No updates, just re-uploaded for those looking to download it...but there may be updates in the future.
Overheard at Argon Military
It's been a bad time to be a Xenon, between the improved vessels of the core races and the dangerously improved Kha'ak they keep losing battle after battle. Time for an old terraformer program to learn a few new tricks...Persistent. That is what they are, persistent. Those Xenon just send wave after wave at our forces until they win by attrition. It is terrible, you know. For them it is just the loss of a easily replicated piece of code and some easily strip-mined resources. For us it is a human life that will take years to replace. I've heard rumors that the high command is getting worried, especially with the new Xenon vessels...
ZIP (Includes SPK)
- Active Invasion - Each Xenon station in the universe will begin acting as an invasion coordinator. They will build waves of increasing numbers of ships and attempt to destroy everything in their target sector. Eventually they will give up and target a different sector though...eventually
- Optional: Sector Takeover - So what do the Xenon do when they have wiped out a sector? They make their own station and begin invading the next sector. With each sector taken over more invasion forces are put into play, keep the Xenon in check or be overwhelmed!
- Optional: Extra Stations - Many existing Xenon sectors do not have stations to produce invasion fleets, this option will place a single station in any existing Xenon sectors without them. Xenon 101 will quickly become a problem as it takes over the easily conquered pirate sectors!
- Optional: Tuned Ships - They are computers, experts at mass production. Each and every Xenon invasion ship will have full rudder and engine tunings straight out of the factory with this option.
- Optional: Extra Missiles - Xenon ships will come pre-equipped with an assortment of missiles when built, they will also use them more often. However, once they run out they are out.
- Optional: Surprises - Recent probes have determined that the Xenon are experimenting with equivalents of Lasertowers, Squash Mines, and Fighter Drones. While they seem to self-destruct after a time it is a worrisome advance.
Code: Select all
Easy Normal Hard Insane Station build time* 25 20 15 10 Token min 25 40 75 200 Token increase rate 25 40 75 200 Token max 100 160 300 400 Build timer (seconds) 45 30 20 10 Small Ship Weighting 3 2 1 1 *In minutes
Tokens and Times
When building an invasion force each wave is given a certain number of tokens which increase until the 'Token max' is reached. Once the max is reached the invasion has 'failed' and a sector will be randomly chosen for a new invasion starting at the 'Token min'. Each wave of the invasion has increasingly more tokens available to spend on ships with token costs and build times varying according to the chart here:
Code: Select all
M1 M2 M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 Unknown Tokens 60 55 8 4 1 14 35 1-8 Time* 40 40 6 2 1 12 20 1-8 *+1 for each docked ship (randomly chosen)
1. Your bug here! Please post any bugs you find in this thread!
1. Station building - Currently station just appear after they hold a sector for a period of time. It would be better to ship in the station in a carrier or Argon TL.
2. BBS News - Information about what sectors are currently under assault or in danger of being taken over
1. First stable release.
1. Fixed waves using more tokens than they should.
2. Added delay between invasion waves
3. Xenon stations will not invade sectors more than 2 jumps away now. The Xenon should creep across the universe instead of being an exponential flood now.
4. A multitude of other little bug fixes
1. Built ships are more randomized now. Yes, that means capships
2. Sanity limits are placed on station building to balance against scripts like RRF which make gates in the middle of nowhere
3. Invasions will begin a bit faster now, there was a bug in the startup code that made the invasions building routine wait for several minutes before beginning the first time.
Edit: removed outdated link, and added alternative links provided by Moonrat and CloneSargaent on page 7. X2-Illuminatus