failure to install Game

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

argoran
x3tc

failure to install Game

Post by argoran » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 01:49

Hi, I am just about to install the game for the first time and I get a CRC error ( cyclic redundancy error ) on 01.dat the exact error is :
" C:\Progarm Files (x86)\EGOSFT\Terran conflict\01.dat
N error occured while trying to copy a file
Data error (cyclic redundancy error )
Click retry ti try again ....etc )
I have just popped the disc in no mods or add-ins yet - the game was bought from Amazon.co.uk.
I'm using Vista 64 bit
Any ideas?
Thanks
War isn't about sacrificing your life for your country, its about making the bastard on the other side do it for his.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 02:24

It's either a bad disk or a bad drive. If you have another drive or PC you can try it in then you can work out which. If it turns out to be a bad disk then Amazon should be able to exchange it for you.

Ajy170
x3tc

Post by Ajy170 » Sun, 19. Oct 08, 03:12

IT's a bad disc mate. Had it happen to me a few times when burning files to blank media and its stuffed up along the way. Never had it happen to me on a purchased "stamped" disc though, but from the past 9 odd years of burning backups of crucial files only to have that freaking error pop up.....

Try it another drive, I have some good strike rates with pioneer and lite-on first, but it is most likely a dead disc :(

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”