.PBD editor

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Reunion.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

zore
x3

.PBD editor

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 14:46

What should I use to edit a PBD file? I'm trying to duplicate an existing ship with out over writing the old ships data. Basicly I want to create a copy with slightly different colors. All the files are in PBD format when I extract xsp.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 14:53

a pbd file is a packed bod file ;) to unpack it move with the X3ModManager into a temporary cat/dat and then extract it from there ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

zore
x3

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 15:26

Sorry, you lost me. I have the X3 Plugin Manager Installer, X3 Plugin manager packager and x3 pluginmanager ship creator. I took a look to see which one I would use to open the file, but I didn't see it.

tai1980
x3

Post by tai1980 » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 15:33

zore wrote:Sorry, you lost me. I have the X3 Plugin Manager Installer, X3 Plugin manager packager and x3 pluginmanager ship creator. I took a look to see which one I would use to open the file, but I didn't see it.
This is the mod manager :)

--> http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=108888

zore
x3

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 16:41

BING. I get it. Load this app, add file to app. Right click in app on file, edit, and there you have it. GENIOUS. Now all I should have to do is to edit where it looks for the texture file and point it to the new textures. Fantastic.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 18:18

at a guess, i would say your are looking at the scene file for the ship.
This is what makes up the ship, ie positioning the different bodys, as some ships are made up of different parts.

the textures are in the body files, there can be several of them, these are with pbb or pbd files if they are packed

zore
x3

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 18:26

Basicly, i'm looking at the galactica that someone made and I want to just change the main texture to read Columbia. I'm also looking to see what is involved to get some of the other guns working that are in the Pegasus and Valkyrie.

I'm not sure what's involved in getting these things to work, but I'd like to give it a shot. If any one has any tips on what to look for, let me know.

zore
x3

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 23:47

Once I extract the BOD file and make my changes, how do i get it back in a pbd file again?

zore
x3

Post by zore » Mon, 7. Jul 08, 23:52

Never mind, I figured that portion out.

Neuron_Ned

Post by Neuron_Ned » Wed, 26. Aug 09, 22:11

Can anyone confirm that X3 Mod Manager works on VISTA x64 as I'm trying to examine some of Hawkbs Galactica and cannot seem to extract pbd files.
The truth of the matter is I'm not sure I'm using X3MM correctly in unpacking these pbd's

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/6178 ... roblem.jpg

Any help much appreciated

Neuron_Ned

Return to “X³: Reunion - Scripts and Modding”