NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 14:23

'My Missions' interface :rofl:
Microsoft eat your heart out,
beep beep :'you have missions'

Good info in the voice-over, a bit lacking in interest in the video I thought,
still can't give to much away....

But damn good to have further insight :thumb_up:

jc-desk1
x3tc

Post by jc-desk1 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 14:48

I too am rather sick of games that need immediate patchwork to keep them in operational condition. You pay $45.0+ for a ame and the thing will not work scarecly a few seconds to a few hours before crash-time! unacceptible.. But at least egososft does a nice job of making a n exciting game and one that is very replayable - and now very extensible and modifable.

Nice job/and will buy the game soon...

[And perhaps a newwer computer as well... ]
jt-desk loves X3!

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 16:59

I definitely saw a trade-lane in that video.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 17:03

THINK - I think I love the whole new mission interface direction. Excellent work ES X3R was screaming out for a better BBS system and more easily accessed missions. I have to admit the more I am hearing about TC the more impressed I am.

Now it is just a question of hoping the game is released without the need for major patches, and also that the publishers push this game to the fore as much as possible.

ES deserve a big success with X3TC for all the hard work they put in, and for encouraging and enlisting the talent that is so obviously out there among the community. :)
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 17:24

But where was the THINK? As elusive as the BUILD of the earlier trailer.
You are guided visually through the up to five missions you can take simultaneously.
"Guided visually"? Hello, I'll do the Think myself if I'm allowed, no matter how attractive the bridge bunnies would look holding my hand.

"Up to five simultaneously"? A new limit on how much I'm allowed to do. Sorry, X2 and X3:R had no such obvious limitations. I've done four missions simultaneously without any guiding, and I'm sure that -- Almighty RNG willing -- I could have even more simultaneous jobs.

Every new revelation increases the eerie feeling, just like before X3:R. So everything seems to be on the track. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 17:45

jlehtone wrote:But where was the THINK? As elusive as the BUILD of the earlier trailer.
I THINK the reason for that is the fact that it is just a teaser. Besides to me the thinking is always in the gaps between. More missions means extra choice and so on. Plus they are eluding to the fact that the new Player owned base has changed the way the universe operates. Perhaps that means aggressive npc factions with their own bases too?

As to the visual guide bit that is probably there for immersion as much as anything else (not a bad thing) and for those of us with defective memories who need reminding of what they have taken on when juggling multiple objectives. I doubt it will be a dumbing down hand holding exercise.

I can't imagine the five missions thing being a new limitation either probably the opposite: a move to encourage players to run multiple missions at once rather than one at a time. I am hoping it means the actual plot may not be as liner as before. After all you could only do one plot mission at a time before previously as you had to unlock them in sequence.

As ever the video introduces as many questions as it provides answers but that seems to be Egosoft's preferred means of generating interest via hinting and increasing speculation rather than providing us with lots of hard facts.

For me one of the biggest things is the fact you can now pick missions up in space. Also the simple fact that their has been a deliberate focus with X3TC on missions (something known for a while but no one said if this was plot or BBS style missions or both).

I trust these changes will mean both: more, and more elaborate and improved mission content in general. We should have plenty to do outside of our more personal build up agendas. Something very important for players who find the sandbox approach a bit empty of structure. This way you get the best of both worlds plenty of variety with easily accessed missions when you want them.

It also looks like those fleets might have more of a use. :)
Jlehtone wrote:Every new revelation increases the eerie feeling, just like before X3:R. So everything seems to be on the track.
Jlehtone, I thought I was the one who was Paranoid around here :)
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

Al
x3tc

Post by Al » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 18:18

I'm not making any jdugement until its playing on my pc but its looking good and gives me some confidence in it being released on time :)
X2 Capture Guru - X3:TC Noob :D
X2 Capture Guide

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 18:22

Interesting trailer, i still don't like no cockpits or interior docking being left out still and to add salt to the wound the weapons still look pap and sprite based and all samey with just big white or coloured balls of stuff as usual. And the explosions don't match the quality of the rest of the game still i.e low res explosions.

I dunno why they don't have the cool weapons from the older x games as i remember the hept looking really nice in xbtf i think it was or maybe was x2 i dunno.

Ah well, sry guys if im always disappointed all the time i just don't like the direction some things are going as its moving away from a complex space sim to a more basic space game i guess to attract more ppl i guess is their goal.

The only thing im happy to see, is the plot seems to be well developed well ok we don't know but from what i have seen it looks like it has cgi instead of in-game graphics for the cut scenes which is a big plus in my book, and that they are paying attention to the lack of missions and availability of them so its nice to see this TC game will bring more missions and finally a variable mission structure which is branched so you can take multiple paths like in colony wars, or at least thats the impression i got.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:03

I hope their is an enemy this time......
I don't mean the odd random turn up of Kaa'k, i mean a genuine reason to own an armarda. I would like to see both factions, and individuals building empires that will inevitably clash and cause wars that need fleets to fight!!!

Those individuals, like yourself, with empires should be given a faction name and colours and so form aliances and enemy's.

Also the ability to name your ships....and see those names on the side would be nice aswell!!

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:19

jlehtone wrote:What should one think.
i think its going to be F-ing brilliant i cant wait
[Insert sig here]

bladeuk
x3tc

Post by bladeuk » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:20

Poacher886 wrote:I hope their is an enemy this time......
I don't mean the odd random turn up of Kaa'k, i mean a genuine reason to own an armarda.
It did mention the return of the terraformers (Xenon) more advanced and bent on mankinds destruction

I for one relish a fight! :twisted:

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:30

bladeuk wrote:
Poacher886 wrote:I hope their is an enemy this time......
I don't mean the odd random turn up of Kaa'k, i mean a genuine reason to own an armarda.
It did mention the return of the terraformers (Xenon) more advanced and bent on mankinds destruction

I for one relish a fight! :twisted:
and they are going to destroy the universe using thier giant glowing toilet roll :D
[Insert sig here]

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:47

Yea, but random battles from Xenon just because their racist with no real strategic or meaning on their part loses any reason behind the battle itself!!

If a rival faction / cartel wanted 'your' sector to expand its joined Empire and started a personal war against you for that reason, then you would have a cause, reason, and meaning to gaining an Armarda and battling for the sector!!

Thats what i would like to see...

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:52

Poacher886 wrote:Yea, but random battles from Xenon just because their racist with no real strategic or meaning on their part loses any reason behind the battle itself!!

If a rival faction / cartel wanted 'your' sector to expand its joined Empire and started a personal war against you for that reason, then you would have a cause, reason, and meaning to gaining an Armarda and battling for the sector!!

The problem is when do they start attacking you.
I mean some people go for destroyers first chance they get others build cash and empires first and then invest.
For the others to start attacking you the parameters shouldn't be gamedays or money alone but how many fighting ships you have.
I mean if somebody has 100 freighters and they start the attack that person is toast.
If he has 50m3 he has a chance

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 19:58

loved it.. cant wait to get my hands on the game.

The new Xenon CPU is amazing, certainly they are making X3 be better than anything created before.

I bet they are really taking into account all the ideas suggested, never seen such an active community over a game in my life!

Hope the pirates are a real threat in certain areas and that sector police respond to threats accordingly!

Ohh! and the AI and.. :)

Looks good!

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:07

Indeed. The day I see it in the store is the day it goes home with me...

That said, I wonder if current mod tools will still work with it. Muhahahaha.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:31

I think there moving scripting into a external application or is it just mission director that's external?
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:37

xeon_1 wrote:
Poacher886 wrote:Yea, but random battles from Xenon just because their racist with no real strategic or meaning on their part loses any reason behind the battle itself!!

The problem is when do they start attacking you.
I mean some people go for destroyers first chance they get others build cash and empires first and then invest.
For the others to start attacking you the parameters shouldn't be gamedays or money alone but how many fighting ships you have.
I mean if somebody has 100 freighters and they start the attack that person is toast.
If he has 50m3 he has a chance

They start attacking you when you become a nusiance to them, i.e you are in the way of their plans and empire....

If your in the way of their empire, you must already have some significance.. Also diplomicy with them, would warn you off this!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:38

The MSCI will not be moving to an external application. The MD uses XML files that can be edited in any XML editor, but preferably one that supports XML schemas.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:40

I'm kinda surprised no one has mentioned this yet:

http://www.kochmedia.de/haendler/shop/p ... 08445D.jsf

Translated bits from German page:

Publication date: 26.09.2008 (without obligation)
Not yet available. Order now, we supply, as soon as the commodity arrives with us.
CONDITION FOR SYSTEM Operating system: Windows XP/Vista CCU: 2.0 GHz Pentium od. 100% compatible processor
Memory (RAM): starting from 1 GB RAM
CD-ROM: DVD drive assembly necessarily
Diagram map: 256 MT 3D DirectX 9 Compatible video card (emergency onboard) with pixel Shader 2,0 support
Additive: Windows XP (SP-2)/Vista (FR 1), 5 GB of free fixed disks, Mouse and key board or Joystick or Gamepad
Last edited by em3e3 on Thu, 28. Aug 08, 20:50, edited 1 time in total.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”