X3TC: Need help with mission cargo issue - Resolved.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MasterofZero

X3TC: Need help with mission cargo issue - Resolved.

Post by MasterofZero » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 02:06

I bought a Pelican to carry cargo, and my fighter, for a secret mission to free a Terran prisoner.
But the designated station refused to sell the cargo, so I ended up getting it from another station.

Entering a new sector to dock at a military base to make the delivery, I was immediately threatened by the base to leave now or be
the subject of target practice. I should have been able to reach the base without incident.

How can I complete this mission if the station I must go to for the cargo refuses to sell, and getting it anywhere else fails the mission?
Any help or advice is welcome, thanks!

wasted90
x4

Re: X3TC: Need help with cargo issue

Post by wasted90 » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 03:32

if my memory is right, you needed to have for all the steps one of those terran npc's with you all the time and do everything by yourself with your playership (with that npc inside) make sure you have cargo-live-support extension, or how ever its name is in english version

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: X3TC: Need help with mission cargo issue

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 13. Dec 19, 10:43

This is gameplay rather than a technical issue so I'll move this to the X Trilogy Universe forum.

It would help if you could specify the exact part and name of the plot involved, and exactly how you are trying to do it.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

MasterofZero

Post by MasterofZero » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 00:03

Okay, many thanks for the replies.....

Mission Summary: Operation Final Fury
Terran undercover operative Robert Pearle is trying to find out where technology, used in a Sol attack, was built in the Argon Commonwealth.
Unfortunately he has been captured and taken to Argon Sector M148's military base for interrogation.
Pearle's accomplice Heywood has a plan to get him back: do a favor for a Teladi businessman, and he will arrange a trade run to M148 to deliver 200 Teladianium, the perfect cover story for a spy mission to sneak Pearle out of the military base.
So the trade run is arranged, I buy a Pelican cargo hauler big enough for 200 Teladianium, and hide the Saber fighter inside.
I then plan to go to the military base to make the delivery, and use the fighter to grab Pearle and Heywood as they make their escape.

However, I was guided to go to a specific station in Grand Exchange (same sector to buy the Pelican) to get the Teledianium.
But that station refused to sell the cargo, so I ended up getting it from another station in the same sector.
Entering Argon Sector M148 to make the delivery, I was immediately threatened by the base to leave now or be fired upon.
As I said, I should have been able to reach the base without incident.

As to the NPC (Heywood I assume), I'm not clear, do I need her in my ship at all times?
Thanks again for the replies!

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 02:57

MasterofZero wrote:
Sat, 14. Dec 19, 00:03

As to the NPC (Heywood I assume), I'm not clear, do I need her in my ship at all times?
She has to be "with you." And if you have a Pelican and she docked her ship in your ship then she can't be detected and doesn't count. I always do that mission with a Mercury. If I remember correctly she tags along in her own brutally slow ship.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MasterofZero

Post by MasterofZero » Sat, 14. Dec 19, 23:51

I've searched for Heywood in the immediate Teladi sectors, don't know where else she might be, is she lost to my game?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Sun, 15. Dec 19, 01:00

MasterofZero wrote:
Sat, 14. Dec 19, 23:51
I've searched for Heywood in the immediate Teladi sectors, don't know where else she might be, is she lost to my game?
If I were you I would park outside the sector where you need to make the delivery, save, and punch the SETA button. Give it a couple hours and see if she turns up. If she does, you know she is alive and well and just bumbling her incredibly slow way along behind you somewhere, and you can either reload and go look for her or call it good and get on with the mission. If she doesn't then you know you need to dredge back to a save from before you lost here, which i sincerely hope that you have available.

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Sun, 15. Dec 19, 19:14

Heywood should be invulnerable, though may be stuck in combat somewhere if you dragged her through a dangerous neighborhood.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Mon, 16. Dec 19, 09:11

MasterofZero wrote:
Sat, 14. Dec 19, 00:03
Okay, many thanks for the replies.....

Mission Summary: Operation Final Fury
Terran undercover operative Robert Pearle is trying to find out where technology, used in a Sol attack, was built in the Argon Commonwealth.
Unfortunately he has been captured and taken to Argon Sector M148's military base for interrogation.
Pearle's accomplice Heywood has a plan to get him back: do a favor for a Teladi businessman, and he will arrange a trade run to M148 to deliver 200 Teladianium, the perfect cover story for a spy mission to sneak Pearle out of the military base.
So the trade run is arranged, I buy a Pelican cargo hauler big enough for 200 Teladianium, and hide the Saber fighter inside.
I then plan to go to the military base to make the delivery, and use the fighter to grab Pearle and Heywood as they make their escape.

However, I was guided to go to a specific station in Grand Exchange (same sector to buy the Pelican) to get the Teledianium.
But that station refused to sell the cargo, so I ended up getting it from another station in the same sector.
Entering Argon Sector M148 to make the delivery, I was immediately threatened by the base to leave now or be fired upon.
As I said, I should have been able to reach the base without incident.

Thanks again for the replies!
Hi,

I think you mixed some things up. What you describe is part of the Terran (Main) Plot, not Final Fury.

The steps are as follows:
1) Buy 200 Teladianium
2) Dock again and talk to the Teladi. He tells you that you're announced to the Argons.
4) Jump into Mil Sec 148. At that moment the sector is mostly enemy. Stop at the gate AND WAIT until you're accepted.
5) Now dock at the Mil station and wait until Heywood has docked as well.

MasterofZero

Post by MasterofZero » Tue, 17. Dec 19, 20:03

Thanks for the new replies.

@RainerPrem
I bought the 200 Teladianium, docked at the station, talked to the Teladi, but he had nothing more to say to me.
In my previous conversation with him, he said that he had arranged a delivery to Argon Sector M148, and wished me
"Luck and Profit".
I finally did have Heywood with me, and we took the slow boat to M148, but immediately on entering the gate, I was ordered to turn around or be fired upon, and yea, they ended up firing on me.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Wed, 18. Dec 19, 03:32

MasterofZero wrote:
Tue, 17. Dec 19, 20:03
Thanks for the new replies.

@RainerPrem
I bought the 200 Teladianium, docked at the station, talked to the Teladi, but he had nothing more to say to me.
In my previous conversation with him, he said that he had arranged a delivery to Argon Sector M148, and wished me
"Luck and Profit".
I finally did have Heywood with me, and we took the slow boat to M148, but immediately on entering the gate, I was ordered to turn around or be fired upon, and yea, they ended up firing on me.
What's your rep with the Argon?

Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

MasterofZero

Post by MasterofZero » Thu, 19. Dec 19, 18:10

@Timsup2nothin
Yea, that worked and mission completed, the final issue resolved, many thanks, case closed!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”