Version Number 1.12
Date Released 3/14/2008
Last Updated 5/07/2008
Script Created in X3 Reunion v 2.5
Finding the BBS news messages repetitive? The wise-cracking, xenophobic journalists get on your nerves? Wish the news on commodities were actually useful? If BBS stories are a part of your X3 gaming experience, this script is for you.
- Over 350 all-new news stories, based on actual media reports around the world, to lend real-world authenticity to the X3 universe. They add gritty, real-world colour to each race - see each race in and out of their stereotypes.
- Terrestrial, in-sector and guild-wide news add variety to news as you travel from location to location. See different news angles on the same event as you travel between the Foundation and Profit Guilds!
- Real business news built on the X3 economic engine. Know exactly what best deals are offered in which sector.
- For the zip file, unzip and copy al.plugin.bbs.project2.init.xml and al.plugin.bbs.project2.xml into X:\...\X3 Reunion\scripts\, and 448556.xml into X:\...\X3 Reunion\t\
- For the SPK File, use Cycrow's Plugin Manager (see sticky thread in forum)
Text File Used: 8556 - 8565
- Improved performance of script
- Stabilised frequency of commodities-related news vis-a-vis static news
- Fixed issue with Yaki stations in XTM mod
- Conversion of script into AL plugin
- Bugfix for commodities news: Now they should appear on the BBS.
- Bugfix for non-docked save games: Messages are now generated only when docked, avoiding news "originating" from Xenon and Khaak sectors
- More entries added, miscellaneous bugfixes and article edits
- Initial release
- This script is different from most, in that it is as much a piece of programming as it is a work of fiction set in the X3 universe. A lot of research was done in terms of locations, names, and story continuity, but I'm pretty sure there are lapses out there. (I still come across them in this stage of debugging.) If you come across anything, PM me or post in this thread, I'll fix them for the next release.
- Send me your news stories! I know this has been done before, but there's always room for more. Do keep the game continuity in mind, however--check the old X2 BBS story submission guidelines for details. Of course, I'll be exercising my editorial rights too.
- I need feedback on how well the script works with the No-trash BBS mod. Theoretically there should be no issues, and having no-trash installed should increase the frequency of news articles from X3 BBS Project 2.
- Bug reports, censorship/freedom of speech issues, and other feedback are welcome of course. I'll try my best to fix them.