilhi » Wed, 20. May 09, 01:48

I noticed something different in a few shipyards under the Stations menu.
It's a Factory Module 200 XXXX XXL?
What is that? I don't understand what it is or what it does, and there doesn't seem to be any info for it. :?

Camel_Racer_

Post by Camel_Racer_ » Wed, 20. May 09, 01:50

Bug? I've never heard of anything like that!?

Deadbeat_Spinn
x3tc

Post by Deadbeat_Spinn » Wed, 20. May 09, 01:51

Is your game modified? I have never seen any thing like that in a vanilla game.

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Wed, 20. May 09, 03:00

I have a few mods but none of them add any new Stations or anything... No new ships either.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Wed, 20. May 09, 06:00

Is Complex Cleaner one of those mods? It adds "Factory Modules", and older versions have a conflict with TC2.0 that mixes up station types.

jlehtone
x4

Re: A Module?

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 20. May 09, 11:49

shilhi wrote:I noticed something different in a few shipyards under the Stations menu.
It's a Factory Module 200 XXXX XXL?
What is that? I don't understand what it is or what it does, and there doesn't seem to be any info for it. :?
This is so stereotypical question that I did merge it into older thread once made for this very purpose. :) In ideal world each script and mod would describe itself so well, and the users would know those descriptions so well, that there would be no need to ask "What?".

ephemeron did already provide an explanation that is most likely the answer. There was even some discussion in the Complex Cleaner thread right after the X3TC 2.0 patch release.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Fri, 29. May 09, 12:19

I was happily doing my mod (link in my sig) where I modified TShips and TCockpits to have a better weapon selection and increasing/decreasing other stats.... :D
While I was testing it, I noticed a strange thing:
some of the ships I have modified locked their installed weapons in place.
Looking in the cargo bay the weapons are not listed, even Cycrow cheat package cannot alter/install/remove the weapons... If I try to "clone" (command from the Cheat package) the ship the problem persists, if I respawn the same type of ship it works perfectly.

do you know why that happens? :D
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 04:08

I'm running on a couple year old system with only 1 gig of ram. I have my primary logistical supply complex consisting of roughly 80-100 factories. After dropping another 20ish stations (oos) using FCC mod, i cannot enter the system to connect the new stations without crashing with "out of memory" message.

I plan on upgrading to 2 gig (using xp, think thats the limit) in a week or two hoping that ends the problem. In the meantime is there a script that allows for oos station connecting? All i've read require you to enter the system for that. Or maybe another work around i'm not thinking of without breaking it up in different systems?

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Wed, 10. Jun 09, 04:55

Hey,

I bought TC when it was first released but still have yet to play it; content to let the scripting scene mature to the amazing state I found it in when I picked up X3:R. Looking around I think it's getting pretty close to a state that I might care to invest my time into starting in on TC but I'm still looking for one more script:

Is there any script available for TC to make fighter wingmen worthwhile? In particular I'm looking for something akin to Fight Command Mk3 which actually caused your wingmates to take evasive action when necessary and generally make them useful rather than merely an exercise in wasting money.

dukedroklar
x3

Post by dukedroklar » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 10:38

Heh, after looking closer i actually had around 300 factories in that system. Anyway, in case others have this problem i resolved it by using the Factory Cleaner http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=225042

Incredible! From outside the system I crunched the last factories I had dropped which reduced the lag enough for me to enter. Once inside I destroyed my complex hub and then crunched the raw factories reducing it by almost 200 less stations but the same functionality. This automatically removes all tubes from complexes as well and the frame rates were actually good enough to not make me groan at the thought of re entering that sys if I need to.

I highly reccomend this script...

Odin83
x3tc

[MD] ship command="default" :?:

Post by Odin83 » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 16:13

Hi all !!!
With the help of Stu Austin, i'm attempting to bring artificial life in a sector owned by a new race (race 1) !
attempt by the jobs.txt let me knows it's impossible, by the way the races is codded in the file!!!
So i trying to do it by the Mission Director

But when the ship command "default" (supposed to make the ship doing the default job of its class) is applying to the spawned ships, the ships are immediately destroyed with a big explosion sound !
Applying an "idle" or "stay" command work fine !
change the race of the spawned ships to "argon" do nothing !
here is the MD code for testing this purpose :

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="director.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<director name="test" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="director.xsd">
  <documentation>
    <author name="Stu Austin" alias="Stu Austin" contact="http://www.x3dmod.com" />
    <content reference="Mercury Super Freighter" name="MSF1" description="Simple 'Mercury Super Freighter' template" />
    <version number="1.0" date="3-8-2008" status="testing" />
  </documentation>
  <cues>
    <cue name="MSF_trade">
      <condition>
        <check_all>
          <check_age value="{player.age}" min="15s" />
          <!--<check_value value="{player.gamestart}" exact="105" comment="the gamestart which this will be played in."/>-->
        </check_all>
      </condition>
      <action>
        <do_all exact="5" comment="Number of times for the Mercury Super Freighter to spawn in at the same time.">
          <find_sector x="1" y="2" comment="Finds sector for ship spawning" />

<create_ship name="Mercury Super Freighter" class="ts" typename="SS_SH_A_TS_5"
              race="other1" capturable="1" highlight="1" racelogic="1">
              <position x="0km" y="0km" z="0km" comment="position of the ship in the spawned sector" />
              <sector x="1" y="2" comment="sector in which ship is spawned"/>

<equipment loadout="default"/>
              <cargo comment="some equipment types count as cargo">
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="-10" comment="engine tunning"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH213" exact="10" comment="engine tunning"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="-10" comment="rudder tunning"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH246" exact="10" comment="rudder tunning"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH251" exact="-11800" comment="cargo bay"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH251" exact="11800" comment="cargo bay"/>

<ware typename="SS_WARE_SCANNER2" exact="1" comment="duplex scanner"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_NAV_1" exact="1"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_TRADE_1" exact="1"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_TRADE_2" exact="1"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_NEW13" exact="1" comment="mk3 trade command software"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_WARPING" exact="1" comment="jumpdrive"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_SPECIAL_1" exact="1" comment="special command software"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_FIGHT_1" exact="1"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_SW_FIGHT_2" exact="1"/>

<ware typename="SS_WARE_BEAMING" exact="1" comment="transporter device"/>
                <!--<ware typename="SS_WARE_ENERGY" exact="5000" comment="1000 energy cells placed on board" />-->
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH226" exact="1" comment="boost extension"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH231" exact="1" comment="SETA"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH277" exact="1" comment="trading system extension"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_TECH241" exact="1" comment="docking computer"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_BESTBUY" exact="1" comment="best buy software"/>
                <ware typename="SS_WARE_BESTSELL" exact="1" comment="best selling software"/>

</cargo>
              <command command="default"/>
            <pilot race="other1" shipname="New Race Trader"/>

</create_ship>
                  <incoming_message author="{Alf}" popup="1" text="Here are some freighters that should start trading. "/>
                  <cancel_cue cue="MSF_trade"/>
                </do_all>
              </action>
            </cue>
          </cues>
</director>
thanks for your help if we are wrong on the script or if it's a bug!

saar
x3

AL Plugin greyed out?

Post by saar » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 17:25

Hi, I don't know if this is the correct thread (first time on TC forum) but i am having troubles with AL plugin. For some reasons it is greyed out so cannot actually enable scripts or check wheter they are running or not.

I have used Cycrow's Plugin Manager v2.20 Beta 6 to install scripts, enabled the SE by following the instructions and have the latest X3TC version (v2.1).

Can you please help me?

Thanks,
Saar

PS: I had the previous version of Plugin Manager installed for X3R...could that cause a problem?
Last edited by saar on Thu, 30. Jul 09, 17:28, edited 1 time in total.

someone else
x3tc

Post by someone else » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 17:27

have you installed any script?

if no script is installed it is grayed out imho.
Trade, Fight, Build, Think, Modify.
Ship Rebalance Mod
OOS Rebalance
Resized Aldrin Big Rock
SIDE/TOP/FRONT Ship Size Comparison
Remember young Padawan: money stolen can be, time cannot.

saar
x3

Post by saar » Thu, 30. Jul 09, 17:29

Yep I have installed a couple to test it (salvage claim insurance and bail signal addon)

in which in-game menu should it say "modified"? May be if it does not show that word the plugin manager update is failing...hence i might just need to unistall X Plugin Manager completely and re-install the X3TC 12.7MB update only???

EDIT: it does work now after unistalling and reinstalling...probably X3R previous version was conflicting with the update

s9ilent
x4

Post by s9ilent » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 06:26

I'm looking for the script (I'm 99% sure it was made by Gazz) that kicks AI ships off your stations.

(Most applicable when about 30 AI ships are docked/trying to dock with your crystal producing station)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”