Built a factory complex -- why won't it start?

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Fladger
x4

Built a factory complex -- why won't it start?

Post by Fladger » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 02:59

I just got done building my first complex in this game (I'd never bothered in X2 or X3R). It's a simple one, with a crystal fab and an energy cell fab so far.

Unfortunately, my complex won't start up running. It's got full storage for source materials, but the fabs just won't go.

[ external image ]

Any ideas what's up? I did specifically set it to sell intermediate materials.

AkrionXxarr
x4

Post by AkrionXxarr » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:11

You either need to give it enough crystals for the power plant to make a cycle, or just fill it with some energy.

There needs to be enough crystals for the SPP to run, then it'll produce energy for the crystal plant to run, which will produce the crystals for the SPP, etc.

The way I go about building my complex is first I save up so i can get the full cycle going (SPP, Crystal Fab, Silicon mine, cahoona bakery and cattle ranch) then just put some energy in and it'll take off on its own.

You already have the expensive part of the complex payed for, the cahoona bakery, cattle ranch and silicon mine arn't too expensive, shouldn't be too much to add those :) Then it'll be a completely self-sustaining loop.
Last edited by AkrionXxarr on Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:16, edited 1 time in total.

Vasiah
x3tc

Post by Vasiah » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:15

Go off and do some things in the meantime. Sometimes they take a few minutes to kick in, and then the time in the brackets, in this case (1:46) for the Energy Cells, is the development time per product. You can see you already have 2 crystals, so it is definitely building. This happened in X3:R to me, I'm still awaiting my X3:TC so I'm not sure if it's the same deal this time around, but I hope what I've said helps.

Fladger
x4

Post by Fladger » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 03:26

Vasiah wrote:Go off and do some things in the meantime. Sometimes they take a few minutes to kick in, and then the time in the brackets, in this case (1:46) for the Energy Cells, is the development time per product. You can see you already have 2 crystals, so it is definitely building. This happened in X3:R to me, I'm still awaiting my X3:TC so I'm not sure if it's the same deal this time around, but I hope what I've said helps.
Actually, it's not really building... I had the energy fab first, and it was building fine, until I added the crystal fab and linked them.

Let me try buying some energy cells for it, to see what happens.

Fladger
x4

Post by Fladger » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 07:06

Adding energy cells didn't help. I finally solved the problem by self-destructing the complex hub and assigning ships the old-fashioned way. Guess I'll try again when I see something in the patch notes... :evil:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”