Chronicles of Arla - Chapter 1 (Part I)

Official fiction, fan fiction and artwork. Let your talent express itself!

Moderators: TheElf, Moderators for English X Forum

Did you like this?

Yes
100%
No
No votes
It was ok
No votes

Total votes: 4

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Chronicles of Arla - Chapter 1 (Part I)

Post by surefire_ven0m » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 16:53

Hi all , my first contribution to the creative universe. This is a short chapter split into two parts, and this first part is more of a teaser to what is to come in the not so distant future :)

----------------------------------------------

Chronicles of Arla

Chapter 1 - Another Dream (Part I)

There is no darkness like that of space. Endless and unforgiving, consuming all but the smallest ray of light. It is upon this notion we base our hopes, our dreams and our false securities. There is no darkness like that of space, except that which lies within all our hearts...

A low humming noise eminated from the engines of a Mamba as it cruised through the asteroids and rock clusters of Brennan's Triumph. A dangerous sector, situated inbetween some of the coldest and hostile regions of space. There was a lot of traffic through this sector at varying intervals, but many prefered to take a longer route through Boron and Split territories to reach the lower Argon sectors due to the Pirates that preyed on vulnerable transport ships.

The sleek, dagger - like shaped ship suddenly turned and it's engines let off a loud 'crack' as they were pushed to their limits. Swooping around a gargantuan asteroid a station came into view, surrounded by Lasertowers. It was quiet in this part of the sector, those who didn't belong here were swiftly eliminated and many people often dubbed it the 'no quarter'.

Ifran, the pilot of this Mamba, awoke from his slumber as the auto pilot disengaged and the ship's computer voice blared out of the speakers above his head.

"Warning, manual docking procedure required. Mainframe targetting system malfunction".

"Bah! These fools, of all the scrap they claim they cannot even have a station which allows me to approach WITHOUT being awoken!" Ifran's frustration sounded pitiful, his laziness was curse, as his mother once told him.

As Ifran took the ship's controls, he sent a communications request to the Pirate Base and recieved landing permission. He began his slow approach through some precarious rock clusters and flew between two Lasertowers, aligning his ship with the docking lights and glided gracefully into the docking bay. Taking a roll up from his pocket he lit up the spaceweed and took a long drag, coughing as the harsh smoke hit the back of his throat.

"I should really stop doing this, especially when i first wake up....where the hell is Marcus?" he shouted as the cargo bay door opened and a porter stood there, looking rather sheepish.

"I'm sorry Ifran, he has not been here for a long time, we were expecting him too..." the porter's voice trailed off as a huge, stocky man walked into the cargo bay of Ifran's Mamba.

"Well well!! Look who we have here, i believe some reperations are due, yes??" the booming voice made Ifran cringe.

"Regardless of your position within the Pirate factions, Cecil, i don't appreciate you talking to me like. You will get your money in due course. Until then, leave me be before i start accepting bets on how long you can last out there without a spacesuit" Ifran's eyes penetrated Cecil's puny, tainted heart. He was an awful man, the brother of DeLuca, the head of the Red Thorn Pirate faction that controlled most of the illegal activities in Split Fire and Brennan's Triumph. DeLuca was a powerful man but most Pirates knew not to cross Ifran, his reputation struck fear into many people.

"Right you are Ifran....i shall eeermm...attend to some things in the bar.." Cecil plodded off, he knew he could crush Ifran with his bare hands but also that he would be dead within a second of trying, Ifran's skills with a pistol were as astounding as his flying skills.

As the cargo bay door slowly closed Ifran threw the end of his roll up onto the metal walkway that led into the Pirate Base facilities and jumped out of his ship, he had a thirst for some Spacefuel, so he figured he may aswell follow Cecil and buff up his tab a bit more.

The stench of this base was appalling, stale booze, smoke and body odor made up the cocktail of odours that filled this place. Many Pirates once used to reside here jazuras ago, but now it was more like a pit stop for those who were passing through to the busier sectors like Mi Ton's Refuge. Ifran often conducted business here, his being that of an assassin for DeLuca. He had done this job for many years, ironically he didn't like violence but at least it justified his way of life. To the universe he was a nobody, a lazy no good Pirate that could live for a jazura off one contract. Ifran didn't give, he had nothing to give as his life was a blur of heart break and violence stemming from his childhood all the way to present.

His aim in life was simple, to observe as the universe went along, tearing itself apart. He had no reason to fulfill any goals, any chance of that was destroyed when he was deemed responsible for his father's death. Self defense is a question of judgement, he wanted to live so his father had to die. It was the only way he could escape the violence he suffered and now continued this path dealing death to those who are hated by many, usually politicians or corporate moguls that get too greedy and try sticking their noses into Pirate business. In truth, Ifran was a disgraceful creature but with his own justification for it and that is also how he viewed the entire universe.

As Ifran approached the door of the bar the alarm sirens suddenly began ringing throughout the station, he quickly looked around and noticed he was currently the only visitor here, what was all the noise about? The bar door burst open and Cecil ran towards Ifran.

"Incoming! We have incoming Argon fleet ships !!" he shouted, grabbing his pistol out of his belt.

"What do you mean? They must have good reason for being here, noone ever comes here without good reason?" Ifran questioned, adrenaline was cursing through his veins when he considered that they might be coming for him.

"They are following a small ship, a Harrier, i think it's Marcus!!" Cecil ran off towards the Lasertower console "They cannot destroy my home! What the hell has he done NOW??"

"Right, just get ready to man those defences, i will try and comm him through my ship" Ifran exclaimed as he ran back towards the Mamba.

BOOM!!

He didn't make it, a huge shockwave blasted the station and sent him flying through the air into the wall opposite the docking arm where had parked his ship. He cracked his head hard and hit the floor, debris fell from the ceiling and he heard an explosion rip through the facility just before he lost conciousness....
"do i look like a priest?" - "erm...yes...."

The funniest thread ever...

xuerebx

Post by xuerebx » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 17:20

Nice ven0m :) Can't wait for your following chapters :D :) Entertaining indeed!
Currently Surviving in the X Universe

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 17:26

As mentioned this first part of Chapter 1 is a teaser as to the setting and introduction to the characters etc.

If you like that short piece wait until Part II :P

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 18:39

Not bad at all for the first chapter may have to read on...

surefire_ven0m
x3ap

Post by surefire_ven0m » Thu, 3. Jul 08, 21:51

Cheers for the positive comments, i shall aim to finish the last of the next piece by tomorrow :)

Lord Dakier
x4

Post by Lord Dakier » Fri, 4. Jul 08, 01:31

If theres one thing ive learned its not to rush a good episode. keep them all stored in a document... i use rich text notepad. and one final thing, dont make every episode about a battle... i usually try and show how my characters develop in the Wing Project and how i can bring new ones into it without harming the current storyline.

Cody1234
x3

Post by Cody1234 » Tue, 15. Jul 08, 19:03

Can I ask if I can make a .doc file of the story for people to read on their own computers?
[ external image ]
Shoop+Space=Win

Return to “Creative Universe”