Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 32316 on topic
|Posted: Thu, 11. Sep 08, 12:33 Post subject: Welcome - please read this first
|Hi, and welcome,
General Forum Behaviour, for all members including moderators and admins
Please respect all the rules in order to make your stay here an enjoyable one for yourself and all other users
1. Absolutely no one is to use abuse of a personal nature against another forum member. If you are offended by another users' post or conduct, try to contact that user directly to peacefully resolve the issue. In most cases a single PM can solve misunderstandings quickly. If you do not succeed, please contact a moderator for assistance.
2. Mild swearing is permitted. Minors do use these boards. Please bear that in mind. A 'swear filter' is in place on these forums, but users who consistently rely on it in their posts will be warned against doing so.
3. Images, links or any other content that other forum users may find obscene or offensive, will not be tolerated. This includes but is not limited to sexism, racism, incitement to violence and extreme religious and political views. Users breaking this rule will be dealt with severely.
4. Any form of commercial advertising will not be tolerated (except by us, obviously).
5. Any discussion or links to "Warez", illegal software or sites with content that is not in line with the law of the host country AND the posting country will not be tolerated. This is not limited to the X game series.
6. Spam will not be tolerated. Please also ensure that when posting a new thread, your topic title is relevant and not just an 'attention grabber' i.e. HELLLPPPP!!!!!
7. Signatures should total no larger than 600 pixels wide and 150 pixels high, including all images and text. This means you can have up to 6 lines of text maximum or an image up to 150 pixels high, but not both. Avatars are limited to 80 x 80 pixels. The total combined size for both signature and avatar should not exceed 50kb.
8. Images posted should not exceed 640 x 480 and 100kb in size
9. Discussion of any action taken by the site in relation to a user (i.e. a banning or a warning) is not permitted. This includes discussions about locked topics.
10. We have an excellent FAQ. You can link search here or perform a detailed search here. 'Bumping' (replying to a thread not discussed since a long time ago) of old or out of date topics is not encouraged.
11. Links to 3rd party websites containing material or content posted by a banned user are not permitted and may be removed at the discretion of a site administrator and moderator. Owners of 3rd party sites should therefore be aware that a user may affect their site and should ensure that reciprocal action is be taken if required or asked.
Forum User Agreement
While the administrators and moderators of this forum will attempt to remove or edit any generally objectionable material as quickly as possible, it is impossible to review every message. Therefore you acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the views and opinions of the author and not the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-oriented or any other material that may violate any applicable laws. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned (and your service provider being informed). The IP address of all posts is recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that the webmaster, administrator and moderators of this forum have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any Hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
By using these forums you agree to be bound by these conditions.
Both a moderator and a site admin is within their rights to ask you for your game's forum registration. This will not reveal personal information, and as such, failure to provide this on demand without any reasonable explanation may be dealt with severely.
Queries or complaints
For a question or complaint about the forum, your forum account, or another user, please contact your relevant moderator.
For a question about your game registration or complaint about a moderator, please contact the site admin.
Special notes for the "Technical Support" Forum:
This forum is for people encountering difficulties in getting their game to run or for non-Devnet members to report what they consider to be a bug. It is not a forum for general technical advice - for that please post in the Off Topic forum .