X3TC Steam Decrypt taking a long time

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Aziz
x3tc

X3TC Steam Decrypt taking a long time

Post by Aziz » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:42

Not sure on exactly where this should be posted, but since the Tech Support forum is pretty empty and there's a lot of X3TC stuff going on here, I think it's appropriate.

I preloaded X3TC a few days ago, and was surprised today when I saw it was ready to play. But then it had to "decrypt files". It gets to 50% immediately then to 57% in a few seconds. I takes about 5 minutes to get past 57%, where it gets to 98% over the next 5 minutes or so. I waited for 10 minutes at 98% before I restarted the process, which I am still waiting at (currently 57% again).

Any suggestions?

VisigothX
x4

Post by VisigothX » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:45

If your computer is thinking (aka, HD access light is blinking like crazy) it's working... don't interrupt it!

Dungeoncrawler
x3tc

Post by Dungeoncrawler » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:47

VisigothX wrote:If your computer is thinking (aka, HD access light is blinking like crazy) it's working... don't interrupt it!
Yea, don't mess with it. This is perfectly normal. Mine was stuck on 57% for about 20 minutes. It then went quickly into the 90's and stuck there for maybe 10 minutes. Be patient :).

Dc

EventHorizon
x4

Post by EventHorizon » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:47

Yeah, leave it till it's done :)

Sorry, that may seem rather abrupt. You have to remember that you downloaded about 8GB of data (I'm still waiting for the Egosoft shop to post my copy so I am guessing the size). Steam uses rather powerful encryption which takes quite a lot of CPU power and (due to the size) a lot of RAM and hard disk time. No idea how long it will actually take, but Bioshock took half an hour on my computer (which is no slouch).

If your pushed for time just leave it over night, and set your computer to turn off automatically after 2 hours.
Windows 10 x64
Intel i5 4460
16 GB DDR3 1333Mhz Dual Channel
AMD Radeon R9 380 4GB
Saitek X52

ADNoland
xr

Post by ADNoland » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:50

Mine took... mmm... 3 minutes? I admit my comp was running slow and STEAM locked up the first time I tried, so I restarted, began the unlock, three minutes later I was updating. I am running a quad core CPU though. Dunno if that has anything to do with it.

Aziz
x3tc

Post by Aziz » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 00:51

You're right :D it's finished and READY TO PLAY. See you in a few weeks!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 17. Oct 08, 01:01

The X3TC Tech Support forum is temporarily open to those who haven't registered their game yet, because of the issue with Steam registration. That is the appropriate place for this thread, so I'll move it there.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”