X3:TC Map No Frills FIXED LINK

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 07:40

@ 3D_Master : Thank You 8)

@ Gazz : Thank you , I much prefer single page layout.. :thumb_up:
jlehtone wrote:Several participants seem to have been upset by the existence of differing opinions.

The universe is neither so crazy that we can't understand it all nor so predictable that there's nothing left for us to discover. (from 'Jungles of Randomness'- Ivars Peterson)
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -- Humphrey Bogart

Painman
x3tc

Post by Painman » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 08:05

Yes, thanks indeed, 3D_Master.

Though I spent quite a few minutes scanning Argon 148 for that jumpgate that isn't really there

:lol:

I wonder if it's actually
Spoiler
Show
Aldrin, which isn't on the last version of the map that I looked at.

ukdj78
x4

Post by ukdj78 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 21:18

3D_Master wrote:I'm sure some of these bases are different.

I started a new game since doing the map, and I'm finding them in different places, either I missed a load before (Not that many surely) or some are random!

Dunno which, it maybe an idea to remove them from the map.
Thanks for the map 3D_Master.

I remember pretty much all of the bases you've marked from my X3R days so those definitely are not random, I suppose it's possible that there might be a certain number of fixed bases and a few random ones thrown in for good measure! Another possibility is that they are in slightly different locations depending on which starting point you choose?

Anyway, here's another possible missed pirate base (if they're not random!). I haven't destroyed any pirate bases yet, and I started fairly recently from the Terran starting position. I've given exact co-ordinates to help you check this one out, but you shouldn't really need them, I picked it up on a triplex scanner more or less as soon as I entered the sector :)
Spoiler
Show
It's in the unknown sector to the west of Xenon 534 @ 3.3km, -6.63km , -20.2km, right next to a broken gate!

fishface60

Post by fishface60 » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 10:26

There's a Pirate base in
Spoiler
Show
Nyana's Hideout
in my game.
There probably is an essence of random in it.

3D_Master
x3tc

Post by 3D_Master » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 22:24

Bump.

Being as I've seen a fair few topics asking about a map.
Whilst all answers are replies, not all replies are answers

cheeseburger

Post by cheeseburger » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 08:10

Nice maps! If you need a host, tell me and I'll put an account with ftp on x-resource.org

RBBOT

File format

Post by RBBOT » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 14:47

Can I suggest you save it as an 8-bit PNG instead of a JPEG. Converting the JPEG reduces it from 1.4Mb to 420Kb - if you save the original source image as PNG without there being any JPEG artifacts, I'd imagine it would be smaller still.

ukdj78
x4

Post by ukdj78 » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 19:17

There's a small error with one of the sector names. I've been using this map for ages now and I've only just spotted it! The sector below Cho's Defeat is called Patriarch's Keep not Patriarch's Defeat :wink:

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 08:15

brilliant map but after I`ve printed it I can`t read it I`ve tried all my printer is capable of I wouldn`t mind being able to print it in 2 halves but I can`t do that either, any ideas?

3D_Master
x3tc

Post by 3D_Master » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 12:03

@ eskeemer
I print it out in two halves, from the bottom up, that way I get the 'old' sectors on one sheet of A4, and the 'Sol' sectors on the other. (That's why I left a gap :) )

That way I have loads of room for note taking, and I take a lot.

Make sure you reduce the margin, header, and footer values on your print setup, as most setups leave huge gaps around the paper.

@ukdj78
Yeah your right :( I noticed that myself a few days ago. Will fix soon.

@ RBBOT
I had to get someone else to host for me, as my space is full, and has rubbish bandwidth restrictions, so don't wanna p**s folks off sensing them another version.
Once I get some space of my own sorted, I'll redo the format etc.

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 14:56

it probably seems a daft question but how do you print the map in 2 halves Iv`e got an HP F2290 and I can`t fathom it out :cry:

3D_Master
x3tc

Post by 3D_Master » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 20:46

What program are you printing it from?

Use any photo editing package (Photoshop, Coral, PSP, etc) not any standard windows printing rubbish.

Then in print or page setup, you can adjust what you print.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sat, 8. Nov 08, 10:01

Just noticed that Pirate and Yaki sectors share the same color. Why? Wouldn't it be more uhm... something for them to be in different colors, like Argon and Terran?

summon_libre

Post by summon_libre » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 19:30

Nice map, though I don't seem to have half of those pirate bases in my game. Gonna be extinct before long :(

Also, Bad Dept?. :P

Grims

Post by Grims » Sat, 14. Mar 09, 04:53

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to point out it's Patriarch's Keep, not Retreat.

mattig89ch

Post by mattig89ch » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 15:47

yea, i'm trying to download this map and there is not link for the original.

mattig89ch

Post by mattig89ch » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 17:04

oh, my apologies. didn't realize that.

is there another sector map in these forums then?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sat, 21. Nov 09, 17:11

mattig89ch wrote:yea, i'm trying to download this map and there is not link for the original.
Try the other links, or you could PM the OP (although since he hasn't posted for several months you may not get a response).

There are some other maps in the Guides sticky in the main forum (in the stats compendiums as well as just maps).
Deadbeat_Spinn wrote:Probably because this thread is over a year old.
For a guide/reference thread the age is not always relevant - there are far older threads which are still updated.

However, since the OP doesn't seem to be around and the map is a little out of date, Ill lock this for now.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”