Shadow bug found in space stations!

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Stealthfran
x2

Post by Stealthfran » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 09:29

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post a bug, if it is'nt I'm sorry. Anyways, I found a bug when I'm in a docking bay without the menu on screen, if there is another ship in the bay near me I can see it's shadow on the wall of the station moving up and down really fast. I'm not sure if anyone else has seen this bug, I've tried X2 on two different systems, the first has a Geforce 4 ti4200 with the latest drivers, and the second has a Radeon 9800 Pro with the latest drivers. Both systems have win xp and all the latest equipment, cpu tons of memory etc... I've never had this type of problem before with any of the other games I've played. It's not that big of a deal to me but I know that egosoft prides themselves on putting out a quality product just as other software companies do. Please post a message if this will be addressed in a later patch, and awesome work on the rest of the game, I have'nt been happier since privateer came out. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to X3, please please please!!!!

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 10:16

Have a look around inside the station, is there are moving lightsource?
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Stealthfran
x2

Post by Stealthfran » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 10:22

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes there are moving light sources in my ore and silicon mines but I've seen the problem in all the other stations I've been in.

Stealthfran
x2

Post by Stealthfran » Sun, 18. Jan 04, 11:34

I forgot to mention that I've done alot of configuring with the in game graphical settings and also my hardware settings and it seems to still be having the same problems. I turned the in game shadows on and off, I turned the in game bumpmapping on and off, I played around with the in game AA and AQ settings, I've tried different resolutions in 32bit and 16bit colors. And I've also checked all my hardware and drivers in windows and also the bios. I don't want you guys and gals to think I'm picky or anything, but I've beta tested games before and the people I've worked for wanted me to report anything and everything and I myself consider this a bug. I've gone through all troubleshooting methods and have found no fault with any of the hardware I have, hopefully you guys or gals can recreate the same problem with your systems and write some new code to fix this. Thanks for your time

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”