NEWS: X3: Terran Conflict news, all in one place for your convenience - 22-10-08

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 01:00

Too bad there won't be any standees of the Xgirl in Gamestop. That is about the only way I can afford to get one :twisted:

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 02:06

There's an image posted not so long ago with an install screen listing english as a language one can install. Doubt that's the problem (who knows, could be full of all you base are belong to us).

Really wonder how much steam will be selling it for. Guess we will know on the 3rd.

Edit: Thought I added this... it would be really interesting to capture a khaak capital ship. Would be the first time we could actually do it (vanilla). Those things are so much more deadly with a human using the weapons. A KM6 would be really cool if they add one. Guess this being the third game with the little friends it would be good to get away from the combat ranks required to capture them.
Sounds like it will be cheaper to capture compared to outright buying a ship, will just take quite some time to obtain the might able to overcome the target. Would make obtaining Yaki ships simpler too. Mmm, my HQ will have a ton of blueprints :D
Last edited by Aro on Wed, 1. Oct 08, 02:52, edited 1 time in total.

happycamper
x3

Post by happycamper » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 02:15

I hope that large (M1 M1) to very large (M0) capital ships play a more significant role in TC. Boarding a large ship with actual spacesiuted marines sounds intriguing. I like the M0's in XTM as far as design, I love to fly by them in a large scale battle (that is when I own them) and when one is engaged in battle as well. The sheer awesome size of them is a sight to behold however, in X3 the present state for such battles is limited due to issues; ie collision detection, restricted movement (which could be part of a strategic plan). Lets hope in TC having wings and a more robust group management system will useful in a tactical/strategic capacity. Waiting with great anticipation for X3TC!

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 03:05

Jashashunter wrote:
Incubi wrote:
Sandalpocalypse wrote:Don't Panic! It's still on the steam site!
If your ok with having to play an offline game, online, which for me means leaving your antivirus /spyware running while you play.
Common misconception about STEAM and its not true at all. I play X3 on Steam and most of the time do it offline. You only need to be online when you download it. Once its on your computer you dont have to be online. Steam has a mode called OFFLINE MODE. If you close Steam or restart your computer you have to login again but once it has your login info you can play offline all ya want.
OK, so I have a question for you:
Let say at home I download X3:TC to my laptop, login then play the game. Without login out, I put the laptop to Hibernate, then go to school, where port 27K have been blocked. Can I still play X3:TC? (Note that at school I will then have a different IP address than home, or I can choose to not connect to the NW).

At school, all HTTP, HTTPS ports are open, except the game ports in the 27K range are blocked, and there is no way to convince the IT guys to open them.

TIA.

KennethX3Freak

Post by KennethX3Freak » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 03:10

VincentTH wrote:OK, so I have a question for you:
Let say at home I download X3:TC to my laptop, login then play the game. Without login out, I put the laptop to Hibernate, then go to school, where port 27K have been blocked. Can I still play X3:TC? (Note that at school I will then have a different IP address than home, or I can choose to not connect to the NW).

At school, all HTTP, HTTPS ports are open, except the game ports in the 27K range are blocked, and there is no way to convince the IT guys to open them.

TIA.
when you downlaod off of steam, you download the WHOLE game and unzip it and install it to your computer. basically you can download it, then lose internet connection for life, and itll always be there like a built in x3 CD

{Quote-a-thon shrunk - esd}
So i was waiting in Herrons Nebula with SETA, waiting to sell the last load of space fuel, when a khaak fleet jumped in and destroyed everything.

Worst first 5 minutes of a game... EVER!

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 06:44

Never had a problem with hibernate and offline mode... a laptop that can run TC though, that's impressive. ;)

nirwin
x3tc

Post by nirwin » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 10:45

Yes, when you get to school and exit Hibernation mode, steam will notice it can't connect to it's server. It will then enter 'offline mode' where all the games that you played/installed whilst online, will still be available to you, but you will not be able to install a new game that requires steam until you have an internet connection.

NOTE: This only applies if you have the option for "remember my details when I'm offline" (or something similar) selected.

Never had a problem with this system myself, so doubt you will either. You may do well to read the FAQs on the steam website if you are still unsure.

Hope we get the Fight trailer soon.
Last edited by nirwin on Wed, 1. Oct 08, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.
Nirwin
------
Sector Takeover | Unlimited Resources (x2/x3)

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 12:59

One question about the blog.
Blog, September 3rd wrote:Originally we asked Owen Lake, the guy behind the Terran plotline and one of the mission programmers, to write a little article for the blog today.

Unfortunately he had to catch up on his sleep after some really stressful days, trying to kill plot bugs. So while he gets his well deserved rest, let me introduce Ivan Tefalco:
Have you forgotten Owen or is he still sleeping :D ?

Maybe a youg beautiful woman should kiss him awake because it would be nice to see his entry about the missions. :D

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 15:46

Thanks to nirwin and Kenneth. That sells it for me. So I only need to log on to Steam when at home, when I need to install an upgrade. That works for me!

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 17:48

The one thing that puts me off Steam games is the price. I can get them far cheaper from other online retailers than Steam. So much for Steam cutting out the middle mean leading to cheaper games.

Steam are selling CoD4 for $69.99.

Play.com are selling it for £15 with free delivery. Amazon for £14.

The last game I purchased through Steam was quite expensive after the exchange rate and tax calculations had been made. I'll check when I get home and see how much it works out but suffice to say, if I can get it from anywhere else I don't buy it through Steam.
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Chris79ita
x3tc

Post by Chris79ita » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 19:17

Someone know when TC will be downloadable (on steam)?

Demolisher 2
x3tc

Post by Demolisher 2 » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 19:28

Chris79ita wrote:Someone know when TC will be downloadable (on steam)?
Available for preload on the third of october (last time I checked)
This signature is here because it makes my posts look longer and therefore makes me seem like I know what I am talking about - which I do, honest! :wink: For example, the Ray is the best M2 and a Falcon always beats the other M3s, see!

Hey, now that TC is out the Ray does seem to be one of the best M2's. Maybe I had better change my sig...

mojo lojo
x3tc

Post by mojo lojo » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 21:38

danleach wrote:
I hope someone makes a Universe map for this REALLY quickly
Im dying to see the new full X Universe
Talking of maps, does anyone know how many new sectors there are going to be?

I love to explore :D
There may not be Sun on the Dark side of the Moon. But remember... There is always light on the other Side.

jordan kirwan
x3tc

Post by jordan kirwan » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 21:42

90 i think

only 9 days till release whoooo :!: :D
[Insert sig here]

xeon_1
x4

Post by xeon_1 » Wed, 1. Oct 08, 23:48

jordan kirwan wrote:90 i think

That's XTM
I thought i read somewhere in one of the release threads that the number would be arround 240

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 00:15

xeon_1 wrote:
jordan kirwan wrote:90 i think

That's XTM
I thought i read somewhere in one of the release threads that the number would be arround 240
240?

Sigh. I'd better go look at processors.

loftypomme

Post by loftypomme » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 00:39

does anyone know when the fight trailer is coming out?

Predator02
x4

Post by Predator02 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 01:09

It'll come out when it's out.

Do you expect a serious answer? Really?

Sblade
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by Sblade » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 01:21

em3e3 wrote: There was a problem with the English version, and the publisher decided to hold off releasing the other versions until they could fix it. At the same time, Koch Media/DeepSilver are fighting with Enlight on the North American publishing rights - there was a contract in place, but now that Koch has US operations for DeepSilver, they want to keep the sales in house. Steam is/has been a separate distribution method, so they might be able to release to the NA customers.

So, my prediction, Europe will get X3:TC on October 10th, UK will get it on the 17th, and the US will see something by the end of the month.

I love mis-information, look what CBJ said:

CBJ wrote:Just to clarify something here, the game doesn't have to be translated into English. Although Egosoft is a German company, everything is done in English first or in English and German simultaneously.

TC is complete in English, stop mongreling, thanks.
Si las normas te vas a saltar, con el General te vas a encontrar :lol:

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 2. Oct 08, 02:56

Sblade wrote: I love mis-information, look what CBJ said:
CBJ wrote:Just to clarify something here, the game doesn't have to be translated into English. Although Egosoft is a German company, everything is done in English first or in English and German simultaneously.
TC is complete in English, stop mongreling, thanks.
Where did you find that quote by CBJ? Can't seem to find the phrase when I Google it. And you misquoted me, I did say that it was *my* take on what the available information means. Also, just because the game doesn't need to be translated, they are still different versions, and, different release dates has happened before. Here's to hoping it doesn't.

Code: Select all

OOOOO
|OOOOO|_
|()|()| |
|()|()| |
|()|()|/
 \___/
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”