System Override

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

adlkirk
x3tc

System Override

Post by adlkirk » Sat, 17. Nov 07, 05:46

Can't seem to find anything on the "system override" addition you can buy @ some "friendly" pirate bases. I have come across a variety of idle ships with no one on board, like Vulture Super Cargo ships and the likes...but getting within 50 metres or less and trying to claim them doesn't work.

Do I need toi assign a hotkey???

Or perhaps this has been discussed and I simply missed it?

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Sat, 17. Nov 07, 08:38

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=112957

And yes you do have to assign a hotkey to it.

Later, MBD.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 17. Nov 07, 09:29

Or you can just select I for Information and hit Claim from the bottom menu. However, are you sure those ships you've found have no-one in them? They need to be stationary and have no pilot--it's possible to find ships with "Unknown Object" as pilots, which can't be claimed, and it's also possible to find ships that are sitting stationary and apparently doing nothing, but which still have pilots aboard.

adlkirk
x3tc

Post by adlkirk » Fri, 23. Nov 07, 07:34

Well I suppose it would be a non-sequiter argument to assume because the hails are unanswered that there's no one on board, so, no I am not 100% sure they are unpiloted craft...

Gnavpot
x2

Post by Gnavpot » Fri, 23. Nov 07, 08:18

Simple test:
Can you claim those ships the oldfashioned way?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 23. Nov 07, 08:42

adlkirk wrote:Well I suppose it would be a non-sequiter argument to assume because the hails are unanswered that there's no one on board, so, no I am not 100% sure they are unpiloted craft...
Just look in the detailed information for the ship--it gives you the pilot's name, if any! It has to be "Pilot: None" to be claimable.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”