NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

KreXx
x4

Post by KreXx » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 00:24

CBJ wrote:We're still working on it. Our end is now OK and we're just waiting on Steam to get their end into the same state.
okay, that's all i wanted to know. Thought you forget us... :D

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 00:33

hey, you guys.. :)

I haven't the time to read the preceding 145 pages, but..

I'd just like to say a monster THANK YOU to all you back-room guys
you've created a masterpiece - a superb achievement by all concerned..

- cheers!! :D :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

The Great Destroyer

Post by The Great Destroyer » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 02:49

Here is a Bernd interview that was released just today.

Kajan451
x3tc

Post by Kajan451 » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:04

Seeing a couple questions have been answered already in this one, i hope i could get some Dev/Official Answer here.

I am wondering if the inability to use jumpdrive within the Terran Sectors and to buy Terran Stations is a bug of an intended feature?

Or rather, will that be changed in a future patch?

I mean, i can understand, from a story perspective, that the Terrans are cautious, but i think that once i completed the Terran Story Arc and am being allowed to fly to Earth itself, i think i should be allowed to build my own Terran empire, using Jumpdrives within the Terran Space and all that. Afterall i have proven myself to be trustworthy.

So my question is simply... will this be changed in the future? (Its the last game of the series and i really would love to be able to play it as endless game - which also means to me terrans become more open to the others)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 11:24

It's an intended feature. The Terran Trans-Orbital Accelerators are not jumpgates and cannot be used as the target for the jumpdrive. Remember that the Terrans are extremely cautious, and if you could target the gates to jump straight in then so could the Xenon, the race the Terrans have the most reason to fear.

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:06

Sandalpocalypse wrote:On that note, I'd like note that the pirate osprey paintjob is simply stellar, above and beyond, nice job guys. ;)
Agreed. I like the paintjobs on the pirate M6's, although it would be cool to see them on the larger pirate ships too.
Sandalpocalypse wrote: TGD: Pirate Centaurs still arn't that tough, but they have significantly more shielding than in X3R and their turret arcs are better and they sometimes have mass drivers. (!)
Just don't attack them from the front - a face full of CIGs is not very fun.
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Eriru Drourojj
x4

Post by Eriru Drourojj » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 14:50

CBJ Can you give any hints on upcoming content/updates for terran conflict like as above mentioned about being able to own/purchase terran stations and orbital lifters?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 15:07

Nope.

Black Gryphon
x4

Post by Black Gryphon » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 16:43

I buy not being able to jump to the accelerators but why can't we jump to the jump beacon at Mars?

Ecthelion
x4

Post by Ecthelion » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:21

Black Gryphon wrote:I buy not being able to jump to the accelerators but why can't we jump to the jump beacon at Mars?
I'm guessing that it has to do with the Terran's xenophobia and paranoia. Not allowing jumps into their space (beyond Asteroid Belt) is a way of adding additional sectors as a buffer against attacks.

You could argue that they should trust you with a high Terran rep (or completed Terran campaign), but what's to prevent someone from stealing your ship and using it to attack them?
Windows Windows 7 Release Candidate (64-bit)
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
ATI HD 4850 1024MB
8GB RAM

-----------------------------------------------------
Pirate Identification Guide

Nightwatch
x3tc

Post by Nightwatch » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 20:26

Black Gryphon wrote:I buy not being able to jump to the accelerators but why can't we jump to the jump beacon at Mars?
Mars is only one jump from the Jump Gate at the asteroid belt anyway
<--- Stings like a butterfly. Flies like a brick.

See My X videos here http://uk.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=24E544BDA13A0125

Snatcher42
x3tc

Post by Snatcher42 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 04:32

Glowing review on IGN:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/925/925197p1.html
(Sorry if it's already been posted)

"Lovingly concocted, generally well executed, and hampered only by a few niggles, this is a game that not only achieves its goal -- plunking us into another time and place to live the life of an entrepreneurial spaceman -- but shows us that some titles can truly take us places."

Congrats Egosoft!

AjaxDude
x3tc

Post by AjaxDude » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 05:43

GamesRadar gave it a 9/10. :)

I still dont get why IGN gave the graphics a lower score if they said they kick ass. It doesn't matter about the performace. Its about how they look. :sceptic:
How can one player flying one ship defeat a big gang of pirates?

Good flying, or reinforcements. Lots of reinforcements.

Snatcher42
x3tc

Post by Snatcher42 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 06:23

Well I think the gripe was that the graphics aren't optimized to run well on reasonable hardware. But they do point out that Egosoft doesn't "exactly have the pockets of Electronic Arts", which makes rough edges like that understandable and what they have managed all the more impressive.

kmiller1610
x3tc

Post by kmiller1610 » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 16:01

AjaxDude wrote:GamesRadar gave it a 9/10. :)

I still dont get why IGN gave the graphics a lower score if they said they kick ass. It doesn't matter about the performace. Its about how they look. :sceptic:
Man do I disagree with that. This game has great potential. I love the mission structure and the new stuff, but the game is at least 40% slower than X3_Reunion on my machine and that is with me turning the graphics down to minimum. All I really care about is gameplay. Pretty pictures don't cut it with me.

So please optimize this puppy. X3: Reunion was slow in the beginning too, so I expect it to get better.

Mythrantar
xr

Post by Mythrantar » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 20:46

Not much to say other than a huge THANK YOU! to Egosoft for this amazing game!

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:34

There's a new Screenshot online. :)

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 17:17

WTF is that. What ever it is, I want
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

Wurtzel
x4

Post by Wurtzel » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:41

It's a military supply base probably in.........
Spoiler
Show
Grimm's Escape
I THINK, SO THEREFORE I AM

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 23:01

Spoiler
Show
Souldnt that be Ghinns escape?

You will be telling me there is a secror called Garry Boltons Depravation next.
Warning the above contains childish "In" humour that only the older forum members and mods will get.
I will appologise now. Im just frustrated with the protect goner mission and eyes and ears.
Just trying to cheer myself up as nobody seems to have any answers atm.

FTI

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”