Saitek X45 Problem - FAQ not helping.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Cougar186
x3tc

Saitek X45 Problem - FAQ not helping.

Post by Cougar186 » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 17:51

I have searched and searched for a fix for my problem and can't find one. I am having the same problem as others and the only answer given is a FAQ entry that doesn't work.

When I try to play X3 with my Saitek X45 joystick the game acts like the keypresses are too fast. I have uninstalled both the game and the joystick and reinstalled them. I have tried the fix given in the FAQ but the system wont let me edit the target box. So I made a new shortcut manualy and it allowed me to edit but it says its invalid when I try to save it. Every thing on my system is working properly no errors or anything the game will function fine as long as I'm not using the joystick. My operating system is Window Vista Home premium. I tried the link to Enlight support and nothing. This is getting a little frustrating. Any help would be appriciated.

No mods just the game and update.
oh and the Joystick will just stop working when I go into the menu all of a sudden works when I start the game, but stops as soon as I enter the menu.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 18:00

The FAQ entry does work, because dozens of people have used it. It wouldn't be in the FAQ if they hadn't. If your system is telling you the entry is invalid then you must be typing it incorrectly. The position of any quote marks is particularly important - these must surround the path and file name but not the command line parameters.

Cougar186
x3tc

Post by Cougar186 » Thu, 24. Jul 08, 22:43

I didn't say it doesn't work just not working for me. I finally got it to accept the ignorejoy but I wnet through 20 buttons and none fixed it.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:02

You may need to try higher numbers or even more than one button. Use the Extra Search with the keyword "ignorejoy". You'll find various people's feedback on what worked for them. In a very quick scan of the replies I spotted one who said that button 23 worked for them, for example.

Cougar186
x3tc

Post by Cougar186 » Fri, 25. Jul 08, 00:55

I finaly got it.. thanks.

defense2
x3

Saitek X45 issue

Post by defense2 » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 02:17

I have tried to use the FAQ method of fixing the Issue with Saitek X45 joysticks in reguards to them messing with the keyboard, however when i type the command -ignorejoy 1 into the target box i get the reply

The name "C:\Program Files (x86)\EGOSOFT\X3 REUNION\X3.EXE"-ignorejoy' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

I believe this has to do with the game looking into the file name in my hard drive rather then the playing of the game. Yet the explainations of how to do this fix say i must do it this way, i am confused by this.

I am using Windows Vista 64bit

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 15. Jul 10, 11:16

Something you're doing with the shortcut, most likely with the positions of the quotes in the shortcut definition, is incorrect. It's not even getting as far as launching the game, so it's not something the game is doing.

defense2
x3

Target box

Post by defense2 » Wed, 29. Feb 12, 22:28

I would love to know where is the target box on the icon, because nothing says target box after you click properties.

Addition.

I am using Stream, so the Icons are not showing under property tab the target box.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 1. Mar 12, 11:12

Please don't post about the same problem in multiple threads. It just makes it more difficult for people to keep track of what is going on, and therefore more difficult for them to help you. Digging up old threads to post in doesn't help either.

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”