Protection Money - Station cargo

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Santyx

Protection Money - Station cargo

Post by Santyx » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 10:22

And another two question.

1. At pirate bases I sometimes get a BBS message that asks me for protection money against vandalism. Does paying up do anything? I've never seen anything on my ships get destroyed or taken away from me while being docked at a pirate base. Does it perhaps give me reputation with the pirates?

2. I noticed on some schematics that M1's and M2's can carry ST size cargo just like TL's can. Does this mean they can practically function like a TL too?

teladianium
x3

Post by teladianium » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 10:24

Spoiler
Show
if you don't pay there is a mchance that you'll get a bomb planted on your ship - you won't be able to see it in the cargo listing so you can't eject it
2. don't know about that

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 10:34

2. A quick test says no - with a Teladi M1 docked at a shipyard I couldn't buy even a complex connection kit.

Santyx

Post by Santyx » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 10:54

A bomb! Guess I lucked out. Will a good rep with pirates lessen the chance of this happening?

argon_emperor
x4

Post by argon_emperor » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 13:03

Santyx wrote:A bomb! Guess I lucked out. Will a good rep with pirates lessen the chance of this happening?
Answer: No. There is no way to stop the BBS ad coming up, and even if you do not look at the BBS, the bomb can still be planted.

Although good luck getting rep with the pirates! Keep us posted on how you go about it... :roll:

Santyx

Post by Santyx » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 14:38

:sceptic:

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 21:14

Apparently, the more money you have in your personal account, the greater the chance of getting the bomb. I've docked numerous times early in the game with little or no cash, seen the message, and never gotten bombed. But I have a ~50% hit rate if I have millions in my account. Never tried a definitive test by transfering all my cash to a station first, so my results are purely anecdotal. Others may have differing experiences.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 21:20

Nanook wrote:Apparently, the more money you have in your personal account, the greater the chance of getting the bomb. I've docked numerous times early in the game with little or no cash, seen the message, and never gotten bombed. But I have a ~50% hit rate if I have millions in my account. Never tried a definitive test by transfering all my cash to a station first, so my results are purely anecdotal. Others may have differing experiences.
I think I'll take this challenge up. I'll get back to you tomorrow after I get out of class and have a go at it. Anyone else? Go for it, let us know.
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 13. Mar 08, 21:24

I see the protection message quite a lot (I usually have around 1billion in cash), but I can't say I've checked the percentage. I usually just pay them.

GradeALunatic

Post by GradeALunatic » Sat, 22. Mar 08, 01:51

i think if your on really good terms with the pirates they wont do that, either that i've extremely lucky lol

shilhi
x3tc

Post by shilhi » Sat, 22. Mar 08, 02:34

lol. I remember getting that BBS. One time I didnt take it, 60 seconds later when flying through space I hear 2 beeping noises, then I blow up. :shock:

It was hilarius.

patient zero
x3tc

Post by patient zero » Sun, 23. Mar 08, 00:16

I usually get a bomb planted on me whenever I sell slaves. Now I put them in another ship and sell them using remote control. Only the ship you are in can get a bomb planted in it.

BrigandPhantos
x2

Post by BrigandPhantos » Sun, 23. Mar 08, 03:15

I've only gotten this twice in my whole time playing the game. Sadly, I have been unable to play for the last week or so due to an injury on one of my fingers. Which is why I never got around to checking percentages. :cry: As soon as my finger finishes healing I'll be back to it though. And it sucks too, I was having soo much fun. :roll: :)
Peace is a state of mind!
War is absolute!

May profitsssss go with you!!

Visit me on myspace!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”