EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

XXL Factories - Working links?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sandtrooper

PostPosted: Wed, 2. Sep 15, 23:41    Post subject: XXL Factories - Working links? Reply with quote Print

As per subject heading - does anybody know of any?

Such is this cluttered site now, I have to use Google to actually find anything and even when retrieving several links (even other sites have links back to this site), the actual url for downloading many things are dead!

Along with some 60-odd percent of the Xai-Corp stuff, I can't find a working link to download the Ashley XXL factories.

I am slowly building up an archive of the X3R mods/scripts but, this is yet another that eludes me so far.

Help/pointers (working) links much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Fri, 4. Sep 15, 13:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I posted working download links in the mod thread on the second last page here. I also added them to the opening post now.

If I am looking for working download links and the ones provided by the author of the script or mod doesn't work anymore, I usually do the following:
1. Check, whether someone provided working download links on the last few pages of the script/mod thread already.
2. Look on http://xdownloads.co.uk/ and other known mod hosting sites, whether the mod/script is available there.
3. Look on http://archive.org/web/ whether the site with a working download link may have been saved.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton

Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Sat, 5. Sep 15, 14:06; edited 1 time in total
Sandtrooper

PostPosted: Fri, 4. Sep 15, 15:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks, I'll save these too.

Downloads I have discovered so far include here:
https://onedrive.live.com/?id=E72F879570FF993E%211469&cid=E72F879570FF993E&group=0

here:
http://www.hentschke-keramik.de/x3scripts.php3#bier

here:
http://xdownloads.co.uk/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=5&view=viewcategory&catid=114
Just discovered this one. Includes Ashley stuff but as yet, not had chance to go through them and many lack descriptions of exactly what those scripts are/do/differ from others on that page.

Hopefully fellow X3R Moguls will find these links useful.

Sandtrooper

PostPosted: Fri, 4. Sep 15, 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The Archive org link had a supurfluous comma which, when removed, delivered what I think is a home/start page. Hmm, maybe I'm just too dim to understand how the archive org thing works - do I search for the name of a site/page by a name I don't know? Do I search for item/link I wanted (in which case, would Google not have returned a result if still extant)?

As for the ever-elusive SSP XXL plants, I'll just give up the search - a fortnight spent so far and nothing found. Chances are, it's easy for someone who already knows the location of a working link (or of course knows the name of the url by which search).

Sad

Thanks anyway.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 5. Sep 15, 14:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The wayback machine (webarchive) saves website. If you have a link that is no longer working you can enter it into the webarchive search and see, whether it may have been saved in a working state. It only worked rarely in the cases I tested it, but it's still worth a try.

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton