NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 21:27

Hmm i knew the cpu ships where round but somebody is obviously a stargate fan since that cpu ship looks pretty much like the back end of replicator ship.
Not that i am complain i loved those ships.

And that new solar power plant is massive it will be fun to dogfight arround.

Gothsheep
x3tc

Post by Gothsheep » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:25

zenbuda wrote:
KloHunt3r wrote:So for Terran Conflict we'll be fighting a giant, cybernetic, toilet paper roll? :D
It looks sweet like you could fly through the belly of the beast (red glow) even if it looks like bio-plasmic organism/toilet paper roll/Kilrathy battle ship/borg pod thingy :D

course you might come out looking like a toaster
Man, that is totally the alien spaceship from Star Trek 4. The one that went to Earth to talk to whales.

TonViper
x3tc

Post by TonViper » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:37

Nah, the one from Star Trek was smooth. It definitely resembles a replicator ship the most.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:39

The shape and glowy bit in center kinda also reminds me of the planet killer from st tos.
[ external image ]
7600x cpu 5.4ghz 32gb DDR5 5600mhz 6700XT 32" 1440p mon

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:43

KloHunt3r wrote:I'm really looking forward to the new Terran stations. They really deliver a far more significant sense of scale than those of the original X3: Reunion space stations.

Terran architecture has a very clean, efficient style to it. It reminds me of mid-twentieth century science-fiction literature.
same, im glad that stations will finally look different now!
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 27. Aug 08, 23:52

Friggin awesome screens on that blog post. The Xenon station is awesome. The CPU is awesome.

this game's going to be awesome.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 03:58

I get the feeling we're going to see a hell of a lot more of the Xenon this game!!!!

Maybe even a few words from the box itself... wouldn't that be nice!

Showdown
x3tc

Post by Showdown » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 04:55

That was a good read.

I can't get enough of the Xenon, bring 'em on :D

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 04:56

That Terraformer CPU just looks huge. I would not doubt if it turns out to be the biggest non-planet object in space.
Those other pics look great also. Nice to get to know some of the talent behind X3TC.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

roy69
x3tc

Post by roy69 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 11:08

Looks like we are in for a treat with this one.
Here`s hoping the release date comes forward and not backward. :)

heldar
x3tc

Post by heldar » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 12:20

as long as its released when its working correctly,so fed up with games being released before they should be and needing a patch almost as soon as the realease,

X3TC is looking mighty fine so far,cant wait to get into it,more screenys would be nice

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 12:43

heldar wrote:as long as its released when its working correctly,so fed up with games being released before they should be and needing a patch almost as soon as the realease,

X3TC is looking mighty fine so far,cant wait to get into it,more screenys would be nice
yea im sure they wont let this one be like reunion

i do hope they put some real form of sector capturing in the game, id sure like to make my own nation once i have an armada.
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 13:50

What should one think.

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 13:53

yippee new trailer

edit: just watched it.
And i like the little hint about the conflict and those stations damm.
The new mission system i a breath of fresh air.
And the scene with the discover flying true that station :o

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 14:19

Looking forward to this release more than all the big budget games that are coming over the next few months.

Kudos to all the mod and script makers out there for making me continue to return to X3 over and over again everytime I see a new mod released!

I hope X3:TC is no exception and continues to give the mod and script community lots more great ideas!
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 14:23

'My Missions' interface :rofl:
Microsoft eat your heart out,
beep beep :'you have missions'

Good info in the voice-over, a bit lacking in interest in the video I thought,
still can't give to much away....

But damn good to have further insight :thumb_up:

jc-desk1
x3tc

Post by jc-desk1 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 14:48

I too am rather sick of games that need immediate patchwork to keep them in operational condition. You pay $45.0+ for a ame and the thing will not work scarecly a few seconds to a few hours before crash-time! unacceptible.. But at least egososft does a nice job of making a n exciting game and one that is very replayable - and now very extensible and modifable.

Nice job/and will buy the game soon...

[And perhaps a newwer computer as well... ]
jt-desk loves X3!

Demotruk
x3tc

Post by Demotruk » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 16:59

I definitely saw a trade-lane in that video.

Paranoid66
x3tc

Post by Paranoid66 » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 17:03

THINK - I think I love the whole new mission interface direction. Excellent work ES X3R was screaming out for a better BBS system and more easily accessed missions. I have to admit the more I am hearing about TC the more impressed I am.

Now it is just a question of hoping the game is released without the need for major patches, and also that the publishers push this game to the fore as much as possible.

ES deserve a big success with X3TC for all the hard work they put in, and for encouraging and enlisting the talent that is so obviously out there among the community. :)
Beyond 'X' Far future (Fanfic): BkI BkII BkIII

Never more than 98.8 percent sure about anything.
98.8 percent sure that anyone who is 100 percent certain needs re-educating for the sake of humanity.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 28. Aug 08, 17:24

But where was the THINK? As elusive as the BUILD of the earlier trailer.
You are guided visually through the up to five missions you can take simultaneously.
"Guided visually"? Hello, I'll do the Think myself if I'm allowed, no matter how attractive the bridge bunnies would look holding my hand.

"Up to five simultaneously"? A new limit on how much I'm allowed to do. Sorry, X2 and X3:R had no such obvious limitations. I've done four missions simultaneously without any guiding, and I'm sure that -- Almighty RNG willing -- I could have even more simultaneous jobs.

Every new revelation increases the eerie feeling, just like before X3:R. So everything seems to be on the track. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”