EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Factory ON/OFF switch ...
View previous topic :: View next topic
NeckCuttah

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 13. Apr 09, 04:26    Post subject: Factory ON/OFF switch ... Reply with quote Print

Hi,

I was wondering if anything like this is floating around that hasn't popped up on my radar.

Here's what I'm looking to do. Turn off a factory. Not take it away, but just turn it off temporarily. For example, I had accidentally purchased an unwanted factory, but didn't realize that it was in the holding bay of my mammoth until the medication wore off. So I flew to a Xenon sector and dumped it pretty far off the main grid. Figured that the little buggers would go after the station and I could tool around the sectore with relative ease. Nope. There it sits. Blinking. Way off the grid. So I may build on this later, but for now, just want to turn it off.

Second, and what I'd really like, is an ON/OFF switch for a portion of a factory loop. For example, after the HUB mission, I'm going to have a ton of factories in these loops making crystals and microchips. Already the crystal bins are full and they're not flying off the shelves. Looks like the global economy has hit the X universe as well. I would like to have the ability to either take 40 of the 50 crystal fabs offline that are in a loop, but if that is impossible, I would settle for just turning off crystal production altogether. This way I can switch my resources to focus on other products.

This type of ON/OFF switch may already be included in some sort of station management product with other features, however I would like to get my hands on just a simple script to do this. Maybe it can fake the station to think that it has a full load of products and stop producing. Just throwing things out. Don't know how to script, but have a few running.

Thanks in advance for any ideas or help. Have a great Easter!!

Lucike

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 13. Apr 09, 09:24    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The CAG can do that.

Happy Easter
Lucike

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 13. Apr 09, 18:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sweet! Thanks!!!

EDIT:
The CAG is a really nice utility. Thanks again for that! However, it's a little heavy for what I'm trying to do. I have a lot of other micro management items going on that I like to keep my fingers in. Adds to my immersion level. But would really like it if there was just a little ol command to just shut down production of a factory, or a portion of a factory complex. As previously mentioned, I don't know the interworkings of scripting, but would think that it would be a fairly simple switch that could be turned on and off.

For example. Go to the command menu for a station or a complex and depending on which, there will be a new option in the menu. Choose the option to shut down the station (everybody go on vacation) or if it's a hub, choose which station(s) to activate/de-activate (downsizing)

All apologies if this request is supposed to be entered in a different thread.