[Bug?] Capital Ships jumping and docked ships

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Aramova
x4

[Bug?] Capital Ships jumping and docked ships

Post by Aramova » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:44

When commanding a capital ship to jump to a sector from remote, they do not jump with the landed ships which are on them.

When you are in direct command and jump a capital ship, it brings the landed ships along.

Game version: Steam US v1.2

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 08:49

That seems really unlikely to me. Are you sure the ships in question actually finished docking?

Aramova
x4

Post by Aramova » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:40

Sandalpocalypse wrote:That seems really unlikely to me. Are you sure the ships in question actually finished docking?
I've gone back and done some testing. You're correct, but I've been able to repeat the error.

The ships are in a Wing (Silver).

They are docked in the carrier.

The wing is set to protect the carrier. (When a hostile arrives, they instantly undock and engage)

While wing is set to protect the carrier:
If you jump the carrier from remote, it will not bring the ships docked.
If you jump the carrier while the pilot, it WILL bring the ships docked.

While wing is set to None (docked, with no goal):
They will come with the carrier every time.

To verify the wing was not undocked and fighting, I had advanced satellites in the area of the carrier, and checked the sector map to ensure all ships were still docked, along with the property list, which showed them docked in the carrier.

Hope this helps.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 09:46

Ahh that makes much more sense. It's the wing command futzing up i guess.

Aramova
x4

Post by Aramova » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 01:21

Done some more testing with it using the posted cheats to load some more carriers/ships.

Only happens when the docked wing is set to a task, otherwise if they are simply docked and set to None they will jump along with the carrier.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”