EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[SCRIPT] Missile Defense Hotkeys
View previous topic :: View next topic
moggy2

MEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:33    Post subject: [SCRIPT] Missile Defense Hotkeys Reply with quote Print

Script: Missile Defense Hotkeys
Version: 1.0
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/projects/xaicorp/x3tc/missiledef
Readme: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/projects/xaicorp/x3tc/missiledef/readme

This script provides 2 new hotkeys to help defend against missiles:
  1. Target Nearest Missile
  2. Missile Defense

The missile defense hotkey fires a missile at all incoming missiles. The type of missiles used can be selected by activating the hotkey while there are no enemies withing scanner range.

RSS Feed : Submit News Article : Download Scripts : Image Galleries
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ThisIsHarsh

PostPosted: Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ahah! Was waiting for this.

Can you recommend a good missile to use for the Missile Defence command? How about enabling it as an Additional Command so it can run on non player-controlled ships (or to automate on playership)?

mrsack

PostPosted: Tue, 21. Oct 08, 06:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sweet, I was hoping for a "Target Nearest Missile"...wonder why that wasn't in Vanilla?

reanor

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Mosquito missile defence system, thats what we need for TC.

Incubi

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:47    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I installed it correctly. but its not in the game. No option for mods, ( if needed) and nothing aviable in controls for me to map a key to it. I have steam version.

Sad attempting to allow for the script Thereshallbewings gave me the dreaded modified under pilot info Sad Ill wait for the bonus pack.

But I would like to know if there is a problem with scripts with the steam version. There better not be Sad I am allready upset about having to buy the game this way Sad I know X3R had no problem with it.

moggy2

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:05    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Incubi wrote:
I installed it correctly. but its not in the game. No option for mods, ( if needed) and nothing aviable in controls for me to map a key to it. I have steam version.

Sad attempting to allow for the script Thereshallbewings gave me the dreaded modified under pilot info Sad Ill wait for the bonus pack.

But I would like to know if there is a problem with scripts with the steam version. There better not be Sad I am allready upset about having to buy the game this way Sad I know X3R had no problem with it.

It's an unsigned script. You need to enable the script editor, and thus *modified*ify your game.

RSS Feed : Submit News Article : Download Scripts : Image Galleries
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Incubi

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

moggy2 wrote:
Incubi wrote:

It's an unsigned script. You need to enable the script editor, and thus *modified*ify your game.

I did enable it. Unless there was more than "Thereshallbewings". to do. And it still did not become available to me. Yes I spelled it correctly and uses a capital T.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Incubi wrote:
moggy2 wrote:
Incubi wrote:

I did enable it. Unless there was more than "Thereshallbewings". to do. And it still did not become available to me. Yes I spelled it correctly and uses a capital T.

did you either save and reload your game, or reinit your script cache after enabling ?

Makita

PostPosted: Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

reanor wrote:

Amen to that!

SpongeBobSpacepants

PostPosted: Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Erm, is it me or does this script not work correctly Confused I`ve installed it, set my hotkey`s. Have already selected missile for defence (mosquito). Go into battle, missile`s start flying at me and not one of my mosquito missiles was used ?? Like i say i did select the mosquito`s before i entered combat and it all seemed to work ok but not a single mosquito was fired in defence against enemys. Do i have to have them set in my missile bay or not ? thanks for any tips.

Sodium

PostPosted: Sat, 25. Oct 08, 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Would be great if you made this into an spk!

Also would be great if you made NPC's be able to use this script, would make the game much more realistic, instead of the npc's using the current method of turning and burning. If they have missiles they should use them as countermeasures, if not they should turn and burn.

Tiedyeguy

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

SpongeBobSpacepants wrote:
Erm, is it me or does this script not work correctly Confused I`ve installed it, set my hotkey`s. Have already selected missile for defence (mosquito). Go into battle, missile`s start flying at me and not one of my mosquito missiles was used ?? Like i say i did select the mosquito`s before i entered combat and it all seemed to work ok but not a single mosquito was fired in defence against enemys. Do i have to have them set in my missile bay or not ? thanks for any tips.
It sounds to me like you set your missiles, then in battle you hit the hotkey again to launch previously selected missiles at the oncoming missiles... it isn't an automatic feature like MDM that came with Bonus Pack for X3:R.

Kilrathi Avenger

MEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Nov 08, 12:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Makita wrote:
reanor wrote:

Amen to that!

Massive agreement here Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

jlehtone

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Nov 08, 13:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you do prefer Missile Defence Mosquito (MDM) by Lucike, then you install and use it. No point in asking for it in this script's (MDH) thread.

But IMO, moggy2's script is a good alternative. It does exactly what you tell it to do, while MDM makes the decisions by itself. And preprogrammed logic is always preprogammed; not optimal in every situation. Besides, MDM needs one of the ship's two additional task slots.

redleaf123

PostPosted: Thu, 27. Nov 08, 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Kilrathi Avenger wrote:
Makita wrote:
reanor wrote:

Amen to that!

Massive agreement here Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Actually, I believe Lucike has done it already - it's in the german forum under his script collection (and it has an english /t file as well).

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216745 is the entire script collection, and the mosquito defence is called Raketenabwehr Moskito (forum is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216794 )

I've installed it ok, even re-packaged using cycrow's Xplugin - seems to work fine, with the caveat I have not yet used it in anger!

[edit]
I forgot to say I do also use this script, for ships with no mosquitos or for when I want more control or to fry incoming without wasting a missile. Very useful, thanks moggy2
[/edit]

redleaf